IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
So my fiancé had his interview today & received a 221g due to his divorce date being different on the translated document I provided him. His divorce date is accurate on his original divorce decree & his Archive paper but because the translated document has an error by ONE day (ASAP Translate put 8/30 instead of 8/31) they told him not to worry they just have to check up on his divorce information to make sure it’s official/accurate, which we both know it is, then they’ll get back to him. 

However, I’m wondering why they didn’t ask for him to get the translated paper corrected and sent back to them instead. I’m thinking of sending it to them anyway after I receive the document with the correct date but I’m not sure if I’ll be adding more fuel to the fire. 

My fiance said the woman asked him every question she could think of & every document she requested he had ready & provided it to her. She was even congratulating him for answering all his questions correctly then at the end hit him with “Well there’s a tiny error with the divorce date on the paper your fiancé sent us, it doesn’t match the documents you gave us”. My fiancé politely questioned her and showed her both documents n couldn’t think of what document she possibly could’ve been referring to until it dawned on him that maybe it’s the translated paper I sent with my packet, which I checked today & it was. The CO held more weight to that document instead of the Haitian documents he had in hand forgetting that translators are people & they make errors too, one that I unfortunately did not catch. 

Although I’m greatful he didn’t receive a flat out denial, I’m so worried & I’m hoping there’s a positive outcome at the end of this AP road, but I can’t stop thinking of why they took the translated paper more serious instead of his official documents. Even my I-129F showed the same date his documents showed. Only thing with a different date was the translated document. We don’t know how long they will take with AP either.

He left with the 221g I’ve attached in this thread, a form telling him to create a UStraveldocs profile (which we already have) and a booklet about how to defend yourself against violence in the USA. I’m hoping I don’t have anything to worry about but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated 😕. Thank you. 

769B0FEA-3465-47D0-80C0-092E6D4317B0.jpeg

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
23 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

Yes but you have to have your NOA2 to get the police certificate then it takes 15-20 days 🙄 in DR you can just get it but Haiti everything is complicated 

Thank you! i know it is very complicated in Haiti. Do you happen to know the cost of it?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, gsdc23 said:
So my fiancé had his interview today & received a 221g due to his divorce date being different on the translated document I provided him. His divorce date is accurate on his original divorce decree & his Archive paper but because the translated document has an error by ONE day (ASAP Translate put 8/30 instead of 8/31) they told him not to worry they just have to check up on his divorce information to make sure it’s official/accurate, which we both know it is, then they’ll get back to him. 

However, I’m wondering why they didn’t ask for him to get the translated paper corrected and sent back to them instead. I’m thinking of sending it to them anyway after I receive the document with the correct date but I’m not sure if I’ll be adding more fuel to the fire. 

My fiance said the woman asked him every question she could think of & every document she requested he had ready & provided it to her. She was even congratulating him for answering all his questions correctly then at the end hit him with “Well there’s a tiny error with the divorce date on the paper your fiancé sent us, it doesn’t match the documents you gave us”. My fiancé politely questioned her and showed her both documents n couldn’t think of what document she possibly could’ve been referring to until it dawned on him that maybe it’s the translated paper I sent with my packet, which I checked today & it was. The CO held more weight to that document instead of the Haitian documents he had in hand forgetting that translators are people & they make errors too, one that I unfortunately did not catch. 

Although I’m greatful he didn’t receive a flat out denial, I’m so worried & I’m hoping there’s a positive outcome at the end of this AP road, but I can’t stop thinking of why they took the translated paper more serious instead of his official documents. Even my I-129F showed the same date his documents showed. Only thing with a different date was the translated document. We don’t know how long they will take with AP either.

He left with the 221g I’ve attached in this thread, a form telling him to create a UStraveldocs profile (which we already have) and a booklet about how to defend yourself against violence in the USA. I’m hoping I don’t have anything to worry about but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated 😕. Thank you. 

769B0FEA-3465-47D0-80C0-092E6D4317B0.jpeg

Sorry to hear that.... The same thing kind of happened to my finance too, today he went for his interview everything went great except they said they want our conversation from before 2017. They gave him that same paper too and told him to bring the evidences they asked of with his passport to DHL when he's ready. I hope that every goes well with your case and I'm also pray and hoping mine works out as well. 

Timeline
On 10/9/2018 at 8:33 PM, Gigi2018 said:

Sorry to hear that.... The same thing kind of happened to my finance too, today he went for his interview everything went great except they said they want our conversation from before 2017. They gave him that same paper too and told him to bring the evidences they asked of with his passport to DHL when he's ready. I hope that every goes well with your case and I'm also pray and hoping mine works out as well. 

Yes, my fiancé just sent over his passport & documents that the embassy requested of him through email. I believe things will go well for the both of us, especially since they’re actually requesting further documents & kept everything else. I can’t imagine them giving you any trouble over a whatsapp conversation. Wishing you luck with everything 🤗.

28 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

Yes, my fiancé just sent over his passport & documents that the embassy requested of him through email. I believe things will go well for the both of us, especially since they’re actually requesting further documents & kept everything else. I can’t imagine them giving you any trouble over a whatsapp conversation. Wishing you luck with everything 🤗.

Do you think they will give us trouble we met on FB as friends in 2015 but didn’t start dating until 2017 in the spring and we talk through what’s app and imo we both don’t even have fb or thoes conventions from the past but we have them from when we started dating and a bit just prior 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

Do you think they will give us trouble we met on FB as friends in 2015 but didn’t start dating until 2017 in the spring and we talk through what’s app and imo we bothdon’t even have fb or thoes conventions from the past but we have them from when we started dating and a bit just prior 

The only thing I’ve read about meeting online is for you to make sure that the website isn’t a site where they find someone for you. I believe evidence should’ve been provided for this at USCIS stage when you initially sent your packet over. But I believe as long as you have a good amount of evidence (chat logs, pics, top ups, western union receipts, etc) from when you started dating until now then you should be fine. It all depends on the CO to be honest. Just make sure your husband goes in there confident & prepared to know everything about you and your relationship.

Just some advice: 

If any one going through this journey were divorced before I suggest bringing all evidence of divorce to the interview especially if it was a divorce in Haiti. Even though my fiancé had his original divorce decree & his extract they still questioned it. So they recently requested for us to submit “confirmation” of divorce at the national archives which was confusing to us some we already received the extract from the archives, but my fiancé obtained his divorce judgment paper from his lawyer and also published the divorce in the Haiti news paper. I think the newspapers are comnected with the National Archive. It doesn’t happen to everyone but better to be safe than sorry. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

You sent them throu e-mails?.... Do you think that they will get it faster?..... Cause on ours they asked that we dropped them at the DHL. And said they will contact him when they received them. He dropped them today at DHL, now I don't know how long that it'll take for them to received them and process them. His visa status on the ceac website states that it's on administrative processing. 

Timeline

My fiance went for his interview visa on tuesday, afterwards they told him that they want to give him the visa but they just needs to see anything before 2017 like convos or transfer etc.... They even toll him if any of the tranfer papers had a 2016 date on it even if it was one receipt they would have give it to him. They asked him to send them it throu DHL including his passport. I don't have any tranfers from those days but i only could find our text messages from what's app convos dated from february 2016 till November 2016, you guys already know it is it shows date, time, and with name . I emailed them to him to print to sent it to them. Do you guys thing that is enough to have them approved the visa?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

You sent them throu e-mails?.... Do you think that they will get it faster?..... Cause on ours they asked that we dropped them at the DHL. And said they will contact him when they received them. He dropped them today at DHL, now I don't know how long that it'll take for them to received them and process them. His visa status on the ceac website states that it's on administrative processing. 

No not through email, my fiancé sent over the requested documents through DHL as well. When we initially received our 221g we weren’t missing any documents. They only checked off that we were under “further AP” and they checked off the bottom portion of our form that said to include his passport if additional documents were requested. Then a week & a half later my case was updated & I received an email from the embassy stating that they told my fiancé to submit confirmation of divorce (which they didn’t tell him that at his interview) but we submitted the documents along with his passport yesterday. Took us about 2 weeks to gather & send everything. Now we just wait for an email or until his CEAC status changes cause ours also still say “AP”. The thing about AP is there’s no time frame/limit. They can take as long as they need. I’m hoping it’s not too long though. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

No not through email, my fiancé sent over the requested documents through DHL as well. When we initially received our 221g we weren’t missing any documents. They only checked off that we were under “further AP” and they checked off the bottom portion of our form that said to include his passport if additional documents were requested. Then a week & a half later my case was updated & I received an email from the embassy stating that they told my fiancé to submit confirmation of divorce (which they didn’t tell him that at his interview) but we submitted the documents along with his passport yesterday. Took us about 2 weeks to gather & send everything. Now we just wait for an email or until his CEAC status changes cause ours also still say “AP”. The thing about AP is there’s no time frame/limit. They can take as long as they need. I’m hoping it’s not too long though. 

Yes we'll be praying..... I hope everything works well for you and as well as mine cause these things are a long lasting stress....😕😕😕😕

I have headaches just by thinking about all these....lolllll

I just wants it all to be over so my baby can finally be next to me

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

My fiance went for his interview visa on tuesday, afterwards they told him that they want to give him the visa but they just needs to see anything before 2017 like convos or transfer etc.... They even toll him if any of the tranfer papers had a 2016 date on it even if it was one receipt they would have give it to him. They asked him to send them it throu DHL including his passport. I don't have any tranfers from those days but i only could find our text messages from what's app convos dated from february 2016 till November 2016, you guys already know it is it shows date, time, and with name . I emailed them to him to print to sent it to them. Do you guys thing that is enough to have them approved the visa?

If that’s all you can obtain then it should be enough. I believe Feb 2016-Nov 2016 should be good. Honestly I only bought my whatsapp conversation from the summer of this year to our interview & they didn’t question that. It’s crazy cause some CO’s don’t even ask for any of that. Almost as if they just pick & choose what they want you to give them. So I think you’ll be ok. As far as transfers go, next time maybe try calling whoever you do transfers with and see if they can pull up your transaction history & email them to you, just in case. I use the WU app so I get all my transfers to my email. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

Yes we'll be praying..... I hope everything works well for you and as well as mine cause these things are a long lasting stress....😕😕😕😕

I have headaches just by thinking about all these....lolllll

I just wants it all to be over so my baby can finally be next to me

Trust me I know EXACTLY how you feel. My fiancé and i try to stay positive for each other but deep down I know we’re both stressed out cause it’s been wayyy too long. 4 years this December, we’ve been doing this long distance business😩. But thank you for your kind thoughts & yes I’ll Def be praying for you and yours as well cause I’m ready for ALLLLL of this to be over & have my honey next to me as well. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
7 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

If that’s all you can obtain then it should be enough. I believe Feb 2016-Nov 2016 should be good. Honestly I only bought my whatsapp conversation from the summer of this year to our interview & they didn’t question that. It’s crazy cause some CO’s don’t even ask for any of that. Almost as if they just pick & choose what they want you to give them. So I think you’ll be ok. As far as transfers go, next time maybe try calling whoever you do transfers with and see if they can pull up your transaction history & email them to you, just in case. I use the WU app so I get all my transfers to my email. 

Ok thank you..... He had enough transfer receipts with him they looked at them but they were all done 2017 to 2018 they wanted previous years. They asked him does he think he could find at least one tranfer receipt that was done in 2016 that would have been find...  They ask him for any conversation we have from before 2017. But we don't transfers receipts in 2016, so that's why I'm relying on the what's app convos to do the magic for us. They will accept them as prove, right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gigi2018 said:

Ok thank you..... He had enough transfer receipts with him they looked at them but they were all done 2017 to 2018 they wanted previous years. They asked him does he think he could find at least one tranfer receipt that was done in 2016 that would have been find...  They ask him for any conversation we have from before 2017. But we don't transfers receipts in 2016, so that's why I'm relying on the what's app convos to do the magic for us. They will accept them as prove, right?

They will definitely accept them as proof. Since that’s what they asked for. Did the CO physically write “need transfers from 2016” on your 221g? Or did it say they just need the convo thread from 2016 ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.