IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

CONGRATS!!!! Can you let us know what questions were asked and what documents were requested from him please? I want to see the variation of how CO’s conduct their interviews with everyone on here.

Thanks!! They asked him when did we meet, what do I do, what does he do, how often I went to Haiti, and some of the questions they asked portauprince4love. He didn’t give me too many details on the questions. At the beginning, they asked him if he spoke english, he said yes, so the rest of the interview was in english. They didn’t ask him for ANY of the papers we put together, no police certificate, no 134, no pics, no whatsapp convos, nothing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 5:41 PM, PortauPrince4Love said:

@Sej @Kween Please help! We were approved on Monday and I am very confused about what we need to bring to DHL to pick up the visa. We already have an account on US Travel Docs.

I would love an answer to this question as well, i saw one post say that you need the appointment confirmation paper and then another post said that once its ready for pick up there is a page you can print out. Please anyone know exactly where i can find this page to print?

Yaaaaaayyyyy Thank you Jesus!!! What a blessing woot woot! Super good news! Wow I'm really noticing that ever interview is soooo different. It's definitely better to over prepare though. Oh you're in Haiti? That's so sweet how you guys are waiting with your loves. I love it! Having a remote job is awesome! Yay yay yay 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, AlexandraNoel said:

For the I-129F form.. when submitting the "intend to marry" statement, did anyone have to submit 2? one from your fiance and one for yourself? Along with the packet? Thanks

Listen let me tell you what I did. I'm all about going the cheapest route. First let me answer yes they need a intent to marry signed and dated from both of you. So what I did was sent him the letter in his email. He printed it out... Signed  and dated it.. scanned it back to me through email. His signature does not have to be "wet" I did the same thing with his passport photo. He scanned me a copy through my email. He then took the same copy he scanned to me signed and dated it and scanned it back to my email. I did not do any mailing for the first process to the USCIS. I only mailed him the packet for his interview. Everything signed was a copy that was scanned to me by email. Trust me this process is not all at cheap you want to save your coins every way you can. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Cocoa said:

Listen let me tell you what I did. I'm all about going the cheapest route. First let me answer yes they need a intent to marry signed and dated from both of you. So what I did was sent him the letter in his email. He printed it out... Signed  and dated it.. scanned it back to me through email. His signature does not have to be "wet" I did the same thing with his passport photo. He scanned me a copy through my email. He then took the same copy he scanned to me signed and dated it and scanned it back to my email. I did not do any mailing for the first process to the USCIS. I only mailed him the packet for his interview. Everything signed was a copy that was scanned to me by email. Trust me this process is not all at cheap you want to save your coins every way you can. 

Omg ! Thank you sooo much!!! I really thought the signature HAD TO be wet. So a copy is fine? That’s perfect! I was freaking out because i know the mailing back and forth can be very expensive! So we will do that then. Whew! You helped me a whole lot! Also both of our signatures and dates on one statement right? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Question: when sending the I-129f certified mail - did you ladies send it to the PO BOX address in Dallas, TX? Or the physical address? Thanks. 

I your sending it through USPS then send it through this address 

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For certified mail such as FedEx & etc. use the address below:

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline

For those of you who completed the Medical part already, when your fiancé(e) went for their initial appt did they keep their passport & interview paper? If so, did they return it when they picked up their results?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

No, my fiance kept both. 

Hmm, I wonder why they kept my fiancé’s passport and appointment letter. He did say that there’s 2 vaccines that they didn’t have and that he will receive it upon picking up his results on Friday so I’m wondering if maybe that’s why they kept it. They told him they’ll give it back but with Haiti you gotta be cautious with them keeping documents. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.