IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, P&L1047 said:

Thank you, im actually in haiti with her right now and have a return flight for the 14th of september 

I'm here in Haiti with my fiancé too until he flies out. I work remotely so I am able to work everyday still for my job. 

WE WERE APPROVED this morning. 

I went with him this morning expecting to wait outside. But, they actually let me in. We had the original NOA2 and because it had my name on it (and I had my passport), they let me in. 

We got there at 7:20 for an 8 AM appointment. The appointment times mean nothing. First step, you walk up to the guards and the tourist visa folks stand in one line and the permanent resident applicants stand in other line. It was about 60 people in line when we arrived in the permanent resident line and they were letting people in 8 - 10 at a time. It moved smoothly and we were there for about 25 minutes. 

Then, we got in line to speak to one of 2 officers at the window (This was about 90 minutes of waiting). They asked to see the following (I was able to join my fiancé at the window-counter):

Medical

Police Check

Birth Extrait (from National Archive)

DS 160 Confirmation

SogeExpress Visa Receipt

Appointment Confirmation

She also asked to see receipt of Western Union transfers

No questions about our relationship at this stage. The first officer verified the information and then we were told to sit down.  We waited an additional 20 minutes and then my fiancé went to the window of a different officer who asked relationship questions. I again went up with my fiancé BUT because she was asking questions about me and our relationship she politely asked me to sit down. I was 5 feet away from him. I heard all the questions. Both people doing this questioning were Kreyol-speaking white women. The questions were:

1. When did you meet?  Where and what year? 

2. When did you start dating? 

3. When is your wedding date?

4. Where are you getting married? 

5. Where have you traveled together? 

That's all the questions. Then, she had my fiancé raise his right hand and verify the information he gave her was true. Told him he was approved and gave him a blue paper about creating an account and picking up his passport in 2 weeks. 

Edited by PortauPrince4Love
more words

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cocoa said:

Oh wow you're in Haiti? You leave on the 14th? When did you get there? That's a lot of time off.   I wanted to be there for his interview but I was told I would not be allowed in so... Anyway.. Yes he will definitely fly out right away. Right now he's just saying his final goodbyes until his passport comes back. 

I got here on the 19th, i work for family so it makes it easy for me to take time off. Yea they wouldnt let me in but my fiancee said she saw a couple together inside for k1 visa so why they let them in and not me i dont know. Well hopefully we both get our visas in hand soon 

10 minutes ago, P&L1047 said:

I got here on the 19th, i work for family so it makes it easy for me to take time off. Yea they wouldnt let me in but my fiancee said she saw a couple together inside for k1 visa so why they let them in and not me i dont know. Well hopefully we both get our visas in hand soon 

Wow that's crazy.. Right.. Fingers crossed! 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

I'm here in Haiti with my fiancé too until he flies out. I work remotely so I am able to work everyday still for my job. 

I went with him this morning expecting to wait outside. But, they actually let me in. We had the original NOA2 and because it had my name on it (and I had my passport), they let me in. 

We got there at 7:20 for an 8 AM appointment. The appointment times mean nothing. First step, you walk up to the guards and the tourist visa folks stand in one line and the permanent resident applicants stand in other line. It was about 60 people in line when we arrived in the permanent resident line and they were letting people in 8 - 10 at a time. It moved smoothly and we were there for about 25 minutes. 

Then, we got in line to speak to one of 2 officers at the window (This was about 90 minutes of waiting). They asked to see the following (I was able to join my fiancé at the window-counter):

Medical

Police Check

DS 160 Confirmation

SogeExpress Visa Receipt

Appointment Confirmation

No questions about our relationship at this stage. The first officer verified the information and then we were told to sit down.  We waited an additional 20 minutes and then my fiancé went to the window of a different officer who asked relationship questions. I again went up with my fiancé BUT because she was asking questions about me and our relationship she politely asked me to sit down. I was 5 feet away from him. I heard all the questions. Both people doing this questioning were Kreyol-speaking white women. The questions were:

That's all the questions. Then, she had my fiancé raise his right hand and verify the information he gave her was true. Told him he was approved and gave him a blue paper about creating an account and picking up his passport in 2 weeks. 

Congratulations im so happy for you and your fiance. They didnt even ask my fiance for the police report just western union reciepts and when we met and when we became a couple and we also have a child together that got citizenship through the embassy in haiti so they asked her about our child as well. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

Medical

Police Check

DS 160 Confirmation

SogeExpress Visa Receipt

Appointment Confirmation

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎉🎊🎈 && Thank you for the detailed description of how it went! 

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
9 hours ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

Medical

Police Check

DS 160 Confirmation

SogeExpress Visa Receipt

Appointment Confirmation

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you, all these approvals are giving me positive vibes, we are next week Monday. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline

For the I-129F form.. when submitting the "intend to marry" statement, did anyone have to submit 2? one from your fiance and one for yourself? Along with the packet? Thanks

8 hours ago, AlexandraNoel said:

For the I-129F form.. when submitting the "intend to marry" statement, did anyone have to submit 2? one from your fiance and one for yourself? Along with the packet? Thanks

Yes, for both the i129f and k1/interview I did 2 (1 for me, 1 for my fiance). It’s the same thing, just switch around the names and addresses. Just google fiance visa letter of intent and you’ll find it.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ann227Blue said:

Yes, for both the i129f and k1/interview I did 2 (1 for me, 1 for my fiance). It’s the same thing, just switch around the names and addresses. Just google fiance visa letter of intent and you’ll find it.

Thank you! Did you sign his name also on it?? 

3 hours ago, Ann227Blue said:

My fiance had his interview yesterday and he got approved!! Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions!

Wow!! Congratulations!!!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ann227Blue said:

I emailed it to him and had him sign it and send it back to me via fedex, expensive option, but I needed him to send me passport style pics of him anyways.

Thank you. I’m in the beginning stages of the process. How long in total did it take for the whole process?

8 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Thank you. I’m in the beginning stages of the process. How long in total did it take for the whole process?

Welcome! They received our I129-F in mid-October last year, & we finally got packet 3 in May of this year. In July, we scheduled the interview for the end of August.

Things were very slow at first, but it’s finally over!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ann227Blue said:

My fiance had his interview yesterday and he got approved!! Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions!

CONGRATS!!!! Can you let us know what questions were asked and what documents were requested from him please? I want to see the variation of how CO’s conduct their interviews with everyone on here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.