IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

He told them he was trying to come visit me.

Yea I don't think you should get any problems about that. You got a lawyer? I'm too cheap to get a lawyer lol.. 

Lol trust me I like to save money too but a close friend of ours and his now wife did the process and the first time she made a mistake and it got denied so they hired a lawyer on the second filing and that’s why we just got one from the beginning because we did not know but now looking back I don’t know if it really matters we probably didn’t need it but it’s helped . But once he gets home it’s save money time again lol

2 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

Lol trust me I like to save money too but a close friend of ours and his now wife did the process and the first time she made a mistake and it got denied so they hired a lawyer on the second filing and that’s why we just got one from the beginning because we did not know but now looking back I don’t know if it really matters we probably didn’t need it but it’s helped . But once he gets home it’s save money time again lol

Right lol girl I stayed on my knees praying.. We both did. We pray together every night and this is something we prayed for so much so this is a very big day for us. We got a lot a lot of relief

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Juliette2784 said:

Congratulations to you I am very excited for you I pray for our day to come soon Blessings for many years to come

Yayyyy I know this feeling lol guys it’s not that hard just know you have more than 60% of chances to get it just make sure you have your paperwork straight Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 

3 hours ago, Cocoa said:

THANK YOU JESUS!!! HE GOT APPROVED!!! It was only 2 other people there. Everyone got approved. He said they did not really ask him for nothing. They wanted his police report from Bahamas. He gave it to him. He took his police report from Haiti but they didn't take it. Nothing was translated. I loaded him with stuff to take and they didn't take any of it. They took his passport and passport photos his medical exam his confirmed page for the ds160 and the appointment letter. They asked him am I working. When they figured out what I did they said how did she get this job? They really liked where I worked. He said they consular started fussing at him and saying why have she never been to Haiti? He told him no she has she just left here April 29th. He explained everything we did in Haiti and they said ok. He went it at 7am and he called me at 8:54am

Wonderful news! Blessings to you.

Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 9:40 AM, Cocoa said:

THANK YOU JESUS!!! HE GOT APPROVED!!! It was only 2 other people there. Everyone got approved. He said they did not really ask him for nothing. They wanted his police report from Bahamas. He gave it to him. He took his police report from Haiti but they didn't take it. Nothing was translated. I loaded him with stuff to take and they didn't take any of it. They took his passport and passport photos his medical exam his confirmed page for the ds160 and the appointment letter. They asked him am I working. When they figured out what I did they said how did she get this job? They really liked where I worked. He said they consular started fussing at him and saying why have she never been to Haiti? He told him no she has she just left here April 29th. He explained everything we did in Haiti and they said ok. He went it at 7am and he called me at 8:54am

Congratulations!!!!! I wonder why it was so empty? Anyways that’s great news! I’m so happy for the both of you! I love hearing about approvals. What is it that you do if you don’t mind me asking? Feel free not to answer if I’m prying lol. 

Timeline
My fiancé received a call yesterday from the embassy and they assigned him an interview date even after we already chose on the CGI website. We chose the 21st of September but he received a call yesterday morning and they said he’s to come to the embassy a few days earlier, but I didn’t receive any confirmation email with the date they provided him over the phone, nor have I received the email with packet 3 even though I’ve emailed them numerous times asking for it. I even called the embassy to have them follow up with my emais. I don’t mind them moving our days up but why no email communication? Don’t they need the appt letter with the assigned date before he enters? We only have the one for the day we previously chose and the new day is not yet updated on my traveldocs website either for me to print it. 

I also want want to know has anyone had this happen to them before? 
Edited by gsdc23

On 8/24/2018 at 10:39 AM, Cocoa said:

He tried for a visitation visa 3 times and was denied 3 times. All 3 times of his applying we were together. They asked him why did you apply all these times and not do the visa? He said they starting fussing at him about it. 

Sounds about right. Fussing just to fuss. My fiancé has applied twice - once about 4 years ago before we meet and once while we were together (been together 3 years).  Denied both times. 

Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 10:28 AM, Cocoa said:

He said they kept his original birth certificate and the copy. Is that normal? 

Congrats on your approval my fiancee had her interview on thursday the 23 of august, she was also approved and they also kept her birth certificate from the national archives. Im happy i saw your message because i was also wondering if thats normal 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Juliette2784 said:

So what did he say? Sorry for all my questions lol I’m so excited you really made me feel so much better and I’m so happy for you I love to see people from our country get to be together and in love it’s beautiful and a true blessing 

loll no problem at all for the questions. I completely understand. I just love being connected with people that can relate to my situation. My family don't understand absolutely nothing about the process so it's good talking to people that speak the same language. My family is super excited about him coming. They have grown to love him.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, gsdc23 said:

Congratulations!!!!! I wonder why it was so empty? Anyways that’s great news! I’m so happy for the both of you! I love hearing about approvals. What is it that you do if you don’t mind me asking? Feel free not to answer if I’m prying lol. 

oh no no lol it's no problem at all. I'm an Accountant/Account Analyst. Nothing major. I think the consular was interested in this career. He just said that consular was like oh really? How did she get this job? Did she go to school for this? That's very good. He said that the consular's mood immediately changed. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, PortauPrince4Love said:

Sounds about right. Fussing just to fuss. My fiancé has applied twice - once about 4 years ago before we meet and once while we were together (been together 3 years).  Denied both times. 

Exactly. Fussing for no reason at all! He said that we he first walked in there was a girl that was asking for passport photos and other documents. He said he handed her the 6 passport photos as requested in packet 3. He said the girl got an attitude and said "we only need 2!!!." But he said he just ignored it. Which I think is the best thing to do. But yes he got denied 3 times.  1 of times he went to the embassy and applied the next day after he got denied. He said they asked him why did you do that? I myself told him I don't think that was a good idea but he was like his friend told him that's how he got approved smh. I just followed him because I didn't really know much about  how it all worked. Anyway I thank God that everything worked out regardless. Nothing but God. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, PortauPrince4Love said:

10 hours ago, P&L1047 said:

Congrats on your approval my fiancee had her interview on thursday the 23 of august, she was also approved and they also kept her birth certificate from the national archives. Im happy i saw your message because i was also wondering if thats normal 

Oh good good wonderful news. Thanks be to God on your approval. Congratulations! He said they kept the other guy's birth certificate too so that made me feel better. Also another guy that he knows that went to the interview a couple of months ago said they kept his too and gave it back to him. I feel even better with your message. Woot woot still so excited I know you are too. Will she come immediately after she get her passport? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Cocoa said:

Oh good good wonderful news. Thanks be to God on your approval. Congratulations! He said they kept the other guy's birth certificate too so that made me feel better. Also another guy that he knows that went to the interview a couple of months ago said they kept his too and gave it back to him. I feel even better with your message. Woot woot still so excited I know you are too. Will she come immediately after she get her passport? 

Thank you, im actually in haiti with her right now and have a return flight for the 14th of september but if she gets the visa sooner than later maybe i would change my ticket if its not to much money, and what about your fiance will he fly out right away.

1 minute ago, P&L1047 said:

Thank you, im actually in haiti with her right now and have a return flight for the 14th of september but if she gets the visa sooner than later maybe i would change my ticket if its not to much money, and what about your fiance will he fly out right away.

Oh wow you're in Haiti? You leave on the 14th? When did you get there? That's a lot of time off.   I wanted to be there for his interview but I was told I would not be allowed in so... Anyway.. Yes he will definitely fly out right away. Right now he's just saying his final goodbyes until his passport comes back. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.