IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys, i am NOW STARTING the process and i am confused about the interview my fiancé is supposed to go too, is it required i attend as well? Or he can go himself? Also as for the I-134 support.... does he need the original docs or copies and what all need to be brought with the I-134? Thank you in advance for the help!

Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 9:03 PM, NessaFP said:

Yes they had the original . You can bring more photos recent ones , chats emails and etc . For my dual interview he did not want to take anything from me ( when the embassy requested the the Petioner be present for another interview with beneficiary ) .

Does everyone have a dual interview?? Or? Because i always thought he would be the one to go to the interview only. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Does everyone have a dual interview?? Or? Because i always thought he would be the one to go to the interview only. 

I had a dual but that’s after the 1st interview my fiancé went alon . And they sent a 22g requested I the Petioner come with my fiancé 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NessaFP said:

I had a dual but that’s after the 1st interview my fiancé went alon . And they sent a 22g requested I the Petioner come with my fiancé 

Ohhh okay thank you...  also what type of evidence did you send along with your 129F? Because i have pictures && airplane tickets... i want to send screenshots of our what’s app conversations but idk if that’ll be enough to send. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Ohhh okay thank you...  also what type of evidence did you send along with your 129F? Because i have pictures && airplane tickets... i want to send screenshots of our what’s app conversations but idk if that’ll be enough to send. 

You can export your what’s app conversations and have your fiancé  print them  . Good luck . I’m still waiting waiting on an answer . 

Timeline
16 hours ago, NessaFP said:

You can export your what’s app conversations and have your fiancé  print them  . Good luck . I’m still waiting waiting on an answer . 

Thank you ! Good luck as well. 

Timeline

I have a question... with this process, does your credit have to be pulled for any reason at all? Does credit score play a big factor in this whole process? Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

I have a question... with this process, does your credit have to be pulled for any reason at all? Does credit score play a big factor in this whole process? Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks 

As far as I know, no. The only financial thing I had to provide so far was form 134. & on the instructions, they tell you what evidence to provide.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ann227Blue said:

As far as I know, no. The only financial thing I had to provide so far was form 134. & on the instructions, they tell you what evidence to provide.

Thank you. Also, does my fiancé need to get a police certification of some sort? What does that entail? Like a background check?

Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 12:14 AM, Sej said:

Try to contact the embassy to get a straight and a more reliable answer, it will probably help future applicants a lot. 

Hello, did anyone get the answer for this? Whether it is required or not? 

Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 6:00 PM, gsdc23 said:

Yay! Glad to hear things are moving along for you. Our case just got approved and I’m sooo excited waiting for NOA2 in the mail & trying to figure out what to do next? Lol I’m going to read back on this thread to see what next steps are. 

Feel free to provide any tips, do’s, & donts. Also can anyone tell me what the updated visa fee is at Sogexpress? I’m hearing $265-$365. Can anyone give me an accurate price plz? 

I am in the process of sending my I-129F in the mail! So i am also following this thread for step by step instructions! Good luck! 

14 minutes ago, Ann227Blue said:

No your credit score is not a factor but you do need an I-134 Affidavit of support to show that you make over the poverty level but more important that your consenting to support for ten years so that the beneficiary does not become a public charge. For example if I give an affidavit of support and say the relationship does not work and I end the relationship and the person I signed for has to go on social services I would be responsible to pay back and assistance they provide for the person for ten years so that’s why we show that other than that all the rest of the proof comes at the time you go for the green card . I myself used an immigration attorney to handle our case

16 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Thank you. Also, does my fiancé need to get a police certification of some sort? What does that entail? Like a background check?

In Haiti he needs to have the NOA 2 to get the police certificate once your case is at the NVC phase then you can check the status and at that time send him the noa2 and he can go to get his police certificate that will take 15-20 days and if he lived anywhere else for more than 6 months in the last two years he will need one for that country as well for example my fiancé lived in DR for some time so he got one from DR and will get one from Haiti 🇭🇹 good luck to you if you have anymore questions on how my lawyer put our packet together just inbox me and I’ll answer you when I can. 

Have a wonderful day

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Heres the list of steps you need until your NOA2

1. Submit the I-29f with supporting documents such as

Proof of Relationship

Pictures

Proof of visits ( Hotel & Flight itinerary's)

Proof of passport stamps

2. Wait for NOA2 takes about 6-7 months to get a response so hang in tight. 

3. Once approved fill out the DS-160, you can fill it out for him or have him fill it out, remember if you fill it out for him do not submit it, once you get to the last page click on save and have him go in and submit it once you receive the NVC case number. Its critical that its submitted from Haiti from what I hear they track IP address and your Geolocation.  

4. Next thing is to send him a copy of the approval letter and have him get the police report, heard the wait time for it is around 15-30 Days and they require a copy of the visa approval. 

5. upon receiving the case number from the NVC which took 12 Business days submit the DS160

6. NVC to ready is trending to take approximately 14-20 days and approximately 3-7 Business days to reach Haiti. (I was told by an NVC rep that they send the files electronically now a days so it actually takes 1 business day to be received but the update on the site is often delayed)

7. Once it says In transit or ready feel free to pay the Visa fee ($265) in Haitian Money only they will not accept U.S currency, you won't be able to schedule the appointment until the following morning at 9am. When you login to the website to schedule the interview it will say you have an receipt on file or something within that term just click on it and it will bring you to the scheduling page. 

8. Once you schedule the interview make plans to do the medical 2 weeks prior to the interview. As it can not be more than 2 weeks old. Medical is $260 

For the interview he will need

1. 6 passport pictures 

2. The I-134 along with either your W2's or a work verification letter from your HR stating your yearly income and employment status

3. Medical

4. Birth certificate

5. Police Report

6. Any updated information such as WhatsApp chat logs/ pictures from recent trips/ hotel, flight information and etc. 

7. Any divorce paperwork if theirs any

8. Passport

9. Copy of the DS160, Appointment letter, NOA2 approval letter. 

***  They will most likely question him about your employment history, how long you been employed there, your job title and your job descriptions***

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything. I have included a copy of Packet 3 to this response as well. Also I recommend you a sending a email to the Haiti consulate to receive your packet 3 via email once your case status is set to Ready at the NVC

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline
21 minutes ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

Heres the list of steps you need until your NOA2

1. Submit the I-29f with supporting documents such as

Proof of Relationship

Pictures

Proof of visits ( Hotel & Flight itinerary's)

Proof of passport stamps

2. Wait for NOA2 takes about 6-7 months to get a response so hang in tight. 

3. Once approved fill out the DS-160, you can fill it out for him or have him fill it out, remember if you fill it out for him do not submit it, once you get to the last page click on save and have him go in and submit it once you receive the NVC case number. Its critical that its submitted from Haiti from what I hear they track IP address and your Geolocation.  

4. Next thing is to send him a copy of the approval letter and have him get the police report, heard the wait time for it is around 15-30 Days and they require a copy of the visa approval. 

5. upon receiving the case number from the NVC which took 12 Business days submit the DS160

6. NVC to ready is trending to take approximately 14-20 days and approximately 3-7 Business days to reach Haiti. (I was told by an NVC rep that they send the files electronically now a days so it actually takes 1 business day to be received but the update on the site is often delayed)

7. Once it says In transit or ready feel free to pay the Visa fee ($265) in Haitian Money only they will not accept U.S currency, you won't be able to schedule the appointment until the following morning at 9am. When you login to the website to schedule the interview it will say you have an receipt on file or something within that term just click on it and it will bring you to the scheduling page. 

8. Once you schedule the interview make plans to do the medical 2 weeks prior to the interview. As it can not be more than 2 weeks old. Medical is $260 

For the interview he will need

1. 6 passport pictures 

2. The I-134 along with either your W2's or a work verification letter from your HR stating your yearly income and employment status

3. Medical

4. Birth certificate

5. Police Report

6. Any updated information such as WhatsApp chat logs/ pictures from recent trips/ hotel, flight information and etc. 

7. Any divorce paperwork if theirs any

8. Passport

9. Copy of the DS160, Appointment letter, NOA2 approval letter. 

***  They will most likely question him about your employment history, how long you been employed there, your job title and your job descriptions***

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything. I have included a copy of Packet 3 to this response as well. Also I recommend you a sending a email to the Haiti consulate to receive your packet 3 via email once your case status is set to Ready at the NVC

Here's the Packet 3 file 

Packet Fiance K1 K2-2014 DS-160 & GSS - 2016 - French.doc

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.