IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ann227Blue said:

Guys, quick question for anyone who's had the interview already:

During your interview, did they have the original I-129F packet you had prepared initially?

I am currently putting together the proof of our relationship likes pics & whatsapp chats, but I had already sent most of that with the I-129F packet.

Yes they had the original . You can bring more photos recent ones , chats emails and etc . For my dual interview he did not want to take anything from me ( when the embassy requested the the Petioner be present for another interview with beneficiary ) .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

@PortauPrince4Love of course you can DM me! 

I, too, am ready for my fiancé to leave all this behind him. I mean, we love our country, but it’s just too much with this whole process.

Edited by gsdc23

On 7/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, gsdc23 said:

Does anyone know what’s considered too early to obtain a police certificate? My fiancé is heading to Port au prince today and he’s coming from St Michele de L’ attalaye and for those of you who are familiar with the villes, it’s a bit of a distance. Therefore, I wanted him to just get that out of the way now as well. We’re still waiting on NOA2, but I’m 193 days in waiting for a response, which is basically a little over 6 months. 

4 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

Does anyone know what’s considered too early to obtain a police certificate? My fiancé is heading to Port au prince today and he’s coming from St Michele de L’ attalaye and for those of you who are familiar with the villes, it’s a bit of a distance. Therefore, I wanted him to just get that out of the way now as well. We’re still waiting on NOA2, but I’m 193 days in waiting for a response, which is basically a little over 6 months. 

My fiancé is in Dominican Republic and he has to travel to Haiti to renew his visa for DR but he is going to stay more than likely since we are so close did you guys get your packet 3 sent through DHL or did everyone just have packet three emailed and in that event does that stop it from being mailed via DHL ????

Also the noa 2 I send the copy to him right ? I hear now you need the noa2 to obtain the police certificate it’s crazy because he got his police certificate from DR in less than one week and he didn’t need anything but ID and that’s not even his country but I see Haiti has changed things a bit but that’s okay just want to know if I send the noa2 for that??

Edited by Juliette2784

7 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

I am not sure what the time period is for the police certificate and how long it is valid for. If it doesn't cost too much, I would have him do it now (I've heard it takes a while to get it anyways) just to get it out of the way while you guys wait for the NOA2.

8 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

My fiancé is in Dominican Republic and he has to travel to Haiti to renew his visa for DR but he is going to stay more than likely since we are so close did you guys get your packet 3 sent through DHL or did everyone just have packet three emailed and in that event does that stop it from being mailed via DHL ????

Also the noa 2 I send the copy to him right ? I hear now you need the noa2 to obtain the police certificate it’s crazy because he got his police certificate from DR in less than one week and he didn’t need anything but ID and that’s not even his country but I see Haiti has changed things a bit but that’s okay just want to know if I send the noa2 for that??

Yes, he needs a copy of the NOA2 when he goes in for the background check. 

Just now, Juliette2784 said:

So did they send packet 3 to your fiancé or did you just have it emailed?

He wants to leave DR to be in Haiti and get everything ready but I’m scared they will send something to DR and hold us up so I was curious if we requested packet three be emailed if that would be okay or will they still mail it?

5 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

So did they send packet 3 to your fiancé or did you just have it emailed?

I emailed support-Haiti@ustraveldocs.com to request for Packet 3 to be sent to me directly. I included the following info in the email:

Case Number
DS 160 Confirmation Number (attached the email confirmation)
Invoice ID
Interview Date (attached the email confirmation)
Fiance's name and birthday
Included a screenshot from the NVC site that said "READY"
Included my name and birthday
Edited by PortauPrince4Love

1 minute ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

I emailed support-Haiti@ustraveldocs.com to request for Packet 3 to be sent to me directly. I included the following info in the email:

Case Number
DS 160 Confirmation Number (attached the email confirmation)
Invoice ID
Interview Date (attached the email confirmation)
Fiance's name and birthday
Included a screenshot from the NVC site that said "READY"
Included my name and birthday

So they never sent it to your fiancé you think if he goes to Haiti and I request it we will be okay because we were scared that they would send it to DR and if he is not there it would cause a problem but two of our close friends been through the process and said that they never got nothing sent DHL so I was just curious 

Yes, you can get it by email and not worry about needing to get anything physical. My fiance's interview is August 27 - it might come by mail but I'm not banking on it. Plus, we have what we need in the digital version of packet 3 to do medical, police, and applicants need to bring 6 passport photos to the interview now (no longer 4).

Edited by PortauPrince4Love

1 minute ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

Yes, you can get it by email and not worry about needing to get anything physical. My fiance's interview is August 27 - it might come by mail but I'm not banking on it. Plus, we have what we need in the digital version of packet 4 to do medical, police, and applicants need to bring 6 passport photos to the interview now (no longer 4).

Oh thank you that’s good to know fiancés was just saying when’s he gets to Haiti he wants to get new passport photos and I didn’t think he would need more but thank you so much wow you guys are close the praying for blessings in Jesus name for your interview 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.