IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

OK, we are ready to submit the DS160. My fiance is submitting it in PAP today. But, I have a few questions. 

Once we submit, we should print out the confirmation page with the barcode? Then, do we take the confirmation to Sogexpress to pay for the visa? And, then what happens? Do you pay for the interview at the same time? Can someone help me with the steps here?

9 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

OK, we are ready to submit the DS160. My fiance is submitting it in PAP today. But, I have a few questions. 

Once we submit, we should print out the confirmation page with the barcode? Then, do we take the confirmation to Sogexpress to pay for the visa? And, then what happens? Do you pay for the interview at the same time? Can someone help me with the steps here?

Yes, you print out the sheet with the barcode and go to a sogexpress to pay the fee (in whatever the gourdes conversion that the sheet tells you is - it is an outrageous exchange rate). The fee equivalent to ~265USD is for the visa application/visa/interview. No further fees payable to the US govt until change of status application (still got to pay for documents and medical and what have you). 

With the sogexpress receipt number you can log in to ustraveldocs and schedule the appointment. 

7 minutes ago, ieb said:

Yes, you print out the sheet with the barcode and go to a sogexpress to pay the fee (in whatever the gourdes conversion that the sheet tells you is - it is an outrageous exchange rate). The fee equivalent to ~265USD is for the visa application/visa/interview. No further fees payable to the US govt until change of status application (still got to pay for documents and medical and what have you). 

With the sogexpress receipt number you can log in to ustraveldocs and schedule the appointment. 

THANK YOU. I really appreciate the quick response. One follow-up. When my fiance pays the $265, he'll get the right information to be able go online and schedule the interview. (We have a USTravelDocs profile already - I just made it for him). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi  everyone . My fiancé went to his interview in March and was on administrative processing . They then sent him a 22g in May they wanted both of us there . I went to the dual interview . Which was a bad experience for me the guy interviewing us was so unprofessional  his tone . But fine he said we would get a response in 2 weeks well it’s past that ! Has any one gone through the same situation ??? And they also called him on the phone in Haiti and asked a question . 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, ieb said:

I have a question as I am not familiar with the process for Haiti and from time to time I meet folks here on VJ that would like to know the process. For Haiti all you need to schedule your interview is DS-160 and the fee.... no other documents required?

There is a portal for Haiti, and other country's, that helps folks navigate this process. Your portal for Haiti hasn't been updated in over a year. If there is anyone here that can review the information and update, I am sure those who come after will really appreciate the help. BTW thanks for creating this thread, it's helpful. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, IssaCaptureFL said:

Random quick question is i-134 Affidatif support needed for the interview? USCIS advised me I didn't have to submit it with my application but im not sure if they will ask my fiancé for it when it boils down to the interview. 

Each Embassy is different but it's a good idea that you create the I-134 and have the supporting documents with you in the event they ask. This is what normally is asked for if indeed they require your financials.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I have a question as I am not familiar with the process for Haiti and from time to time I meet folks here on VJ that would like to know the process. For Haiti all you need to schedule your interview is DS-160 and the fee.... no other documents required?

There is a portal for Haiti, and other country's, that helps folks navigate this process. Your portal for Haiti hasn't been updated in over a year. If there is anyone here that can review the information and update, I am sure those who come after will really appreciate the help. BTW thanks for creating this thread, it's helpful. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince

I’m sure we can get it done as a collective effort. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline
11 hours ago, NessaFP said:

Hi  everyone . My fiancé went to his interview in March and was on administrative processing . They then sent him a 22g in May they wanted both of us there . I went to the dual interview . Which was a bad experience for me the guy interviewing us was so unprofessional  his tone . But fine he said we would get a response in 2 weeks well it’s past that ! Has any one gone through the same situation ??? And they also called him on the phone in Haiti and asked a question . 

6 minutes ago, NessaFP said:

Nessa - this sounds dreadful. We haven't gotten to the interview stage and I certainly hope to not run into such a situation. I hope that you get a positive resolution soon. Have you tried calling to follow up? The menu is frustrating but eventually you can get through to a person. 

12 hours ago, NessaFP said:

Hi  everyone . My fiancé went to his interview in March and was on administrative processing . They then sent him a 221(g) in May they wanted both of us there . I went to the dual interview. Which was a bad experience for me the guy interviewing us was so unprofessional  in his tone . But fine he said we would get a response in 2 weeks well it’s past that ! Has any one gone through the same situation ??? And they also called him on the phone in Haiti and asked a question . 

You'll rarely find someone who shares your same experience. What I can say is that I understand how you feel. Your trying to get through this process and every step of the way something pops up that slows you done. With this CO he has an attitude. When someone like that has something you want, in your case the visa, they have the final say. They can make it easy or they can put it on the bottom stack of their work and control you by dragging this out. Arguing or getting perturbed with someone like that gets you nowhere. There is an old saying he who has the gold makes the rules.

Now one of you need to get on the phone to the Embassy and try and get an answer. Be pleasant and your inquiry will go much smoother. I know you can do this. Let us know how you are progressing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You'll rarely find someone who shares your same experience. What I can say is that I understand how you feel. Your trying to get through this process and every step of the way something pops up that slows you done. With this CO he has an attitude. When someone like that has something you want, in your case the visa, they have the final say. They can make it easy or they can put it on the bottom stack of their work and control you by dragging this out. Arguing or getting perturbed with someone like that gets you nowhere. There is an old saying he who has the gold makes the rules.

Now one of you need to get on the phone to the Embassy and try and get an answer. Be pleasant and your inquiry will go much smoother. I know you can do this. Let us know how you are progressing.

Thank you . And yes , I just ignored the attitude and answered the questions . And we call but still no answer . So just waiting really . Thank you .

Timeline
12 hours ago, ieb said:

Nessa - this sounds dreadful. We haven't gotten to the interview stage and I certainly hope to not run into such a situation. I hope that you get a positive resolution soon. Have you tried calling to follow up? The menu is frustrating but eventually you can get through to a person. 

Yes I called several times . Same result be patient , wait and someone will contact  your fiancé ( in Haiti ) . At the end of our interview he said we would get a response in two weeks . We are past that . It’s like I’m at edge of seat !!! Let me know  .. I was hoping I could get some one who went through this . I haven’t found anyone yet . 

16 hours ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

I’m sure we can get it done as a collective effort. 

Thanks for updating the portal. Now for those who come after you it will be up to date. Good luck on your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.