IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Kt Foj said:

Hey guys! We got our NOA2 last August and the embassy finally just contacted us saying they received our petition from NVC. I have a couple of questions...

1. Is the petitioner allowed to pay the fee at Sogexpress without the Beneficiary present? My fiancé can't make it to a Sogexpress right now due to gang violence but I am going to Haiti in a couple weeks.

2. How long is it taking to get the medical exam results back? We are using Dr. Jacqueline Gautier as our physician.

Thank you!!

I think They should let you pay it as long as you have his passport and payment slip. Give it a try.. but it's not that violent in Haiti right now. 

It took us 2 days to get the result with Dr SAINT Phards

On 6/2/2019 at 8:08 AM, Kt Foj said:

Hey guys! We got our NOA2 last August and the embassy finally just contacted us saying they received our petition from NVC. I have a couple of questions...

1. Is the petitioner allowed to pay the fee at Sogexpress without the Beneficiary present? My fiancé can't make it to a Sogexpress right now due to gang violence but I am going to Haiti in a couple weeks.

2. How long is it taking to get the medical exam results back? We are using Dr. Jacqueline Gautier as our physician.

Thank you!!

Last time I checked the embassy is still telling Americans to stay away from Haiti. I don't know the answers to your quesitons, but keep a definite check of your surrounding at all times.

Edited by CDLAdriver

On 5/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, Love4 said:

Yea, I asked for my case to be transferred to the DR but I doubt the embassy over there is gonna accept it. 

Do you trust the Dominicans working there to treat your case fairly if they ever come across it? I'm not attacking Dominicans with this reply but I know the issues going on between Dominicans and Haitians, etc. I know the actual consulate would be from America, but I'm sure just like in Port au Prince with Haitians working there that Santo Domingo's embassy has Dominicans working there also. Just wondering your thoughts on all this...

On 6/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, Anna J1920 said:

I think They should let you pay it as long as you have his passport and payment slip. Give it a try.. but it's not that violent in Haiti right now. 

It took us 2 days to get the result with Dr SAINT Phards

Thanks everyone for sharing all these great information here. I’m new and I’ve learned a lot from you guys. 

My case has left NVC about 2 weeks ago. It’s ready in Haiti. I paid the visa fee last week. I emailed them yesterday for packet 3. I get most of my papers ready. 

Since I can’t make the appointment, does anyone knows about how long I have to wait to get the appointment date from the embassy? What else should I do while I wait? Anyone else just did or doing this process?

That was all going in my head, which is the main reason that i do not even think they're gonna accept the case. But if a miracle falls upon me, I pray that it will be accepted and he be granted a visa because I sent a lot of proof. But thats a 1% chance of dr taking the case so im not even bothering getting my hopes up. Its been almost two weeks and they havent responded yet so I do not know. 

Just now, Love4 said:

That was all going in my head, which is the main reason that i do not even think they're gonna accept the case. But if a miracle falls upon me, I pray that it will be accepted and he be granted a visa because I sent a lot of proof. But thats a 1% chance of dr taking the case so im not even bothering getting my hopes up. Its been almost two weeks and they havent responded yet so I do not know. 

18 hours ago, CDLAdriver said:

Do you trust the Dominicans working there to treat your case fairly if they ever come across it? I'm not attacking Dominicans with this reply but I know the issues going on between Dominicans and Haitians, etc. I know the actual consulate would be from America, but I'm sure just like in Port au Prince with Haitians working there that Santo Domingo's embassy has Dominicans working there also. Just wondering your thoughts on all this...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 hours ago, Love4 said:

To anyone that is spousal visa, I recently spoke with the nvc and they said the embassy is only processing k1-visas at the moment and they havent told them when they will do spousal visa but right now that section is suspended. So to anyone who is spousal. Good luck. We might be waiting forever.

Which embassy is this for is it for all

On 6/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Yvaldy said:

Thanks everyone for sharing all these great information here. I’m new and I’ve learned a lot from you guys. 

My case has left NVC about 2 weeks ago. It’s ready in Haiti. I paid the visa fee last week. I emailed them yesterday for packet 3. I get most of my papers ready. 

Since I can’t make the appointment, does anyone knows about how long I have to wait to get the appointment date from the embassy? What else should I do while I wait? Anyone else just did or doing this process?

How is your NVC case ready and you don't have an interview date yet? I was told that it only shows ready when an interview date is available.

22 hours ago, Love4 said:

To anyone that is spousal visa, I recently spoke with the nvc and they said the embassy is only processing k1-visas at the moment and they havent told them when they will do spousal visa but right now that section is suspended. So to anyone who is spousal. Good luck. We might be waiting forever.

Wow... that's not right. We are the ones who are ACTUALLY MARRIED AND HAVE A LIFE TOGETHER AT THE MOMENT!

On 6/4/2019 at 3:33 PM, Love4 said:

So how did you request to have Santo Domingo handle your case? Did you have to fill out a form?

4 minutes ago, CDLAdriver said:

Wow... that's not right. We are the ones who are ACTUALLY MARRIED AND HAVE A LIFE TOGETHER AT THE MOMENT!

Exactly and I had spoken to a supervisor and sge said that k-1 visas are expedited visas and those have a timeframe on them. And she said that not all the workers are back, so they don't know when spousal visa dates will be given.

4 minutes ago, CDLAdriver said:

So how did you request to have Santo Domingo handle your case? Did you have to fill out a form?

They said I could call them or email them. I had spoken to the us travel docs representative and she sent the request but I am also gonna send a personal email. But another way is if you can show nvc that the beneficiary has ties to that country then it can be changed. 

3 hours ago, Love4 said:

Exactly and I had spoken to a supervisor and sge said that k-1 visas are expedited visas and those have a timeframe on them. And she said that not all the workers are back, so they don't know when spousal visa dates will be given.

K-1 aren't really expidated. They should be doing 50% K-1 and 50% CR1/IR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.