IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Godschild! said:

It's a mess. I don't what to think anymore.  All we can do is waittttttt and see. And pray. When my case was at nvc stage it took 3months to get an interview.  So hang in there, but nowww that tye embassy is back up who knows the knew time estimate. Smhh

So, do you think they embassy is about 2 or 3 months backlogged? I know they were closed for a while but I have no idea how long they were closed.

1 hour ago, Godschild! said:

It's a mess. I don't what to think anymore.  All we can do is waittttttt and see. And pray. When my case was at nvc stage it took 3months to get an interview.  So hang in there, but nowww that tye embassy is back up who knows the knew time estimate. Smhh

Since your R1, when was your case complete? Thats crazy. Just keep bombarding them with emails. I got case complete January 28th n am still waiting so the embassy is really backlogged

1 hour ago, Love4 said:

Since your R1, when was your case complete? Thats crazy. Just keep bombarding them with emails. I got case complete January 28th n am still waiting so the embassy is really backlogged

My case was completed since  mid -November 2018. Receive Interview date mid march. But it got cancelled due to the riot that was going on in February.  And been depress ever since.still waiting  for another Interview.

6 minutes ago, Godschild! said:

My case was completed since  mid -November 2018. Receive Interview date mid march. But it got cancelled due to the riot that was going on in February.  And been depress ever since.still waiting  for another Interview.

Wow, i am so sorry to hear that. I would say tell your husband to go to the embassy and see if they can help him out since they claim they are open now. Girl i feel you, this process is mentally draining. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, CDLAdriver said:

Yes. IR1 though. I've felt like crossing the border from the DR into Haiti and going straight to the embassy myself to see what is going on.

That’s what some people did back in March when their interview got canceled.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:00 PM, Godschild! said:

NVC completed our case around the beginning of January, and we are waiting still. I pray Haiti is stable in Jesus name so we all can be together with our spouses/fiances (whichever applies to each individual case)!

On 5/27/2019 at 8:26 PM, 100%pozitiF#love said:

That’s what some people did back in March when their interview got canceled.

Did they get any answers? Or they were just turned away?

On 5/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, Love4 said:

Wow, i am so sorry to hear that. I would say tell your husband to go to the embassy and see if they can help him out since they claim they are open now. Girl i feel you, this process is mentally draining. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been to the embassy in Haiti before. You need to make sure that you talk to one of the Americans there because the Haitians at the front desk or the gate tell you things that sometimes aren't true. You need to stand your ground and make sure that you are told the real deal. We went there before we applied to get information and actually talked to an American in one of the interview rooms; the people there seemed really nice including the Marine that was on post working there. What can they do, though, if we go there now? Can they force an interview?

NVC told me the paperwork isn't forwarded to the embassy until the interview date is available. Is this true? I don't really trust all information NVC gives me because I have been told conflicting information in the past. Someone told me that the NVC hires out for certain positions so maybe some personnel working there do not know everything that they need to know.

7 hours ago, CDLAdriver said:

I've been to the embassy in Haiti before. You need to make sure that you talk to one of the Americans there because the Haitians at the front desk or the gate tell you things that sometimes aren't true. You need to stand your ground and make sure that you are told the real deal. We went there before we applied to get information and actually talked to an American in one of the interview rooms; the people there seemed really nice including the Marine that was on post working there. What can they do, though, if we go there now? Can they force an interview?

NVC told me the paperwork isn't forwarded to the embassy until the interview date is available. Is this true? I don't really trust all information NVC gives me because I have been told conflicting information in the past. Someone told me that the NVC hires out for certain positions so maybe some personnel working there do not know everything that they need to know.

Yea, alot of the people working st the nvc do not know everything. Because everytime I called to see if the embassy in Haiti was giving interview dates, I always got a different answer. 

Hey guys! We got our NOA2 last August and the embassy finally just contacted us saying they received our petition from NVC. I have a couple of questions...

1. Is the petitioner allowed to pay the fee at Sogexpress without the Beneficiary present? My fiancé can't make it to a Sogexpress right now due to gang violence but I am going to Haiti in a couple weeks.

2. How long is it taking to get the medical exam results back? We are using Dr. Jacqueline Gautier as our physician.

Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.