billybob1962

oops. We got married while waiting for K1 interview

87 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Illiria said:

That’s nice for those men but are women allowed to do it as well? She is married twice not him

There have been woman get approved at USEM where they couldn't get a CENOMAR (stating they are single) since they got married.  But they were able to a divorce decree and show it to the CO and get approved even though it states they are married on the CENOMAR.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She does not have a divorce decree.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

There have been woman get approved at USEM where they couldn't get a CENOMAR (stating they are single) since they got married.  But they were able to a divorce decree and show it to the CO and get approved even though it states they are married on the CENOMAR.

Yes we know that but that isn’t the case here and wasn’t even before the op married her 😄 

8 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I am legally married to two woman in the Philippines.

But do you have a divorce cert issued from another country?

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, billybob1962 said:

Okay I know we made a mistake. Almost in a romantic gesture we got married while waiting for our K1 interview and now my Filipino wife's Cenomar says married to 'me'.

For a somewhat under-developed country they sure are fast with their PSA statistics.

The Visa was not denied, rather we were given one year to show her PSA Cenomar as 'single'. 

QUESTION: is there time to get an annulment and a new Cenomar showing ' ' single' ?

That is the crucial question. We have one year and I understand that there are new more liberal annulment laws?

Does anyone know if the Cenomar will then show married at one time to me but now annulled ? Or will it simply say 'SINGLE' again.

In other words, is the Cenomar a record of all her marriages and then annulments or will it become pure again and simply say 'single' . Because that's what we need. Thank you very much in advance for any responses.

JimmyDummy

Huh?  Get annulment?  :wacko:       Give up on the K-1 .. that train has left the station.   .. you have screwed the pooch for that.     Annulment isn't  the direction to go either at this time. 

Simple file the I-130 petition with USCIS for a spouse visa, as was suggested already by others.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

You can divorce her in USA you must be the petitioner for it to be recognized in Philippines.

If she is petitioner then they won't recognize it in Phlippines.

:no:     the divorce would be valid for the visa process no matter who filed.  What is or isn't recognized in the Philippines would have ZERO bearing on the U.S. visa process with a valid divorce decree.    But the smarter move at this point is kiss the K-1 good-bye and move on with a spousal visa.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Huh?  Get annulment?  :wacko:       Give up on the K-1 .. that train has left the station.   .. you have screwed the pooch for that.     Annulment is the direction to go at this time. 

Simple file the I-130 petition with USCIS for a spouse visa, as was suggested already by others.

How many?

Is there a discount for 2?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Huh?  Get annulment?  :wacko:       Give up on the K-1 .. that train has left the station.   .. you have screwed the pooch for that.     Annulment is the direction to go at this time. 

What about DCF?  SInce they are married and he could stay there, Wouldn't they be able to do that and be quick?

Timeline
54 minutes ago, billybob1962 said:

Youre right. I think filing for the spousal Visa would be easier. But we can't do that while this K1 Petition is still open...is that correct ?

Remember the K1 was not denied. We were simply given one year to complete the documents requirements.

Is there a way for us to close the K1 petition without being penalized, in order for us to then start the correct spousal petition?

Thank you

Write a letter to the embassy/USCIS requesting to cancel the K-1 I-129F petition.   There is no penalty for cancelling the petition.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 minutes ago, Illiria said:

But do you have a divorce cert issued from another country?

Yes,  from USA but there is ROM on the first wife and since I had her to file I would show up as husband in the Philippines records at NSO.

I did this since I had some property in Philippines and wanted some type of claim to it.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

How many?

Is there a discount for 2?

Yes I know what you are saying .. I got dizzy trying to follow his various topics ... two marriages .. not two marriages... single .. not single.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

What about DCF?  SInce they are married and he could stay there, Wouldn't they be able to do that and be quick?

Yes he could complete a Direct Consulate Filing, the process takes maybe 60 days .. BUT .. he must be living in the Philippines for 6 months before being allowed to file a DCF

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Yes,  from USA but there is ROM on the first wife and since I had her to file I would show up as husband in the Philippines records at NSO.

I did this since I had some property in Philippines and wanted some type of claim to it.

What you are planning, for her to die before you?  That is the only way a foreign spouse can have title to property in the Philippines.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.