Lorn

2 weeks pregnant and K1 visa medical and interview is on the next month

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lorn said:

Thank you I mean my ultrasound is 2 weeks and 4 days.

Thank you so much for your help.

I was worried about this medical thing that would affect my visa.

I hope everything will be smooth.

As a nurse who worked in OB, you can't see anything on an ultrasound until 5-6 weeks pregnant, how does yours say 2 weeks 

15 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

As a nurse who worked in OB, you can't see anything on an ultrasound until 5-6 weeks pregnant, how does yours say 2 weeks 

Not all countries count pregnancy from date of conception, some count from first missed period.   So... she would be 5 weekish from conception.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My friend is a radiologist at an MRI center here in Vegas. Does more X-rays in a day than I would want to count. I called him to ask about the danger to your baby just because I was curious. This is what he told me off his chart. your chest x-ray is 0.1mSv, this is how they measure radiation dosages. the other part is how many days it takes in normal life living and walking outside in the sun etc. So the one x-ray is equal to only 10 days of normal radiation exposure. He says it is one of if not the lowest level of radiation you can be exposed to. A cat scan hits you with about 2 years worth of normal exposure, where the worst is the high intensity IV Drip supported full body scan that will expose you to about 10 YEARS of normal radiation exposure. Of course anyone getting that x-ray he says isn't going to be around in the next 2-3 years anyway so it really doesn't matter. But the chest x-ray you will be getting for the TB check is the lowest possible, and he says they use they apron as a precaution, he says it's used to help calm down the people paranoid about nuking their baby, and rightly so, but it is such a low dose, I would say do not worry, he does them all the time. If your worried, just stay inside for 10 days straight and you can reset your radiation exposure. Just kidding, but it really is safe. He said there is the same chart all over the internet if you google it.

Radiography-Chest 0.1 mSv 10 days
Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Not all countries count pregnancy from date of conception, some count from first missed period.   So... she would be 5 weekish from conception.

Maybe i should go to other OB with regards to that. For better and clearer result

Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

My friend is a radiologist at an MRI center here in Vegas. Does more X-rays in a day than I would want to count. I called him to ask about the danger to your baby just because I was curious. This is what he told me off his chart. your chest x-ray is 0.1mSv, this is how they measure radiation dosages. the other part is how many days it takes in normal life living and walking outside in the sun etc. So the one x-ray is equal to only 10 days of normal radiation exposure. He says it is one of if not the lowest level of radiation you can be exposed to. A cat scan hits you with about 2 years worth of normal exposure, where the worst is the high intensity IV Drip supported full body scan that will expose you to about 10 YEARS of normal radiation exposure. Of course anyone getting that x-ray he says isn't going to be around in the next 2-3 years anyway so it really doesn't matter. But the chest x-ray you will be getting for the TB check is the lowest possible, and he says they use they apron as a precaution, he says it's used to help calm down the people paranoid about nuking their baby, and rightly so, but it is such a low dose, I would say do not worry, he does them all the time. If your worried, just stay inside for 10 days straight and you can reset your radiation exposure. Just kidding, but it really is safe. He said there is the same chart all over the internet if you google it.

Radiography-Chest 0.1 mSv 10 days

Oh thankyou so much! I really appreciate you calling your friend asking about this matter! Now i feel relieved... 

9 hours ago, Lorn said:

I see because I read one thread that his fiancee has problems in St Lukes cause the doctors will not conduct x Ray. 

St. Lukes main intention is to collect revenue.  They disguise it under immigration

It is a very small building that does immigration screening exams for several countries.  USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

You pay USA prices.  If you went to a another doctor exam area in Philippines one would pay about 4 times less.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

If you went to a another doctor exam area in Philippines one would pay about 4 times less.

Not sure how your post is relevant to the original question but anyway.

OP the fact that elsewhere is cheaper is irrelevant as st Luke’s is the only one you can use for the visa medical. 

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

11 minutes ago, Illiria said:

Not sure how your post is relevant to the original question but anyway.

OP the fact that elsewhere is cheaper is irrelevant as st Luke’s is the only one you can use for the visa medical. 

It irrelevant unless you are the one paying for the charges, and then it is very relevant..........

Freedom of choice, and you only have one choice for the entire country to use, Can you say Monopoly....

Edited by Chris Duffy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lorn said:

Maybe i should go to other OB with regards to that. For better and clearer result

Yes because you are definitely not 2 weeks. At 2 weeks there's barely enough pregnancy hormones in the body to get a positive test. You would definitely not be doing an ultrasound at this point as there's nothing to see. 

51 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Yes because you are definitely not 2 weeks. At 2 weeks there's barely enough pregnancy hormones in the body to get a positive test. You would definitely not be doing an ultrasound at this point as there's nothing to see. 

They must mean two weeks past when her period was due otherwise as you say why do an ultrasound as there would be nothing to see, six weeks is early as well as you don’t always see a heartbeat. I only had mine then as I was ivf and they wanted to make sure it wasn’t ectopic. 

OP for your own piece of mind, so that when you get to the us you can report the gestation accurately to the American doctor, and so that when you speak to the embassy I would recommend you clarify with your doctor what they meant by 2weeks4days pregnant. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

10 hours ago, Lorn said:

Did you go to doctor with a medical degree or to "Kulam"

I broke my foot there in 2011, I went to a Hilot to cure my injury.  Of course it didn't work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

Bingo!!!  As a former L&D RN, I thought the exact same thing.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, missileman said:

Bingo!!!  As a former L&D RN, I thought the exact same thing.......

Oh no... i quoted on my post the result of ultrasound. Which i stand corrected that it is infact 5 weeks.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Did you go to doctor with a medical degree or to "Kulam"

I broke my foot there in 2011, I went to a Hilot to cure my injury.  Of course it didn't work.

Hahah sorry to hear that. It’s a doctor.. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Illiria said:

They must mean two weeks past when her period was due otherwise as you say why do an ultrasound as there would be nothing to see, six weeks is early as well as you don’t always see a heartbeat. I only had mine then as I was ivf and they wanted to make sure it wasn’t ectopic. 

OP for your own piece of mind, so that when you get to the us you can report the gestation accurately to the American doctor, and so that when you speak to the embassy I would recommend you clarify with your doctor what they meant by 2weeks4days pregnant. 

That was the result of ultrasound pic which i quoted. 

B2268207-14E5-4E7E-9092-8D8165B1CEF1.jpeg

Edited by Lorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.