anyname12

b2 denied

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, caliliving said:

Why is that horrible? He is a usc...this is perfectly legal and people have done it before to visit especially for a long period of time.and then handed it over.

Imo this is her only shot of visiting America so if u have the funds I say go for it!

It's a horrible idea because they don't plan on living on the US hence they don't need a green card. Like I said. Easiest route would be for the American family to come visit you since it's that important. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andrea&Henry said:

Is important for you to know that:

1- Regardless of she being married to an USC, that doesn’t mean she will get any immigration advantage to get a tourist visa

2- Immigration is a benefit NOT a right for USC. You are allow to request your spouse, children and parents but in many cases, even these type of petitions get denied, especially spouse visas. Because is NOT a right. If the USCIS determines the person you are married with is not fit to immigrate, it will be denied. 

3-She comes from a 3rd world country and our countries (I come from one myself) have the highest denial rates. 

4- Regardless of being married to you, she is being subject to the same rules as ANY other tourist, being married to you doesn’t give her any special treatment/advantage/benefits among other tourists. And to be quite honest, she doesn’t seem to have strong ties with her homecountry. I totally believe you that she just want to visit, but according to the evidence you share, it looks like she has no strong ties. Plus many of the evidence might hurted your case more than help.

With all respect, and as a general comment, is quite interesting as many US citizens have the  misconception that immigration benefits are rights. I’ve seen this quite too many times. These are not rights, are privileges and or benefits.

I wouldn’t take it personal

thanks for setting me strait. im glad you find my thoughts interesting. 🙄

Edited by anyname12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Roel said:

It's a horrible idea because they don't plan on living on the US hence they don't need a green card. Like I said. Easiest route would be for the American family to come visit you since it's that important. 

I Don’t know anyone who has done it so I cannot say much but l also agree it doesn’t sound like the best idea either. Something I learned in this 7 years I’ve been involved with the USCIS is that there is nothing they hate the most (besides fraud) than people missusing the different immigration tools and routes they offer. Tourist visa is for visiting and also use for medical purposes...not for living, working or studying. 

Hence, a greencard is meant for people who actually wants to live and resides in the States. I mean, there must be people who went through the process of genuinely wanting to live ln the States, but they didn’t like it/ adapt or something else happened and had to go back and hand their greencard without repercussions but in this case, they will see the multiple attempts to get a tourist visa. 

I don’t know, it doesn’t look like a good idea

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
17 minutes ago, anyname12 said:

thanks for setting me strait. im glad you find my thoughts interesting. 🙄

Well, you are here because you are trying to understand why your wife keeps getting denied despite you being a hero to our country (A honestly thank You for your service and I mean it) and after your ancestors came in the MayFlower. 

After sharing and ranting all your disappointment about our government and its rules, it seems obvious to me an anyone here that you didn’t know that you being an US citizen doesn’t give your wife any preferencial status. And that you didn’t know immigration benefits are not rights.

You come here looking for answers, and we are here giving it to you...I’m sorry if is not what you wanted to here. But giving me attitude about something is true, won’t fix your case. 

good luck

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, anyname12 said:

hello,

i am a US citizen who would like to have my wife and youngest son visit my US citizen family. We have been married for 6 years and denied twice for a tourist visa. We meet all criteria under the CFR regulations. My wife has no desire to leave remaining children and grandbabies. This process and denials have really shaken my belief in my govt. i served in the US army, worked as a US merchant officer and my family heritage can be traced to the beginnings of the USA . 

my question is, what makes the policy towards USC's right if the statistics on visa overstay and illegal imigration show otherwise? 

Jakarta's tough. 

The IV section's really good to work with, NIV is positive that every Indonesian citizen is flocking in line to fly in and build a village.  They laughed at us when I tried to get a B visa for my wife.  Just the way it is. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Andrea&Henry said:

Well, you are here because you are trying to understand why your wife keeps getting denied despite you being a hero to our country (A honestly thank You for your service and I mean it) and after your ancestors came in the MayFlower. 

After sharing and ranting all your disappointment about our government and its rules, it seems obvious to me an anyone here that you didn’t know that you being an US citizen doesn’t give your wife any preferencial status. And that you didn’t know immigration benefits are not rights.

You come here looking for answers, and we are here giving it to you...I’m sorry if is not what you wanted to here. But giving me attitude about something is true, won’t fix your case. 

good luck

i was with you until you found it so interesting how an American citizen thinks he should be allowed to live and work in his own country with the family he has as a right. That seemed condescending to me. 

i understand what to do. I am capable of dealing with this. 

my original post adressed the issue of policy. If the current thought is that every is equal in this, what proof is there that it is effective. perhaps citizens should be granted this as a right. it cant be worse than the current way of doing things. i guess thats my rant

Welles, Alden ,Sexton

Timeline
10 hours ago, Roel said:

Horrible idea. I think the embassy people aren't stupid and will see that she only used her green card as a "tourist visa" and mighy easily deny her future visas. Why would you recommend someone to ruin their immigration history? Not to mention husband would have to go through the domicile thing. 

My wife turned in a green card and got another one later.  They don't care how many times you apply as long as you do it legally.

I concur with the recommendation to get an immigrant visa.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Jakarta's tough. 

The IV section's really good to work with, NIV is positive that every Indonesian citizen is flocking in line to fly in and build a village.  They laughed at us when I tried to get a B visa for my wife.  Just the way it is. 

sorry to hear that. they laughed at my wife too the first time. my wife called me on messenger while i was 60 miles off shore in a hurricane (Gustov)watching over a govt facility. that was a slap. i turned in my licence 6 months later. all you can do is press on though. 

My Husband's ancestors arrived on the Mayflower as well. Edward Doty, a signer of the Mayflower Compact, (aka spelled as Doten, Dotey, Dolton, Dowty) departed on the Mayflower September 6th 1620.  My Husband is a  serviceman twice over, in the USMC in 1969, and the Army in the 70's.  He also spent years as a government contractor designing missile guidance systems. Did any of that work in my favor when we applied? Not one bit. None of that fine history had anything to do with me, and who I am. And that's the way it is.

Having a USC as a spouse isn't a right to any visa at all. Of any sort. The applicant has to stand on their own merits to obtain a b2.  Unless her situation has changed the outcome will remain the same.

The other thing you should work to understand is a great deal of what you post is quite sentimental by nature.  USCIS does not take any of that into consideration. They simply do not care. They are unmoved by fishing trips down memory lane, as an example. If your wife cannot satisfy USCIS that she has no immigrant intent, difficult to do in your situation, there will e no B2 issued. 

Perhaps you need to work out a way for your Wife to meet your Mother in some other way. Meet in a third country, have her come to you. 

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

Your mother can meet her by flying where your wife resides or to any other country. It has been done a thousand times. The US is not the only place in the world where they can meet.

You may think whatever you want, but the CO had an intent to protect the law rather than take it the way you feel about all this. It's their job.

i know they are just doing their job. the look on my wife's and 12 yr olds face hit my like a bolt of lightning. a real ####### moment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, anyname12 said:

i know they are just doing their job. the look on my wife's and 12 yr olds face hit my like a bolt of lightning. a real ####### moment

I get that.  It would have made you feel quite helpless in doing anything at that moment for your family.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
2 minutes ago, anyname12 said:

Your mom might like a few easy days over in Ubud.  Be a good experience. 

You can get them immigrant visas.  Whoever said that is illegal up there is wrong, she'll get a green card and she can either use it or not.  When she surrenders it to the same embassy I am pretty sure the next B visa won't be denied.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, anyname12 said:

i was with you until you found it so interesting how an American citizen thinks he should be allowed to live and work in his own country with the family he has as a right. That seemed condescending to me. 

i understand what to do. I am capable of dealing with this. 

my original post adressed the issue of policy. If the current thought is that every is equal in this, what proof is there that it is effective. perhaps citizens should be granted this as a right. it cant be worse than the current way of doing things. i guess thats my rant

Welles, Alden ,Sexton

Well, if you read I opened my comment with “with all respect” because my intention is not to sound condescending, because be condescending is assuming the other person is stupid, and I don’t this about you or anyone else in this forum. We are adults and capable of handling information without insulting others. With this being said: being condescending is not part of who I’m let alone allow in this community.

I voiced my opinion because is my years of being a member of this community (7 years to be exact) I’ve seen cases like yours, of people who thinks that immigration benefits are rights. And to be quite honest is easy to believe that. Don’t blame you or anyone who thinks that because it seems to be obvious. But are not rights, and there seems to be a lack of information about that, mostly because US born citizens don’t have to deal with the USCIS until they really have too, just like your case.

And I also think, they should have tell you in the embassy through the letter they handed your wife as it gives lights on the real reasons why her case doesn’t go through. As other states, she being married to you, hurt her case more than help.

I sincerely hope you can get a happy outcome of your wife’s current situation  

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Your mom might like a few easy days over in Ubud.  Be a good experience. 

You can get them immigrant visas.  Whoever said that is illegal up there is wrong, she'll get a green card and she can either use it or not.  When she surrenders it to the same embassy I am pretty sure the next B visa won't be denied.

I don’t know if you mentioned It or not if you did my apologies, is the 12 years old...your child?

if that’s the case, he should be able to get an US passport through you. 

A co worker of mine went to Italy to visit her family, and she was 6 months pregnant.  A month into her visit she developed preeclampsia and had to deliver her child prematurely. After 6 months of nicu, recovery etx, her husband registered the child’s birth and the baby received an US passport.

it may not be the best solution but at least you can travel with your child if your mom cant

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
48 minutes ago, anyname12 said:

perhaps citizens should be granted this as a right

Stop thinking you can change the system. You can't. Immigration is a privelege, nobody guaranteed that your relative will be allowed to enter the US. Read your country's laws, you must do so as a USC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.