Sherlock23

CEAC Status Ready for Interview IR2

6 posts in this topic

*(IR2 Visa application)

Our expedite request was approved and we were notified that our documents will be sent to from NVC to the US Embassy in Manila. All documents have been sent and fees has been paid at the NVC stage. Earlier today, our status changed to "READY".

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions."

I am under the impression that we will be scheduling our own interview schedule. Is it okay to go ahead and create a profile to schedule our appointment or do I need to wait for an eligibility letter from the embassy?

Thanks for the reply. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sherlock23 said:

*(IR2 Visa application)

Our expedite request was approved and we were notified that our documents will be sent to from NVC to the US Embassy in Manila. All documents have been sent and fees has been paid at the NVC stage. Earlier today, our status changed to "READY".

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions."

I am under the impression that we will be scheduling our own interview schedule. Is it okay to go ahead and create a profile to schedule our appointment or do I need to wait for an eligibility letter from the embassy?

Thanks for the reply. 

NVC normally will schedule your interview date.  But YES you can schedule your own interview day if your case file is already at USEM.   Embassy asks that you call.       

If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.
While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."
Scheduling the Interview:
By Calling (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.
Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

** STAGGERED APPOINTMENT SYSTEM **

In the embassy's continuing efforts to ensure the highest level of customer service, the Immigrant Visa unit has implemented a new appointment system designed to minimize applicant wait time.

Immigrant Visa interviews will be scheduled at 6:45 am, 7:30 am, 8:15 am and 9:00 am. Embassy personnel will facilitate entry of immigrant visa applicants 15 minutes prior to their respective interview time slot.
All applicants who arrive earlier than 15 minutes before their interview time will be asked to wait outside the Embassy premises.

You will still need to create your profile and make sure your delivery address is current.  

DO MAKE SURE YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS IS CORRECT 
You have only 24 hrs after your interview to update this information.

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

More information here:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

NVC normally will schedule your interview date.  But YES you can schedule your own interview day if your case file is already at USEM.   Embassy asks that you call.       

If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.
While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."
Scheduling the Interview:
By Calling (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.
Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

** STAGGERED APPOINTMENT SYSTEM **

In the embassy's continuing efforts to ensure the highest level of customer service, the Immigrant Visa unit has implemented a new appointment system designed to minimize applicant wait time.

Immigrant Visa interviews will be scheduled at 6:45 am, 7:30 am, 8:15 am and 9:00 am. Embassy personnel will facilitate entry of immigrant visa applicants 15 minutes prior to their respective interview time slot.
All applicants who arrive earlier than 15 minutes before their interview time will be asked to wait outside the Embassy premises.

You will still need to create your profile and make sure your delivery address is current.  

DO MAKE SURE YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS IS CORRECT 
You have only 24 hrs after your interview to update this information.

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

Thanks a lot for the detailed info! 

NVC does not schedule your interview if you are expedite. You are on your own to schedule. Either do it on-line or by calling the embassy hotline number. If you waited and not paid your fees before expedite was approved, it could have saved you $120 as you don't have to pay the affidavit of support fee if the I-864 is reviewed by the embassy. In order to make an appointment on-line, go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.  

In order to make an appointment by telephone, call Manila embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center.

Manila Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center hotlines are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm Philippine Standard Time.

In order to call from within the Philippines, use one of these numbers including (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501, or (632) 976-8502.

In addition, petitioners or agents calling from the United States can also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time (EST) equivalent of operation hours.

• 2 months later...

Thanks all for the detailed info. I am on the same page. Just this morning my status was changed from “in transit” to “ready”. What should I do? I am still very confused. I am petitioning my 2 kids. How can I make an appoinment for them at the same time.. thanks much

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jayar26 said:

Thanks all for the detailed info. I am on the same page. Just this morning my status was changed from “in transit” to “ready”. What should I do? I am still very confused. I am petitioning my 2 kids. How can I make an appoinment for them at the same time.. thanks much

You are an expedite ?    There is a link to scheduling about half way down the page, you will call the embassy, they will schedule both for the same time.        

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.