KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Guys I have a question,I’m living with my parents,I’ve been unemployed for over a year but I’m studying for a better job but my father is my joint sponsor ,what form shoul we fill out,form i-864 or I-864a???? Help please ,if some of you can advise me which form is the correct!

Hey guys on theNVC stage I completed step 1, selecting an agent in which I put my self the petitioner. 

I have a question for step 2 paying the AOS fee should I really wait 3 weeks before paying that fee as it stated in step 1 to wait 3 weeks after to do step 2? Or can I just go ahead and log in and pay fee completing step 2?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gods-faith said:

Hey guys on theNVC stage I completed step 1, selecting an agent in which I put my self the petitioner. 

I have a question for step 2 paying the AOS fee should I really wait 3 weeks before paying that fee as it stated in step 1 to wait 3 weeks after to do step 2? Or can I just go ahead and log in and pay fee completing step 2?

U can go ahead and pays the fees,I paid both at the same time,after 3 days I was ready to submit everything they asked for,right now I’m just waiting for the police report and submit affidavit of support and I’m done..!!

1 minute ago, Andy josue said:

U can go ahead and pays the fees,I paid both at the same time,after 3 days I was ready to submit everything they asked for,right now I’m just waiting for the police report and submit affidavit of support and I’m done..!!

Okay, thank you very much for your helpful response. And good luck to you with your submission of your package!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, L&mama said:

I recieved my case and invoice number on October 11 via phone call.  I urge anyone waiting for case number to call NVC continuously until they give it to you. 

Well, that's what I did.  I started calling around 2 weeks after USCIS sent off my case.  

Electronic processing.

NOA 1 February 13th

Case approved August 23rd

Case was sent to NVC on September 10th

Case recieved by NVC September 18th

Case and invoice number via phone October 11th ( in 3 weeks and 2 days)

Paid AOS and IV  fees October 11th

Still haven't got an email from NVC though!

Good luck!

What did you say exactly to have them give it to you? I’ve called and they say it’s almkst ready.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, lovemybrit said:

What did you say exactly to have them give it to you? I’ve called and they say it’s almkst ready.

They told me that too and that they don't have a case number for me yet.

I don't know what happen but on Wednesday night October 10th I called and press option 5 like I always do. 

But, this time around I got a very nice lady. She took information about the case like names and date of birth. 

She asked how may I help you tonight and I politely respond that I was calling to find out if a case number has assigned to my case yet. She then explained to me that when the cases reach NVC they go through a process and that my case is in final stage  before assigning the case number.  She said that my case is just waiting for a supervisor to look over it and make sure everything is right. I then asked her how long it's going to take and she assured me that it won't be long because it just need a supervisor to look over.  She then said that I should keep an eye out on my email.

On the night of October 11 I called again and was given my case number.

After getting the case number, I felt that the person who I spoke with on October 10 was a supervisor.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
2 hours ago, L&mama said:

They told me that too and that they don't have a case number for me yet.

I don't know what happen but on Wednesday night October 10th I called and press option 5 like I always do. 

But, this time around I got a very nice lady. She took information about the case like names and date of birth. 

She asked how may I help you tonight and I politely respond that I was calling to find out if a case number has assigned to my case yet. She then explained to me that when the cases reach NVC they go through a process and that my case is in final stage  before assigning the case number.  She said that my case is just waiting for a supervisor to look over it and make sure everything is right. I then asked her how long it's going to take and she assured me that it won't be long because it just need a supervisor to look over.  She then said that I should keep an eye out on my email.

On the night of October 11 I called again and was given my case number.

After getting the case number, I felt that the person who I spoke with on October 10 was a supervisor.

Good luck!

Which number did you contact to reach NVC? :) 

Hey guys, on the NVC welcome letter I received I have a case number and only one Invoice number. Do I have to used that very same invoice number to pay the IV fee too after paying the AOS fee with it first? Or I just pay the AOS fee with that one invoice number that’s on the welcome letter and then wait till NVC send me another Invoice number to pay the IV fee? 

Thank you all so much for your responses in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We paid both fees ( IV & AOS) with the same invoice number ! I don’t think nvc will send us another invoice number ! Correct me if I am wrong

2 minutes ago, CappuccinoMo said:

We paid both fees ( IV & AOS) with the same invoice number ! I don’t think nvc will send us another invoice number ! Correct me if I am wrong

The reason why I am so skeptical about paying both fees with same invoice is because on the nvc welcome letter for each steps it tells you to wait for so much weeks before moving on to the other step. After I complete the choice of agent, step 1 it tells me to allow up to two weeks then nvc will send me the invoice number to pay the fees. That’s the part I am confused about. I already have an invoice that’s on the welcome letter what invoice are they taking about?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

The reason why I am so skeptical about paying both fees with same invoice is because on the nvc welcome letter for each steps it tells you to wait for so much weeks before moving on to the other step. After I complete the choice of agent, step 1 it tells me to allow up to two weeks then nvc will send me the invoice number to pay the fees. That’s the part I am confused about. I already have an invoice that’s on the welcome letter what invoice are they taking about?

Well, we had our case and invoice number by calling NVC, the lady said they sent us a welcome letter but we didn’t find any email or letter from them, so we just logged in and paid both fees! The website ceac.state.gov shows that our next step is to submit DS260 and then upload all documents online

Timeline
5 hours ago, D & T said:

Guys I was approved on October 6th. You think it would worth to already call NVC and check if they already have a case number or is it too early?

It’s too early ,u have receive an update from uscis saying your case was sent to DOS,after that u can call NVC once a week to find out if they have received ur case!

Timeline

Well I had to wait 2 weeks to get my police report  but finally I submitted everything today, the thing is that I don’t know what’s next..guys once I submitted what they asked for ,They have to review all the documents correct ?? I have no idea!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.