KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a question: On the affidavit of support, it says its optional to enter the income. Should you enter it or you can leave it without entering?

On 10/4/2018 at 1:51 AM, mbdm said:

I am in the same situation, PD 2/12. I called and was told the same.

When I said that people from Febraury are already getting approvals, the answer was that it is not true and they are lying!

Not only it is frustrating, it is absolutely crazy!

Do not believe what the Tier I reps say on the phone.  They are just repeating the information from the website.  You can try to get to a Tier II rep but since they are quoting 9 to 12.5 months they may not respond.  I went through the same thing with our K-1 (June 2017 filer).  The information from USCIS is poor at best.  Until they date of the site passes your PD they won't even look into it.  Once that date does pass (hopefully you are approved before that) the best info comes from an Ombudsman Inquiry.  This part really sucks and I'm in my second time around (CR-1 September 2018 filer).  Potomac has so little information since they just started using that service center for CR-1s.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, db2016 said:

hi all, currently filling out the affidavit of support and i have a question. if I am currently unemployed but my last 3 tax returns were way above the poverty line, do i need a sponsor?

Most likely yes.  They are more concerned about current and future earnings as they are trying to protect the government from being hit with foreigners who need government assistance.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, CappuccinoMo said:

Thank you! my husband is trying but the lines are busy 🙄

we will try everyday !

I always call them at 730pm  Pacific time and they answer in five mins. Try it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I just called the NVC and they told me my case has been sent to the CEAC and it has not been fully converted. Has anyone else been told the same thing? For reference my case was sent to the NVC on September 13th but they received it on the 19th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hey everyone! So, PD Feb 6th, approval date Oct 2nd and on Oct 6th we got the NOA2 in the mail. However, there was no update on any of the websites until today and so far my case was only updated on the old website. 

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting. Can't be too much longer now!! 🌞

Edited by afk

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello. Pd 2/6/18 Nebraska filer i130 approved on 10/2/18. Sent to NVC 10/9/18. Received hard copy in mail on 10/6/18. No update to new website. Update on old website today. Hang in there

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone! A little update. USCIS approved our I-130 petition August 28th. I called NVC on September 19 and they told me they see my file coming in and that they officially 'received information on it' on September 17, but that it could be up to 8 weeks before they receive all of it (kind of weird). On September 28, my wife flew to the US at O'Hare. She was detained for over 3 hours by Customs and Border Control. They made her promise not to overstay and work in the United States but finally released her so we are together now until December 2. Today we received an email from NVC with our new case number and log-in information. Woohoo!

Edited by Brittany95

3 minutes ago, Brittany95 said:

Hi everyone! A little update. USCIS approved our I-130 petition August 28th. I called NVC on September 19 and they told me they see my file coming in and that they officially 'received information on it' on September 17, but that it could be up to 8 weeks before they receive all of it (kind of weird). On September 28, my wife flew to the US at O'Hare. She was detained for over 3 hours by Customs and Border Control. They made her promise not to overstay and work in the United States but finally released her so we are together now until December 2. Today we received an email from NVC with our new case number and log-in information. Woohoo!

Sorry to hear all the hustle your wife went through on her visit to you. And congrats on getting this far. My case was approved on August 24th NVC received it on October 4th still waiting for case number. Base on your time frame it looks like it takes about 3 and half weeks for NVC to provide a case number. 

I called them too on October 5th and that’s when I was told they got my case the day before and that can take up to 8 weeks to get the case number and so forth.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Boachie said:

Hello. Pd 2/6/18 Nebraska filer i130 approved on 10/2/18. Sent to NVC 10/9/18. Received hard copy in mail on 10/6/18. No update to new website. Update on old website today. Hang in there

it's so good to see someone from Ghana getting their approval!! Congrats👏

Timeline
3 hours ago, Brittany95 said:

congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
17 hours ago, nickymicky said:

once case reached NVC how long it takes to get a case number?

They received my case on September 17th and I got my NVC case number via email on October 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.