KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Do you always receive an email / status change to sent to NVC on USCIS website for this stage in the process? 

Or sometimes will it just say approved indefinitely?

Timeline

Still nothing yet from Potomac. My PD says 2/20 on the old site and 2/23 on the new site. The letter I received says the PD is 2/20. Should I call or just continue to wait. I have been trying hard to wait but I miss my husband.

Edited by BrendaD

21 minutes ago, BrendaD said:

Still nothing yet from Potomac. My PD says 2/20 on the old site and 2/23 on the new site. The letter I received says the PD is 2/20. Should I call or just continue to wait. I have been trying hard to wait but I miss my husband.

I am also with Potomac, PD 2/12, and nothing.

Calling did not change much in my case. I was told that it is perfectly normal!

Good luck to you anyway.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, mbdm said:

I am also with Potomac, PD 2/12, and nothing.

Calling did not change much in my case. I was told that it is perfectly normal!

Good luck to you anyway.

Thank you for your response. I hope you get your approval soon. Still not sure why there is a difference in the PD. Not sure which date to go by. Did your dates change too?

22 minutes ago, BrendaD said:

Thank you for your response. I hope you get your approval soon. Still not sure why there is a difference in the PD. Not sure which date to go by. Did your dates change too?

Yes. PD 2/12 on old website and NOA 1. PD 2/17 on new website. 

Who knows? 😒

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi can you please tell me how long after your approval did USCIS take to send over your case to NVC

My case was approved since august 24, 18 and my case was still not sent to NVC. I called NVC 3x already. Going to call again next week.

thank you very much and congrats on getting this far. 

Haha... I am still waiting for an approval 😉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi guys the old website shown that my case was finally sent to the Department Of States on September 27. How long will it take for NVC to finally receive my case? 

Thanks.

Finally yay,u should call NVC by the end of next week,mine took 6 days ,Call Thursday or Friday ..!!

On 9/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, Wish4 said:

hey, don't worry.. mine case was approved on may 22, 2018 and they transferred it to NVC on June 06, 2018 and we received letter from NVC on august 03, 2018.. so that's normal processing time. 

You were right! We received the notification that our case has been forwarded to Department of State today!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, GingerDino said:

You were right! We received the notification that our case has been forwarded to Department of State today!

That's great .. Hope you'll receive your NVC letter soon

8 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi guys the old website shown that my case was finally sent to the Department Of States on September 27. How long will it take for NVC to finally receive my case? 

Thanks.

Two to four weeks, from what I read.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, afk said:

Haha... I am still waiting for an approval 😉

Same here. It's getting really nerve wreaking 😔

Maybe we'll get approved by Christmas. But knowing our luck it won't get sent any time soon after that to nvc and then they'll take there whole 8 weeks to assign a case number.... I hate burocracy 😑

9 hours ago, HarryWL said:

Do you always receive an email / status change to sent to NVC on USCIS website for this stage in the process? 

Or sometimes will it just say approved indefinitely?

In our case, we always receive an email stating “we have taken an action in your case” or something similar. Correct me if I’m wrong. I was under the impression that once your case has been received by NVC, there is a NVC site to track using the NVC case number we receive?

5 hours ago, mbdm said:

Yes. PD 2/12 on old website and NOA 1. PD 2/17 on new website. 

Who knows? 😒

Hi just to share my pd on old website is 2/12 same as NoA1 but new website showed PD 2/16. However new website showed my case approved but not old website . Strange but I guess it depends on which site the person is making the entry and when. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.