KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Is USCIS to NVC delivery still upto 6 weeks?

CASE NUMBER assignment up to 8 weeks?

Do not assume NVC have received your petition until they assign a case number.

(even if they say they have received it within the 6 week deadline, they seem to change their mind, if they're busy).

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, THE J'S said:

Do not assume NVC have received your petition until they assign a case number.

(even if they say they have received it within the 6 week deadline, they seem to change their mind, if they're busy).

I sent them an email like suggested on the backside of the NOA2 to make sure they received our case. It took them a couple days to respond but I have the receive date in written now. 

8 hours ago, Lillyandkip said:

What is your status on the USCIS website? Does it say that it was sent out yet? A couple years back when we went through the K1 progress it took over 5 weeks after approval for NVC to receive our case and other people’s cases were transferred within a week. 

If it’s been over 6 weeks since your approval you can email NVC a copy of your NOA2 and they will contact USCIS on your behalf and find out for you what going on! 

F82B43AC-6686-42C3-85DB-0CE24BE0D089.jpeg

Hi the status on the uscis website just stated that my petition has been approved. And thank you very much for this response and helpful information you provided. In case anything I will surly take such action. I will give NVC a week more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Erlenfee said:

Hey guys,

did any of the early februray filers at NSC hear back by now? I'm PD 02/09/18 and start to wonder because the timeline on VJ has passed by now for me. :(

Nope. Nothing yet. My PD is 02/06/18 and my VJ timeline currently says "between Sept 27th and Oct 1st" so your approval should be around the same time as mine which should be very soon! 

Viel Glück! Ist dein Mann in den USA? Denn alle, die von D aus filen dürfen, sind meistens innerhalb von 3 Monaten fertig! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, afk said:

Viel Glück! Ist dein Mann in den USA? Denn alle, die von D aus filen dürfen, sind meistens innerhalb von 3 Monaten fertig! 

So viele Deutschsprachige hier! Weiß jemand, ob NVC den interview Termin in Frankfurt macht oder ob man das selber machen kann? Damals bei unserem K1 hieß es immer, der Termin würde vorgegeben sein, aber letztendlich konnte ich ihn online doch selbst buchen. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 4:22 AM, Nill said:

Hi everyone,

our case was approved on August 30, and it was sent to the Department Of State on Sep 10. we have called them on Monday to asked if they received our case or not and it wasn't received yet. I wanted to know will they notify us by email when they receive the case? Also is there anyone  here with the close approval date who NVC received their case?

Hi, my case was sent to the Department of State on September 10th as well.  I called on Monday. September 17th and they didn't receive it.  I just got off the phone with NVC and it is currently with NVC.  The lady I spoke with said the received it on September 18th.

Please call NVC and select option 5.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, afk said:

Nope. Nothing yet. My PD is 02/06/18 and my VJ timeline currently says "between Sept 27th and Oct 1st" so your approval should be around the same time as mine which should be very soon! 

We'll then let's hope it's true this time. I can't wait anymore not knowing if we get approved or not.

Ja er ist in den USA. Ich besuche ihn momentan. Aber nachdem er im Militär ist ist er ständig weg was die Sache nicht einfacher macht 🙈

Ich wünsche dir ebenfalls viel Glück und wenn das mit den 3 Monaten echt stimmt wäre es ja genial. Dann ist es absehbar.

1 hour ago, Lillyandkip said:

So viele Deutschsprachige hier! Weiß jemand, ob NVC den interview Termin in Frankfurt macht oder ob man das selber machen kann? Damals bei unserem K1 hieß es immer, der Termin würde vorgegeben sein, aber letztendlich konnte ich ihn online doch selbst buchen. 

Keine Ahnung. Ich dachte wir bekommen einen vom Konsulat zugeteilt. Kann aber gut sein dass man das inzwischen selber buchen kann.

1 hour ago, L&mama said:

Hi, my case was sent to the Department of State on September 10th as well.  I called on Monday. September 17th and they didn't receive it.  I just got off the phone with NVC and it is currently with NVC.  The lady I spoke with said the received it on September 18th.

Please call NVC and select option 5.  

Did you know USCIS had send it to NVC because it got updated on case tracker?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Erlenfee said:

We'll then let's hope it's true this time. I can't wait anymore not knowing if we get approved or not.

Ja er ist in den USA. Ich besuche ihn momentan. Aber nachdem er im Militär ist ist er ständig weg was die Sache nicht einfacher macht 🙈

Ich wünsche dir ebenfalls viel Glück und wenn das mit den 3 Monaten echt stimmt wäre es ja genial. Dann ist es absehbar.

Keine Ahnung. Ich dachte wir bekommen einen vom Konsulat zugeteilt. Kann aber gut sein dass man das inzwischen selber buchen kann.

Ah, dann genieße die Zeit mit ihm 🌞

Was ich so höre bzw lese, kann man sich den Interview-Termin in Frankfurt aussuchen. 

1 hour ago, Carline said:

Our case has FINALLY been approved!!! 

Service Center- Nebraska

NOA 1- February 5, 2018

RFE mail notice- Sept 4

RFE sent- Sept 5

NOA 2- Sept 18!!!

I have updated my timeline.

My husband is Nigerian.

Now on to waiting for the NVC to receive it! Takes about 10-14 days right?

Congrats!! 😄

7 hours ago, afk said:

Check the old website. I'm middle of Feb and got approved on Monday, it doesnt show on the new website. Only does in the old one. Yeah and I'm from NSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wonderman said:

Check the old website. I'm middle of Feb and got approved on Monday, it doesnt show on the new website. Only does in the old one. Yeah and I'm from NSC

I frequently check both, old and new website. Several times a day, as well as the mailbox. No news though :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.