KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2018 at 7:20 AM, Silver12 said:

Dear Visajourney followers!!!!!

Sharing this wonderful news with you as we have all been together in this journey, We just got an email this morning to say there has been an update on our case. I very nervously logged into the new website and saw that it said we have now approved your case and has been dated as of yesterday 21st August.... so happy.

Update PD :21st Feb

NOA2 : 21st Aug

Service centre: TSC

VJ estimate : 17th August - 24th August

I hope that the rest of you guys get your approvals soon... its really worth the wait! Good luck to all

Best

Silv

Congratulations. I know the feeling of waiting and then getting the approval. 

1 hour ago, otobots said:

My case is been approved.. yay.... 

Filed with Potomac Center. 

Supposedly it was approved on August 17th, but only got a text message yesterday..

We approved your case

Read the notice we mailed you for more information

God speed everyone !!!!!

Congratulations 😁

21 minutes ago, Msjeffs said:

Congratulations. I know the feeling of waiting and then getting the approval. 

Thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, otobots said:

Supposedly it was approved on August 17th, but only got a text message yesterday..

We approved your case

God speed everyone !!!!!

Nice! Congrats! 

Service center: Texas Service Center

Original Priority Date from NOA1: 2/14

New Priority Date from new site (my.uscis.gov): 2/19

Status online from the new site: August 20, 2018 - Case Was Approved !!!!

I haven't had a chance to check my mailbox yet so not sure if I have gotten my physical NOA2. And even thought I sent in a form for email/text notification, I never got any of those of the above Approved status change. I had to check the new site daily to see if there was new status. 

I am glad my painful wait is over...ish. Good luck all. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, otobots said:

We approved your case

God speed everyone !!!!!

congratulations, my PD is February 14th so I hope to hear back soon, God willing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, sailo888 said:

Service center: Texas Service Center

Original Priority Date from NOA1: 2/14

New Priority Date from new site (my.uscis.gov): 2/19

Status online from the new site: August 20, 2018 - Case Was Approved !!!!

I haven't had a chance to check my mailbox yet so not sure if I have gotten my physical NOA2. And even thought I sent in a form for email/text notification, I never got any of those of the above Approved status change. I had to check the new site daily to see if there was new status. 

I am glad my painful wait is over...ish. Good luck all. 

Congrats!

the form for electronic notification is only for NOA1. After you got your case number you could have signed up for an account online and enable text and email notification:) 

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question, I received an email dated 23/08/18 that my approved  I-130 has been sent Department Of State (DOS).. so just a little confused as I thought it would be sent to the National Visa Centre (NVC).. am I missing out something ? Feeling a  little nervous now :(

And many congratulation to the others who have been approved :)

Thanks for any advice and Info!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Silver12 said:

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question, I received an email dated 23/08/18 that my approved  I-130 has been sent Department Of State (DOS).. so just a little confused as I thought it would be sent to the National Visa Centre (NVC).. am I missing out something ? Feeling a  little nervous now :(

And many congratulation to the others who have been approved :)

Thanks for any advice and Info!!!

As far as I know It's the same thing :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First time posting but I read your postings everyday since I filed the petition.

When I did the I-130 application back in Feb. 2018 I wasn't working.  I got a job early June 2018 and in late June I sent in a letter with proof updating my employment history. I did not received any notification from USCIS about receiving the letter.

I made a service request to find out if they have received the letter.  Service request was completed on July 30th.  I received a letter saying " We gave recieved your service request and researched the status of you case.  We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay n processing time.  Your case is currently processing and is in line for adjudication."

On August 15th I received an email notification say that " We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time..."

NOA 1: 02/13/18

NOA 2: 08/24/18 (email notification - new website)

Texas Service Center

Petition for my mother

I'm so excited and can't wait to have mom here.  Good luck to you all, hope you get your approvals soon!!

Edited by L&mama

7 hours ago, L&mama said:

First time posting but I read your postings everyday since I filed the petition.

When I did the I-130 application back in Feb. 2018 I wasn't working.  I got a job early June 2018 and in late June I sent in a letter with proof updating my employment history. I did not received any notification from USCIS about receiving the letter.

I made a service request to find out if they have received the letter.  Service request was completed on July 30th.  I received a letter saying " We gave recieved your service request and researched the status of you case.  We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay n processing time.  Your case is currently processing and is in line for adjudication."

On August 15th I received an email notification say that " We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time..."

NOA 1: 02/13/18

NOA 2: 08/24/18 (email notification - new website)

Texas Service Center

Petition for my mother

I'm so excited and can't wait to have mom here.  Good luck to you all, hope you get your approvals soon!!

I have a question related to the subject. You mean you sent in additional documents after you submitted i130? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, umalik91 said:

I have a question related to the subject. You mean you sent in additional documents after you submitted i130? 

Yes, even though they did not ask for it.  I figured that it probably be good to let then know that I now have a job.

40 minutes ago, L&mama said:

Yes, even though they did not ask for it.  I figured that it probably be good to let then know that I now have a job.

I forgot to attach my i130a with the packet so is it possible for me to send it in and get a service request? Plz let me know if anything like that is possible so I can avoid getting an RFE 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, umalik91 said:

I forgot to attach my i130a with the packet so is it possible for me to send it in and get a service request? Plz let me know if anything like that is possible so I can avoid getting an RFE 

I'm so sorry but I have no clue on how to answer you...

Maybe other VJ members could help you out

Good luck with everything and hope you get your approval very soon!!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, umalik91 said:

Maybe you should call them and ask them how you should handle that so you don't delay the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hello friends , 

I am trying to log into new website to check my status but it gives me this error :

We're sorry, something went wrong.

The page you are looking for may not exist or is temporarily unavailable.

To help you find what you are looking for, try:

does anyone else have this problem ? I wanted to know if this is a problem for me or the website's error

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.