KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, nickymicky said:

I requested NVC to expediate my case they forwarded the request to US Embassy but Embassy  don't want to expediate. Hope that will not cause delay in getting the case  number from NVC.

How long did it take NVC to get back to you for response from embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey There 

I just called and a very nice lady told me that they received our case ! she gave me our Case and Identification Immigration numbers :) 

Yey so excited 😍 but my civil docs are not ready yet !

Good luck everyone 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, Boachie said:

How long is everyone waiting to call NVC after they receive the email from USCIS that their case was mailed to NVC?

I waited about a week and a half to call.  I think the location of your service center matters because some cases will get to the NVC faster than others.  Try to call during non peak hours I called on a Tuesday 8pm US Central Time was on hold for 40 mins...😒

Timeline
20 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi guys NVC receive my case on October 4th and today October 11th I received my Case number and invoice numbers by email. I was surprised by how fast that was, only took a week. 

I have one questions once I get the process going and have all my documents together do I have to mail the package to NVC? or does it have to be done online electronically? 

Thank you so much in advance for your responses! 

According to the NVC website the letter from the NVC should tell you which method you should use to submit the documents.

Option 1-Scan and Upload documents-use this method if the letter from the NVC says "you may being online processing"

Option 2- If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

AKD,  AMM,  BGH,  DMS,  GZO-- you would scan your documents and send all documents via email to NVC

Option 3-If option 1 or 2 don't apply then you would mail all your documents to NVC 

When should I go for the medical examination? After I submit all my documents? Or before? Will they notify me to do it?

Also, it says on the guide that I need to bring PASSPORT sized photos to the medical exam? PASSPORT or US VISA photos?

This are the photo requirements, right: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, S&J2018 said:

I waited about a week and a half to call.  I think the location of your service center matters because some cases will get to the NVC faster than others.  Try to call during non peak hours I called on a Tuesday 8pm US Central Time was on hold for 40 mins...😒

Thank you very much for the info. I called and waited 5 minutes. I called at 6pm Pacific time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 5:06 PM, Savan said:

My case got Approved today!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! FINALLY THANK GOD!

Congrats! How did you get notice? From the website? Mail? We are still waiting to hear something 😔😔

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I recieved my case and invoice number on October 11 via phone call.  I urge anyone waiting for case number to call NVC continuously until they give it to you. 

Well, that's what I did.  I started calling around 2 weeks after USCIS sent off my case.  

Electronic processing.

NOA 1 February 13th

Case approved August 23rd

Case was sent to NVC on September 10th

Case recieved by NVC September 18th

Case and invoice number via phone October 11th ( in 3 weeks and 2 days)

Paid AOS and IV  fees October 11th

Still haven't got an email from NVC though!

Good luck!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lisa83TX93 said:

Congrats! How did you get notice? From the website? Mail? We are still waiting to hear something 😔😔

Email and Website. Thank you.

Edited by Savan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.