KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Cr7gb11 said:

Thanks for the info.

That's strange. So far, I have been checking the old website and even changed my address there. Is the old site still active and in use because I wanna make sure my address change went through properly?

You should update the change of adresss on the new website, the old site is still active but not as active as the new site. However, I strongly suggest you called USCIS at +1-800-375-5283 and listen for the option to request for a change of address. I think it’s like option 4(not sure) by doing this you get to speak directly with an representative. 

5 hours ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

I called the NVC they say allow 2-6 weeks and call back.  USCIS says 60-90 days.  I got my NOA2 approval on 8/23. I guess my patience are wearing me down... besides I miss my hubby. And the waiting games continues,.

On my hard copy of NOA2 it said allow 30 days to go by before contacting NVC either through phone or email. And yes I know how you feel. The wait is the worse thing about this whole process. I miss my wife very much too. Let’s all just keep our heads up, we will get to the finish line sooner or later. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I received the notification from the old website and the new one has not been update it which is weird ,but anyways u never know, and my I-130 was approved jut like vjtimeline predicted between August 29 and September 6 .!!mine was approved today August 30...

19 hours ago, waitinggame02 said:

My PD is 02/02 at TSC but still no updates :(

It seems like PD for mid and late Feb has started but I haven't heard back anything on mine. 

Any ideas?

Mine is for Feb. 19, which is definitely later than yours, and I haven't gotten approval yet, but I've seen people with later PDs than mine get approved in the last few weeks. This site ( https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ) says that cases for permanent residents at TSC with a PD of Feb 2 are being processed, while the ones for citizens being processed have a PD of Jan. 2. I wonder if that's why? I don't know why there's a difference in processing times for citizens vs. permanent residents but it looks like there is one. 

1 minute ago, Andy josue said:

I received the notification from the old website and the new one has not been update it which is weird ,but anyways u never know, and my I-130 was approved jut like vjtimeline predicted between August 29 and September 6 .!!mine was approved today August 30...

Congrats on the approval. I was approved recently too. You should be receiving your hard copy in about 3-4 days.

I called USCIS today, August 30th and found out our case was approved August 27th!!!! It still says "your case was received in February... " but apparently it has not been updated yet. 

Our priority date was February 9th. We were sent to Potomac Service Center. 

I was so surprised but so happy!!! I hope to get NOA2 soon, I am not sure how long it takes for them to update their website and send out approval notices. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Andy josue said:

Congrats on your approval. Pls what's your PD? and did you receive any notifications by text or email too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Congrats on the approval. I was approved recently too. You should be receiving your hard copy in about 3-4 days.

Thank you ,and congrats on your approval too,I’ve been following you cause our PD its only a couple of days of difference , and let’s not forget those that are still waiting for their approval ,I think the USCIS part hurts a bit cause takes time and you need to be very patient ..!!!ill be getting the hard copy next week for sure.!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ana8a said:

I called USCIS today, August 30th and found out our case was approved August 27th!!!! It still says "your case was received in February... " but apparently it has not been updated yet. 

I was so surprised but so happy!!! I hope to get NOA2 soon, I am not sure how long it takes for them to update their website and send out approval notices. 

Congratulation :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I just checked my mail and found my case got approved. I’m so happy ryt now. Both website shows pending neither got email or text msg. Customer service center still says pending while I already got a hard copy. Don’t only believe on them check ur mail too. 

Pd- feb 05 2018

Approved Aug 20

Nebraska Service Centre

Edited by budaau

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, petitionerr said:
2 hours ago, petitionerr said:

I just checked my mail and found my case got approved. I’m so happy ryt now. Both website shows pending neither got email or text msg. Customer service center still says pending while I already got a hard copy. Don’t only believe on them check ur mail too. 

Pd- feb 05 2018

Approved Aug 20

Nebraska Service Centre

Congrats!! Mine is February 7th at Nebraska I hope to hear something soon! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if once the I-130 first part if approved before NVC can you travel to the States? I am a Canadian. But really wanting to get my life started with my husband already! 

My PD date is February 7th got a notification today they updated my husbands birthday, so I’m hoping that means they are looking at it! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Tayross said:

Does anyone know if once the I-130 first part if approved before NVC can you travel to the States? I am a Canadian. But really wanting to get my life started with my husband already! 

My PD date is February 7th got a notification today they updated my husbands birthday, so I’m hoping that means they are looking at it! 

I think you can travel at any time. Just bring enough evidence with you that you are returning to Canada. 

My husband and I filed for a K1 a couple years back and I visited him several times throughout the process, the last time was just a month before my interview date with no problems at all. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Our I-130 was approved and was sent to the Department of State on August 30th. I have been locked out of the website since I am currently visiting my husband in Ethiopia and tried to login unsuccessfully too many times and can't reset my login without calling USCIS (which is impossible to do from Ethiopia!) so I can't speak to what it says on the websites. I did get an email notification yesterday saying that our case was sent to the Department of State for visa processing. Our NOA1 was Feb. 26th and we filed with Texas service center. On to NVC processing...6 months was a long time to wait but here's to hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly and quickly for us and everyone else waiting to be reunited with their spouses. 

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Ethiopia

Marriage (if applicable):2016-07-21

I-130 Sent :2018-01-29

I-130 NOA1 :2018-02-26

I-130 Approved :2018-08-30

NVC Received :2018-09-28

Send AOS Package :2018-11-19

Send IV Package :2018-11-19

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2019-01-09

Case Completed at NVC :2018-12-28

Interview Date : 2019-02-25

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ana8a said:

Congratulations!! Please update your timeline 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.