3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with USCIS

Old NOA1 2/12/18

New NOA1 2/15/18

The officer was very nice but the only information he had was that as of 5 days ago an officer has our petition and that we are still within the 5-7 month time frame but we are getting close and as of right now they are still working on Jan 30th.

Ugh I was hoping for an approval but hey I still think its good news!

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just called and the tier 1 officer told me her computer was running very slow and it would take a few minutes to pull up my case. I told her before she goes through all that trouble i was going to request to be transferred to a tier 2 anyways and she told me that could not transfer me because the call volume is too high and I could also not leave the voicemail. She said I would have to call back at 8 am tomorrow to speak someone higher up

15 minutes ago, visavisa123 said:

Just called and the tier 1 officer told me her computer was running very slow and it would take a few minutes to pull up my case. I told her before she goes through all that trouble i was going to request to be transferred to a tier 2 anyways and she told me that could not transfer me because the call volume is too high and I could also not leave the voicemail. She said I would have to call back at 8 am tomorrow to speak someone higher up

Calling 8am Eastern Time is the fastest way to get connected through. The Tier 1 will still collect your information and go through there standard scripted questions. Just say that you tried to get through to a Tier 2 today but you never heard back. Usually they connect you without issue if you say that. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

Ok. Broke down cus seeing everyone calling and getting approved made me curious.

Most of u are aware my case is let’s call it “special”. So my reasoning for calling was to see if they had received or amended petition. Which I was informed they don’t need see anything showing up around April for a amendment.

The lady then said.

The last notification on ur case was August 14th for a request for evidence. 🎊🎈🎊🎈🎊

yes im happy. Cus if they never received our amendment we could of been denied due to lawyer being a dumba$$. 

Hopefully it will show up anytime now. Even tho she did state it takes 15 to 30 days to receive.

FINALLY!!! This makes my day! 

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

2024-04-03: NOA

Biometrics reused

2024-08-08: Interview (Approved same day)

2024-08-17: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Becksnjessie said:

My fiancé in America rang up today enquire, NOA1 was 2nd old and 7th new. They said they have sent an RFE out on the 24th August in the mail. Don’t really know how to feel about it! Guess it’s good in a way that we have heard something and then in another sense just worrying. Such an odd feeling when you haven’t heard anything for so long. 

I spoke to teir 2. They stated they didnt receive my amendment. But, we were going to be getting a rfe. Has not been mailed yet. Said it should be next week

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ST_RO said:

Today is a great day. Finally some more approvals/RFEs. Most importantly @BJ & Christine, whose comments kept me sane and laughing during the wait finally have an update. 

AND I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS! Sh### is

about to get real...😍

Glad I have been able to keep u along with everyone else in good spirits.

I'll continue this even after wards.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nixhound said:

Calling 8am Eastern Time is the fastest way to get connected through. The Tier 1 will still collect your information and go through there standard scripted questions. Just say that you tried to get through to a Tier 2 today but you never heard back. Usually they connect you without issue if you say that. 

yes I am going to call tomorrow morning unless the letter is magically in mail when I get home

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

soo the teir 2 officer called and told me it is a draft for an RFE. Only a draft... I can't imagine what it is for but whatever at least I know they looked at my case.

Edited by Dawn&Jose

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Couple of questions: 

1- just got my approved noa2 confirmation on the phone today, but website hasn’t updated with approved. Did anyone else have this happen and did it change later? Just making sure the person was correct in saying we have been approved lol

2- what exactly is the ds-160? I’m confused because my fiancé got his police background check from Belgium. Does he also need the ds-160?

Just got an email as soon as I got home from work that really helped to lift my mood. Approved today 8/28:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR ALIEN FIANCÉ(E) 

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity 

On August 28, 2018, we approved your Form I129F, PETITION FOR ALIEN FIANCÉ(E), Receipt Number XXXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Main USCIS system still shows pending when logged it but  when I go here and manually type it shows:

approval1.thumb.png.b650e5f025a2e1fe4e80b72657701aa4.png

Finally! Good luck everyone!

11 minutes ago, ShanGaut said:

Couple of questions: 

1- just got my approved noa2 confirmation on the phone today, but website hasn’t updated with approved. Did anyone else have this happen and did it change later? Just making sure the person was correct in saying we have been approved lol

2- what exactly is the ds-160? I’m confused because my fiancé got his police background check from Belgium. Does he also need the ds-160?

1) I was in the same situation as you but just got an email. Check this website and type it in manually:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do it just came up for me in the last 20 minutes. 

2) DS-160 is the electronic form that your fiancé has to complete prior to their interview at the embassy. It is a standard form that all visa applicants have to fill out. It includes some biographical and background information on it.  The embassy will send you information on the next steps. DS-160 is found on https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx .   DS-160 is a required form for everyone. Fiance had to complete one for a travel visa and will have to complete one again for her K1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nixhound said:

1) I was in the same situation as you but just got an email. Check this website and type it in manually:  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do it just came up for me in the last 20 minutes. 

2) DS-160 is the electronic form that your fiancé has to complete prior to their interview at the embassy. It is a standard form that all visa applicants have to fill out. It includes some biographical and background information on it.  The embassy will send you information on the next steps. DS-160 is found on https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx .   DS-160 is a required form for everyone. Fiance had to complete one for a travel visa and will have to complete one again for her K1. 

Hey yay ours too thanks! 

Noa1 February 15 old 19 new

Noa2 August 28th

Edited by ShanGaut

2 hours ago, KeRViv said:

I called this morning spoke with tier 1 and to my surprise he told me that our approval was sent out to mail today.

NoA1: Feb. 9

NoA2: Aug. 28

To the rest of Feb. filers that are still waiting, it will come soon. Just hang in there 🙏

It did change on the old website though but no update on the new website. 

415AEB8D-A23C-40CB-9023-B6889BB1B350.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.