3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Adrii said:

Hi guys!

Another Feb filer here from Australia! We mailed our packet on 02/09/18 and still waiting on our NOA1 :(

Not sure what to think of that lol because from what I've read people seem to received there's pretty fast!

Best of luck to you all! Let's hope the processing times continue to quicken and we'll all be united with our loved ones before we know it ! <3

Actually that is pretty early to worry.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Actually that is pretty early to worry.

Ahhh I hope there's nothing to worry about!

My fiancé also filed that electronic update form too and hasn't received anything about the packet being received.. so not sure if that means anything either? Lol 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Adrii said:

Ahhh I hope there's nothing to worry about!

My fiancé also filed that electronic update form too and hasn't received anything about the packet being received.. so not sure if that means anything either? Lol 

Electronic update usually comes right when they send out the noa1 in the mail. But it does take up to 3 weeks sometimes so I wouldn't worry yet.

what you can check:

tracking on usps if you got a tracking number

and if your check has been cashed or not.

other than that it is really early to worry

Timeline
Just now, lilpinay said:

Hello everyone, 

We also received our hard copy of NOA1 today. Yay!... Now let's all hope and pray. I know nothing is impossible with God. I claim the victory in His name. 

God bless us all!😊

That's such amazing news! All the best! Look forward to sharing this journey with you :)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Naes said:

Electronic update usually comes right when they send out the noa1 in the mail. But it does take up to 3 weeks sometimes so I wouldn't worry yet.

what you can check:

tracking on usps if you got a tracking number

and if your check has been cashed or not.

other than that it is really early to worry

Thank you so much for the reassurance!

ill grab the USPS tracking number off my fiancé in the morning and see where it's at! Really appreciate all of the advice and support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Adrii said:

That's such amazing news! All the best! Look forward to sharing this journey with you :)

Same here. Best of luck and God bless to you... 😊

On 11/02/2018 at 12:08 PM, metalmikecfh said:

i dont go back to new orleans untill april 

I'm visiting in Maine (coming from UK) and also nervous but I think it will be fine as long as we are prepared. I'm going to take a letter from my employer and printed proof of my return flight ticket. I've also got my standing order on my phone which shows my rent coming out each month which is active which is something I heard they may ask. 

24 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

I'm visiting in Maine (coming from UK) and also nervous but I think it will be fine as long as we are prepared. I'm going to take a letter from my employer and printed proof of my return flight ticket. I've also got my standing order on my phone which shows my rent coming out each month which is active which is something I heard they may ask. 

My Fiance (also from UK) comes here regularly, last visit was new year eve. You will definitely need to show a return ticket and explain the reason why you're visiting. Anything else will depends on the immigration officer. Good luck!

Edited by aminkowz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I received my paper NOA1 in the mail yesterday, February 17th (yay!).

Weird thing is, my fiancé's Country of Birth is showing up as "UNKNOWN" in the personal information section. Is this normal for the first receipt? Do I need to call USCIS to get this corrected? HAs anyone else seen this before?

Capture.PNG

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mduce said:

I received my paper NOA1 in the mail yesterday, February 17th (yay!).

Weird thing is, my fiancé's Country of Birth is showing up as "UNKNOWN" in the personal information section. Is this normal for the first receipt? Do I need to call USCIS to get this corrected? HAs anyone else seen this before?

Capture.PNG

It shouldn't be like that. Are you sure you put it correctly on I-129f? If you are sure, contact uscis. Actually even if you're not sure contact uscis 

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Naes said:

It shouldn't be like that. Are you sure you put it correctly on I-129f? If you are sure, contact uscis. Actually even if you're not sure contact uscis 

Hmm... this might explain it: the form was filled out with "Managua" as the country of birth... We hired a lawyer who actually filled out the form for us. I'm assuming they thought it said "county" of birth or something. I should have caught this when I reviewed the forms before they were sent in. Hopefully it doesn't result in an RFE or delay the process... stupid mistake.

Capture.PNG

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mduce said:

Hmm... this might explain it: the form was filled out with "Managua" as the country of birth... We hired a lawyer who actually filled out the form for us. I'm assuming they thought it said "county" of birth or something. I should have caught this when I reviewed the forms before they were sent in. Hopefully it doesn't result in an RFE or delay the process... stupid mistake.

Capture.PNG

It most likely will result in rfe, so I would call them now.

another lawyer awesomeness...

On 2/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, Becksnjessie said:

We posted our case on the 30th January and received notification on the 5th February. So excited to be on this journey and I'm glad to share my experiences with you all. 

My fiance Jessie lives within Bates college grounds, so I am looking forward to visiting in May and seeing what Maine has to offer!  (She previously lived and worked in Massachusetts) 

let the waiting begin..... 

Small world. I’m from Portland, Maine and my fiancé is from Brazil and we have the same filing dates. :)

3 hours ago, Mduce said:

Capture.PNG

I don't think you were supposed to write in 'none' in there instructions state leave blank if none. I saw a RFE on one that they wrote N/A on some lines.  

I don't think highly of lawyers..

Same with the middle name and ' --- ' 

If you read the instructions it'll tell you exactly how to fill out the form.

Edited by FernandLevi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.