2,268 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, N400QUEENS said:

General questions guys, I filed in paper but got receipt start with IOE, am I counting myself as a paper filer or online filer?

PD: 2/27/2018

FP: 3/20/2018

Actively Reviewing: 3/20/2018

I believe you’re counted as a paper filer. The IOE indicates that your application has been submitted using their new digital file system. They will scan your docs into a file in their system. Someone one here will correct me if I’m wrong. Good luck!😀

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

35 minutes ago, Dualie said:

I believe you’re counted as a paper filer. The IOE indicates that your application has been submitted using their new digital file system. They will scan your docs into a file in their system. Someone one here will correct me if I’m wrong. Good luck!😀

Thanks, that's what I came up to. 

Seems we have similar timeline, any idea average wait time for the interview this year?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, N400QUEENS said:

Thanks, that's what I came up to. 

Seems we have similar timeline, any idea average wait time for the interview this year?

Well, my local office is Saint Paul, MN, and they are operating at a snail’s pace...so it’s hard to say.  I’m an optimist however, so I am hoping for something by the end of 2018. But I am also a realist.  The USCIS site estimates closer to October of 2019, so let’s just say I’m hoping fore the best but prepared for the worst. 

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

50 minutes ago, Dualie said:

Well, my local office is Saint Paul, MN, and they are operating at a snail’s pace...so it’s hard to say.  I’m an optimist however, so I am hoping for something by the end of 2018. But I am also a realist.  The USCIS site estimates closer to October of 2019, so let’s just say I’m hoping fore the best but prepared for the worst. 

Good luck for all of us!

Timeline
On 5/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, vhta said:

Hello guys I had my interview today and wanted to share it with you.

My interview was scheduled at 10:10am in OKC field office, I got there around 9:40 am, after passing security I had to drop my letter in a box and wait for the immigration officer to call me in. I got called in around 10:20am Interviewer greeted me and first thing she did was swore me in and ask for my GC, passport and drivers license. Next she proceeded to take my fingerprint and picture.

After that we started with the English test, she had a paper with different questions and made me read the first one "Who makes laws?" then she marked it correct, she had another paper for me to write my answer, she also marked it correct. Then she had another paper with the 10 questions I got the first six correct and that was the end of the tests.

Next she went trough all the questions on the N400, it was fast. After that she showed me the name on a small screen to verify my name for the certificate, verified and signed on the screen. She told me that I was recommended for approval and that I should receive a letter with the date time and location. She gave me two papers one was general information about the oath ceremony and the other one was a checklist with the area for "passed English and civic test" and "recommended for approval" checked. 

As soon as I left I had already received an email saying an action was taken on my case, the old system says my ceremony will be scheduled the new system has not been updated yet. 

I hope to receive the letter fast.

Hello vhta,

Congratulations for passing your interview. Like you, I had my interview in OKC. It wan on April 24th. Same day I received the same information in their websites. But since then, it says it in under "quality review". Have you received any updates?

Regards.

2 hours ago, zukkaus said:

Hello vhta,

Congratulations for passing your interview. Like you, I had my interview in OKC. It wan on April 24th. Same day I received the same information in their websites. But since then, it says it in under "quality review". Have you received any updates?

Regards.

I had an update the same date, it went from "We approved your application" to "You attended your interview Yo do not have to do anything at this time". The old Case Status page says its being scheduled.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All - 

I did my biometrics in queens, ny on 8th March 2018 and since then I keep getting email notifications every 2 weeks that “we are working on your case and there is no update on it”. What is the significance of this? Is this normal? Others on the same boat get these? Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated!

So far I have received 3 to 5 such emails. 

Regards,

Psg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, psg052813 said:

Hello All - 

I did my biometrics in queens, ny on 8th March 2018 and since then I keep getting email notifications every 2 weeks that “we are working on your case and there is no update on it”. What is the significance of this? Is this normal? Others on the same boat get these? Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated!

So far I have received 3 to 5 such emails. 

Regards,

Psg

We are all getting them.  I think it is to let us know we are still in the system, and to keep us from calling to inquire about the status.

We just have to hang on.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sukie said:

We are all getting them.  I think it is to let us know we are still in the system, and to keep us from calling to inquire about the status.

We just have to hang on.

Sukie in NY

Thanks Sukie, I thought so too but was also hoping that my case is special and that they are paying extra attention and that it will be approved in less than 6 months 😉 .

regards,

Psg

10 minutes ago, AmusingCamera said:

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Congrats! 

Thank you! I’m so happy right now! 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.