2,268 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Nothing for us, with a 2/18 submission and a 3/12 biometrics appointment.  We get the “we have not forgotten you” email every two weeks on Monday mornings.

Sukie in NY ((Hudson Valley))

Good news is they’re definitely working on applications from end of January currently so you’ll very likely get the interview scheduled notification by mid to late May. Hopefully sooner. 

Edited by CTgal18

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

13 minutes ago, AmusingCamera said:

@CTgal18 and @Anabless   My cousin's interview is on may 29th in Albany as well. Be prepared to take a mini trip. it seems like they're sending most fillers to albany for the interview. 

I think they stopped sending cases to Albany around mid March. It was in beginning of March when I discovered that some Fairfield County zip codes had Albany as the local field office on the USCIS website. I thought it was a fluke especially since it changed like a week later to saying the Hartford office serves all of Connecticut.

I really don’t mind the 3 hour drive if it means that I’ll be done in 5 months versus the 10 months Hartford is posting. I don’t need it done sooner like some do for jobs and family members, but I still find myself going crazy waiting to hear for some reason. I guess I’m just impatient. Lol. 

Thanks again for the update.  

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
Username: flash9153
GC-Date: 5/22/15
Sent: 2/23/18
Cashd: 2/23/18
NOA: 2/24/18
Fprints: 3/21/18
Field Office: Chicago, IL

...and the wait continues :unsure:

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

Just thought you all might find this post interesting. Many, many variables for instance between paper filers and online filers, other interesting facts the FBI apparently want to make sure that 98 percent of people have passed their security checks within 30 days. Obviously it also goes on field office processing times, those with short times often find themselves inline and then straight to the interview letter. Also, it seems that people who applied years after the anniversary of their GC go inline and have an interview notice nearly immediately after security checks as they take priority. Obviously its not written in black and white, but its worth a read.  

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

On 19/04/2018 at 2:59 PM, CTgal18 said:

Anyways @shell20, your office appears to be one of the quicker ones so it’s very likely you’ll be hearing soon regardless. So you should still be hopeful. 

I am remaining on the positive side, reading the article I just read about Columbus then with their processing times at the time, it was nearly immediate, going inline to interview. I am lucky as my local office have probably one of the shortest waiting times.

My anniversary today of my GC, so I am hoping to hear in the next week about an interview. However, if their is someone who say for instance (according to the statistics from this post) who has been a resident since say 2012 for an example, they will get their interview notice before  

However, I am ok with that, they have waited long enough.  Any way have a read of it, makes many interesting points, many variables that explains an awful lot. It's like I have tried to say, there are so many variables.

Today, I read a post that was about an interview that was cancelled due to the fact that NBC who physically sends the N400 file to the local field offices were using a new mailing system/computer system and that interview was cancelled as 70 files did not turn up on time. The person has since had their interview and passed and the IO went out of their way to make sure that they had the interview asap. Nice to know that the IO are mostly kind and helpful, only a few that let the whole side down.

12 hours ago, AmusingCamera said:

@CTgal18 and @Anabless   My cousin's interview is on may 29th in Albany as well. Be prepared to take a mini trip. it seems like they're sending most fillers to albany for the interview. 

I'm already psychologically prepare for this little trip lol. I think Hartford is backlogged and more concentrated in Green cards at this moment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
10 hours ago, shell20 said:

I am remaining on the positive side, reading the article I just read about Columbus then with their processing times at the time, it was nearly immediate, going inline to interview. I am lucky as my local office have probably one of the shortest waiting times.

My anniversary today of my GC, so I am hoping to hear in the next week about an interview. However, if their is someone who say for instance (according to the statistics from this post) who has been a resident since say 2012 for an example, they will get their interview notice before  

However, I am ok with that, they have waited long enough.  Any way have a read of it, makes many interesting points, many variables that explains an awful lot. It's like I have tried to say, there are so many variables.

Today, I read a post that was about an interview that was cancelled due to the fact that NBC who physically sends the N400 file to the local field offices were using a new mailing system/computer system and that interview was cancelled as 70 files did not turn up on time. The person has since had their interview and passed and the IO went out of their way to make sure that they had the interview asap. Nice to know that the IO are mostly kind and helpful, only a few that let the whole side down.

I am a resident since 2012, no interview notice yet. Did apply 2/5/2018 on a 5 year rule. I see many people still waiting for interviews from 2017 Spring with clean records.

I am not patient at all, as they call people to interview in a completely unpredictable schedule. I definitely do not want to wait a year.

My Field Office is Chicago, and I have seen several people who applied after me and already had interview in my field office, and they already either scheduled for Oath or became a US citizen already.

I have clean record, no divorce, US born child, still no word....sadly.

And it is very nerve wrecking not even knowing/predicting when my interview notice will turn up.

It would be great if they would give you not only an overall timeline, but separate timelines, like Fingerprinting to Interview - within 3 months; Interview to Oath - within 2 months, etc...But it is not the case. 

1 hour ago, nikichicago said:

I am a resident since 2012, no interview notice yet. Did apply 2/5/2018 on a 5 year rule. I see many people still waiting for interviews from 2017 Spring with clean records.

I am not patient at all, as they call people to interview in a completely unpredictable schedule. I definitely do not want to wait a year.

My Field Office is Chicago, and I have seen several people who applied after me and already had interview in my field office, and they already either scheduled for Oath or became a US citizen already.

And it is very nerve wrecking not even knowing/predicting when my interview notice will turn up.

It would be great if they would give you not only an overall timeline, but separate timelines, like Fingerprinting to Interview - within 3 months; Interview to Oath - within 2 months, etc...But it is not the case. 

Great idea of splitting those times up, sorry you're waiting so long, Chicago must be a tad back logged I guess. I hope your hear shortly.

Timeline
2 hours ago, nikichicago said:

I’m right there with you. I live in southern Illinois, but my field office is in st.louis. I been a resident since 1998, i too applied on my five year rule. I do have two minor traffic tickets but no other records. 

@Derwood  wanted me to let you all know they just got notice of an interview, but they are off to work now. No date yet, but a notice to say they scheduled it.

3 minutes ago, mr.turtle said:

That’s awesome  some news congratulations.

I will pass that on to them. I think they are Cincinnati and its a joint filing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.