2,268 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dallas39 said:

I got the letter in the mail 2 days after they sent it.

Question: is it normal for local uscis offices to send letters with the top right corner date expired? i guess they are using old forms? but dang it say 2016 right under the OMB number

Welcome to the wonderful world of the US Government.  Don’t sweat the expired date.  I am happy you got your letter!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

19 hours ago, Dallas39 said:

Question: is it normal for local uscis offices to send letters with the top right corner date expired? i guess they are using old forms? but dang it say 2016 right under the OMB number

Yes, mine is the same 10/31/16. Lol

In God we Trust 

Time line for AOS 2014
June 30--- Mailed our AOS PACKET
July 2----- USPS confirmed delivery
July 9----- Received mail and txt of acceptance from uscis for I-485, i-765 and I-131
July12---- Hard copy of i-485,i-765 and I-131 in the mail
July14-----Biometrics schedule arrive on the mail, Scheduled on August 6,2014
August6----Biometrics done!done!
Sept03-----EAD/AP CARD/document production :)
Sept11-----EAD card recieved
October16--Interview AOS :)
Approved on the spot
October 24-Green Card arrived in the mail. :)

Timeline for Removal of Condition 2016

July 17--------Mailed our packet

July 18--------Received our NOA

Oct 12---------Biometrics appoinment

Oct 28 2017-GreenCard on Hand

Naturalization 2018

February 5th--------Sent I-751 package to Chicago

February 7th--------Package delivered to P.O Chicago

February 10th------Cheque cashed.

Feb 14th ------------ NOA1 delivered in mail.

March 6th------------Bio-metrics done

April 16th-------------Interview schedule (approved)

April 17th-------------Oath Ceremony scheduled

May 3rd----------------Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
11 hours ago, HappyinLove2014 said:

Yes, mine is the same 10/31/16. Lol

Oh I guess they will use every old form they have until they run out lol.

Is there a specific time of the month when they update case status or is it more on Mondays every week or totally  random times? Thanks you guys.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 12:52 PM, shell20 said:

Yes, as Derwood says the ROC/N400 normally goes to the NBC.  The NBC apparently are the ones that sort out the interview and such, so its not like a timeline as such, its a place that organises the joint N400/ROC for your interview at a local field office.   Thanks for sharing this with us, at least we know it means if we are inline we have indeed passed the security checks and are just awaiting on our field offices waiting times or backlogs.

Oh Shell !!! If only that was true !!! The more I read here the less I know ! :-(

sometimes I think I need an emotional break from here !

1 hour ago, lovethemidwest said:

Oh Shell !!! If only that was true !!! The more I read here the less I know ! :-(

sometimes I think I need an emotional break from here !

Well it seems so as it came directly from an IO and I am guessing an IO that has probably been there a while as they seem to know what inline means and that it goes to the NBC to arrange an interview. @Derwood case actually did transfer to the NBC as they had a letter stating so.  So in hindsight it just corresponds with what the IO has said regarding being inline and the NBC.   And this from the USCIS website also confirms that the NBC set up interviews for N400 

The NBC’s primary mission is to prepare applications for adjudication that require an interview at a USCIS Field Office.  A lot goes into preparing an application including conducting background and security checks and reviewing the evidence an applicant submits to support their eligibility for the benefit.
he NBC’s primary mission is to prepare applications for adjudication that require an interview at a USCIS Field Office.  A lot goes into preparing an application including conducting background and security checks and reviewing the evidence an applicant submits to support their eligibility for the benefit.  

The NBC’s largest workload is Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  These two applications will reach well over a million cases in Fiscal Year 2012. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Is there a specific time of the month when they update case status or is it more on Mondays every week or totally  random times? Thanks you guys.

Hmmm very good question. I think it's random but also varies on a case to case. 

anyone familiar with n400 319(b) filing here?

my wife just had her bio-metrics completed and online status says it was reviewed on April 19,2018. Estimated case completion time shows March 2019. 

I thought the whole purpose of 319(b) was to expedite n400 based on my eligibility of working overseas. 

any thoughts?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-05-30

I-130 Sent : 2011-12-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-12-12

I-130 RFE : 2012-02-11

I-130 RFE Sent : 2012-02-13

I-130 Approved : 2012-03-05

NVC Received : 2012-03-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-03-28

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-03-29

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-03-30

Receive IV Bill : 2012-04-04

Pay IV Bill : 2012-04-06

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-12

NVC Left : 2012-07-12

Consulate Received : 2012-07-13

Packet 3 Received : 2012-07-13

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-08-06 Submit Review

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments : After a year, a second medical and police report was asked and completed last week. Got an email stating to send in her passport via DX to the US embassy.July 9, 2013

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 84 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 238 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, mnydriven818 said:

anyone familiar with n400 319(b) filing here?

my wife just had her bio-metrics completed and online status says it was reviewed on April 19,2018. Estimated case completion time shows March 2019. 

I thought the whole purpose of 319(b) was to expedite n400 based on my eligibility of working overseas. 

any thoughts?

ECD is calculated automatically and is based on the general metrics for the responsible field office or service, so it's not case-specific in that sense. I doubt they adjust the calculation method for exceptional cases such as expedited naturalization under 319(b).

USCIS continues to calculate processing times, also referred to as “cycle times,” using the number of cases pending with the responsible USCIS office or service center against cases completed in that month.  The calculated processing time provides an estimate of the elapsed time associated with specific types of cases (e.g., Form N-400, Application for Naturalization or Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) that are pending with USCIS.

Fun fact: My ECD was listed as February 2019 one day before my oath was scheduled for May 14th, 2018. 

Edited by ilyak
Clarification

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 1:14 PM, Dallas39 said:

It's the expiration date for the Office of Management and Budget's control number/approval for the form. Under the paperwork reduction act, OMB is responsible for reviewing whether government forms are justified as far as the time burden they place on the fillers. It won't affect your naturalization in any way. As to why USCIS has not been able to secure a renewal for an expired OMB control number - who knows. Perhaps a completely new form type is in the works.

29 minutes ago, AmusingCamera said:

@CTgal18and @Anabless just an update guys- one cousin got his interview  notice today. He applied on Jan 22nd. The other cousin is a citizen already ( she got her interview date on the same day as biometrics) 

Thanks for sharing ! It’s great to know which dates they’re working on so thanks for passing along that info. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

1 hour ago, AmusingCamera said:

@CTgal18and @Anabless just an update guys- one cousin got his interview  notice today. He applied on Jan 22nd. The other cousin is a citizen already ( she got her interview date on the same day as biometrics) 

Thanks for updating @AmusingCamera! So I may hear something in the next 2 weeks then(I applied on Feb 07th). I'm so anxious!!! 

1 hour ago, Anabless said:

@CTgal18 Excited to hear your great news, I'm only 2 days behind you on the application and biometrics. We may have the oath scheduled for same day. 

I’m getting so anxious now and I keep checking my phone for notifications. Lol! 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.