2,268 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dee&vee said:

Based on  replies here it seems like ELIS site shows that message when you are "inline" for the interview. So Question - Does being Inline mean that you are cleared security checks? 

According to older posts on VJ it seems yes.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, shell20 said:

That would be great. Usually security checks are one of the biggest factors for delays, besides local office work load. Now just have to wait for local office to get it together. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ilyak said:

Quick (and hopefully final) update: my panic was unjustified. This morning, my case status has finally changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed and the oath letter appeared online almost immediately afterwards. It is filled out differently from the one that the officer gave me at the interview: it has my full name and address listed on the first page (as opposed to just the first and last name on the other one), and the top of the second page is filled out and has a QR-code. The important bits - date, time, and location - remain the same, so May 14th it is! 

Great!

Congrats!

1 hour ago, shell20 said:

@shell20 According to the Shell hypothesis you are expecting an interview letter next week correct? How I hope its true for your and all our sake. Did you observe that trend in the recent approvals as well? Thanks Shell.🍎🐚🐦

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

1 minute ago, CoffeeVegan said:

@shell20 According to the Shell hypothesis you are expecting an interview letter next week correct? How I hope its true for your and all our sake. Did you observe that trend in the recent approvals as well? Thanks Shell.🍎🐚🐦

Recent interviews, yes, most are at interview stage.  And yes I am expecting a letter next week give or take a couple of days. The thing here with N400 its very much dependent on office processing times. So if you are in a really backlogged office its not going to apply much.

11 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Recent interviews, yes, most are at interview stage.  And yes I am expecting a letter next week give or take a couple of days. The thing here with N400 its very much dependent on office processing times. So if you are in a really backlogged office its not going to apply much.

Gotcha! Thank you and hope you are having a fabulous vacay! Please bring back some sunshine and laughter for us folks . We are still having frost !!!☕

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Gotcha! Thank you and hope you are having a fabulous vacay! Please bring back some sunshine and laughter for us folks . We are still having frost !!!☕

Im not away, not for another couple of weeks. I am enjoying the frost or not just like you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
6 hours ago, ilyak said:

Do you have access to https://my.uscis.gov/account/? If so, on the first screen you are sent to after logging in, there's a Documents tab here:

image.png.7a7dfc16fb1b61481310aea318144450.png

Since your status says that you should expect your notice by 5/18, it last changed on 4/18. Typically, copies of letters appear under the documents tab within 24-48 hours of the associated update, so you should either already have a copy of your letter there or see it pop up very soon. It should not matter whether you applied online or at one of the lockboxes.

Note: the date to contact them does not mean your oath ceremony is after that, it's simply one month from when they updated your case status to indicate that the notice was mailed. My ceremony is May 14th, and my case indicates that I should contact them if I do not get the oath letter by May 19th.

Well, I just got the letter in my mailbox Today! 2 days after they mailed it. It came from my local office and I guess I got it so quickly because I am am a 5 minute drive away from my local USCIS office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dallas39 said:

Well, I just got the letter in my mailbox Today! 2 days after they mailed it. It came from my local office and I guess I got it so quickly because I am am a 5 minute drive away from my local USCIS office.

Awesome, congratulations! Please update the big timeline table or post the interview date here so someone else can update it when you get a chance. Thanks!

10 hours ago, shell20 said:

I think you are right Shell20 . My Ellis site show the same message as many had seen .

I had an infopass  appointment today to extent my I55 stamp as I still have a pending I751 ( I am a 2017 Jan filler ) . When I check with the officer , he told me " YES" , I am " inline" for interview and he also mentioned " Inline" means I had already cleared my background check , once the background check is clear , is good for the next 15 months before they conduct another background check. The officer said because I have a pending I751 and my field office  ( Phoenix office ) had backlog, most likely I will get a combo interview for my N400 and I751 for the next 4-6 months .

After I left the field office and I re-think what the officer had told me , he said my I751 had transfer to NBC ( National Benefit Center ) from CSC and my N400 is at NBC now , does that mean I am following the NBC processing timeline or my service center processing timeline ? Does anyone know ?

7 hours ago, Angelthebear said:

After I left the field office and I re-think what the officer had told me , he said my I751 had transfer to NBC ( National Benefit Center ) from CSC and my N400 is at NBC now , does that mean I am following the NBC processing timeline or my service center processing timeline ? Does anyone know ?

I have an I-751 and N-400 awaiting adjudication too. My I-751 was also transferred to the NBC in March 2018. My understanding is that the NBC is the gateway between the other service centers and the field offices. The NBC should be combining your two outstanding cases, allocating an interview date/time, issuing an appointment letter and forwarding the whole package to your local office to conduct the interview. 

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

1 hour ago, Derwood said:

I have an I-751 and N-400 awaiting adjudication too. My I-751 was also transferred to the NBC in March 2018. My understanding is that the NBC is the gateway between the other service centers and the field offices. The NBC should be combining your two outstanding cases, allocating an interview date/time, issuing an appointment letter and forwarding the whole package to your local office to conduct the interview. 

Thank you for explaining . That means another 4-6 months before I could hear anything back from them , I am hoping they move faster but I guess I am wrong .

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, Dallas39 said:

There is a 'documents tab' ? or is it only for those who filed online? mine was an NBC and I have an account on both myuscis and regular uscis so just wanted to make sure i am not missing anything. One has  'we scheduled your oath ceremony' and the other has 'Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed' and they both said to contact them if i dont get the letter by May 18th (which i am assuming means my oath is sometime after that)

Hi. ilyak is right. Did you find the documents tab? 

23 hours ago, CTgal18 said:

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that only online applicants have their notices uploaded online to their account.

I applied by mail and sent by USPS. I have all my notices uploaded online.

22 hours ago, ilyak said:

Quick (and hopefully final) update: my panic was unjustified. This morning, my case status has finally changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed and the oath letter appeared online almost immediately afterwards. It is filled out differently from the one that the officer gave me at the interview: it has my full name and address listed on the first page (as opposed to just the first and last name on the other one), and the top of the second page is filled out and has a QR-code. The important bits - date, time, and location - remain the same, so May 14th it is! 

Congrats! Finally! I'm happy for you.

In God we Trust 

Time line for AOS 2014
June 30--- Mailed our AOS PACKET
July 2----- USPS confirmed delivery
July 9----- Received mail and txt of acceptance from uscis for I-485, i-765 and I-131
July12---- Hard copy of i-485,i-765 and I-131 in the mail
July14-----Biometrics schedule arrive on the mail, Scheduled on August 6,2014
August6----Biometrics done!done!
Sept03-----EAD/AP CARD/document production :)
Sept11-----EAD card recieved
October16--Interview AOS :)
Approved on the spot
October 24-Green Card arrived in the mail. :)

Timeline for Removal of Condition 2016

July 17--------Mailed our packet

July 18--------Received our NOA

Oct 12---------Biometrics appoinment

Oct 28 2017-GreenCard on Hand

Naturalization 2018

February 5th--------Sent I-751 package to Chicago

February 7th--------Package delivered to P.O Chicago

February 10th------Cheque cashed.

Feb 14th ------------ NOA1 delivered in mail.

March 6th------------Bio-metrics done

April 16th-------------Interview schedule (approved)

April 17th-------------Oath Ceremony scheduled

May 3rd----------------Oath Ceremony

12 hours ago, Angelthebear said:

I think you are right Shell20 . My Ellis site show the same message as many had seen .

I had an infopass  appointment today to extent my I55 stamp as I still have a pending I751 ( I am a 2017 Jan filler ) . When I check with the officer , he told me " YES" , I am " inline" for interview and he also mentioned " Inline" means I had already cleared my background check , once the background check is clear , is good for the next 15 months before they conduct another background check. The officer said because I have a pending I751 and my field office  ( Phoenix office ) had backlog, most likely I will get a combo interview for my N400 and I751 for the next 4-6 months .

Yes, as Derwood says the ROC/N400 normally goes to the NBC.  The NBC apparently are the ones that sort out the interview and such, so its not like a timeline as such, its a place that organises the joint N400/ROC for your interview at a local field office.   Thanks for sharing this with us, at least we know it means if we are inline we have indeed passed the security checks and are just awaiting on our field offices waiting times or backlogs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
3 hours ago, HappyinLove2014 said:

Hi. ilyak is right. Did you find the documents tab? 

I got the letter in the mail 2 days after they sent it.

Question: is it normal for local uscis offices to send letters with the top right corner date expired? i guess they are using old forms? but dang it say 2016 right under the OMB number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.