2,268 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, shomer said:

Believe what your letter says and go to the ceremony at the time indicated.

Yes, to be clear, I do, of course, plan on going, unless I definitively hear otherwise from USCIS (I mean a major case event like getting an RFE, something that has happened to another VJ user a while ago). But I am going to hold off on inviting anyone but my wife to come with me.

Just now, CoffeeVegan said:

Anyone who is done with biometrics but on the ELIS site shows a different caae staus than this one , I wonder? 

I was thinking that myself, anyone who has only just done biometrics like the past day or so, so they arent waiting security checks.  The thing here is we have scheduled an interview and will send the letter out, not that they have sent it out and I don't class bio-metrics as an interview. That's all I have to say on the matter really. I am going to remain positive on my side and hopefully hear something next week about an interview.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

17 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I was thinking that myself, anyone who has only just done biometrics like the past day or so, so they arent waiting security checks.  The thing here is we have scheduled an interview and will send the letter out, not that they have sent it out and I don't class bio-metrics as an interview. That's all I have to say on the matter really. I am going to remain positive on my side and hopefully hear something next week about an interview.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade and obviously you are free to believe what you want but I’m just saying it has said that status for me since February after the first time I saw someone in January filers thread mention it. And there are people from that January thread who thought it meant their interview letter was coming and it still hasn’t yet. I don’t think it is accurate. Like I said I’m not trying to rain on your parade, just stating facts. I too am waiting for my interview to be scheduled so it’s not like I’m trying to wish anyone poorly and hope they don’t get it. I hope this process is reasonably quick for everyone but I think bringing up old outdated sites is very confusing to people new to this process.

ETA: page 42 on January filers is when it  was discussed and that’s when I saw it and checked for myself and it was saying the same as others. That was Feb 23 when I checked and saw that status in the old account. 

Edited by CTgal18

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Anyways @shell20, your office appears to be one of the quicker ones so it’s very likely you’ll be hearing soon regardless. So you should still be hopeful. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, evapaula said:

the other two sites say nothing new since the biometrics notice. I hope you;re right about being inline, it would make up for the long ROC times. 

mine says the same thing. I called and was transferred to a tier 2 IO and he said yes I'm inline for interview. He also told me where my interview would be but says they are backlogged so that is why it is not showing up yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, NEENEE NYC said:

mine says the same thing. I called and was transferred to a tier 2 IO and he said yes I'm inline for interview. He also told me where my interview would be but says they are backlogged so that is why it is not showing up yet

that's good news, but with my track record doesn't mean much :) I remember for AOS, my status updated to "in line for interview" in December and only got scheduled for end of May. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
On 4/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, HappyinLove2014 said:

Thank you! So this is how it happened. On April 17 My status was changed to:

We approved your application

Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony

We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.

And this status change happened today: April 18

We scheduled your naturalization ceremony

View your letter on your documents tab for the ceremony date, time, and location

Note: It may take up to a few days for your letter to show on your documents tab.

The document for my oath letter appeared noon time. I never did check the egov.uscis.gov: update. So I never did see any quality review on my case. I've read you already have an oath letter. Is it the 2 page letter? I would wait, I think your oath letter will appear tomorrow on the documents tab when you check back your status.

There is a 'documents tab' ? or is it only for those who filed online? mine was an NBC and I have an account on both myuscis and regular uscis so just wanted to make sure i am not missing anything. One has  'we scheduled your oath ceremony' and the other has 'Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed' and they both said to contact them if i dont get the letter by May 18th (which i am assuming means my oath is sometime after that)

Timeline
15 hours ago, Dallas39 said:

There is a 'documents tab' ? or is it only for those who filed online? mine was an NBC and I have an account on both myuscis and regular uscis so just wanted to make sure i am not missing anything. One has  'we scheduled your oath ceremony' and the other has 'Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed' and they both said to contact them if i dont get the letter by May 18th (which i am assuming means my oath is sometime after that)

Do you have access to https://my.uscis.gov/account/? If so, on the first screen you are sent to after logging in, there's a Documents tab here:

image.png.7a7dfc16fb1b61481310aea318144450.png

Since your status says that you should expect your notice by 5/18, it last changed on 4/18. Typically, copies of letters appear under the documents tab within 24-48 hours of the associated update, so you should either already have a copy of your letter there or see it pop up very soon. It should not matter whether you applied online or at one of the lockboxes.

Note: the date to contact them does not mean your oath ceremony is after that, it's simply one month from when they updated your case status to indicate that the notice was mailed. My ceremony is May 14th, and my case indicates that I should contact them if I do not get the oath letter by May 19th.

Edited by ilyak
clarification

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ilyak said:

Do you have access to https://my.uscis.gov/account/? If so, on the first screen you are sent to after logging in, there's a Documents tab here:

image.png.7a7dfc16fb1b61481310aea318144450.png

Since your status says that you should expect your notice by 5/18, it last changed on 4/18. Typically, copies of letters appear under the documents tab within 24-48 hours of the associated update, so you should either already have a copy of your letter there or see it pop up very soon. It should not matter whether you applied online or at one of the lockboxes.

Note: the date to contact them does not mean your oath ceremony is after that, it's simply one month from when they updated your case status to indicate that the notice was mailed. My ceremony is May 14th, and my case indicates that I should contact them if I do not get the oath letter by May 19th.

Oh weird! I have access to that site and i only have the first 2 tabs.

Just now, Dallas39 said:

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that only online applicants have their notices uploaded online to their account.

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Dallas39 said:

Huh, then I am probably incorrect about all applicants having access to this, my apologies for the misinformation.

How about https://public-prod-elis2.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/app/app/? This is the old ELIS system, and it has copies of some but not all notices for me. Please note: the login page will look exactly like it does for https://my.uscis.gov/account/ - same text message confirmation and all, but after you log in, the site will be quite different.

Edited by ilyak

Timeline
23 hours ago, ilyak said:

Well, after not seeing any changes in the contradicting statuses, I called USCIS and got some disturbing news from a T2 representative. She could not locate my oath ceremony date/time in the system. She said that maybe the officer had somehow manually put me in for a ceremony. Her advice was to go, and to "maybe call [them] a couple of days in advance". I made an infopass appointment for Tuesday morning to see if I can get any additional information. I wanted to have some close friends at the ceremony who would need to drive from hours away, but I obviously don't want to ask them to come if there's a good chance that I will be just turned away.

I'm attaching a copy of what the officer who inverted me gave me, if you have an oath invitation letter in hand, could you please compare it to what you've got and let me know if there are any differences? Thanks in advance.

image2.thumb.jpeg.732af026674b1a9d799a7977d61f6c91.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.95278b9bfba82242d578a7b324445a9c.jpeg

Quick (and hopefully final) update: my panic was unjustified. This morning, my case status has finally changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed and the oath letter appeared online almost immediately afterwards. It is filled out differently from the one that the officer gave me at the interview: it has my full name and address listed on the first page (as opposed to just the first and last name on the other one), and the top of the second page is filled out and has a QR-code. The important bits - date, time, and location - remain the same, so May 14th it is! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, shomer said:

That's usually the case :)  Good luck!  And don't get any traffic tickets on the way over.

Welp, if USCIS did not regularly induce a state of vain panic, we probably wouldn't have VJ. Anyway, it's been 13 years since I first came to the US, and I am simply glad that I'm almost done with USCIS for good.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, shell20 said:

I feel its not bio-metrics but the old system of being "inline", the new system for whatever reason doesn't seem to put anyone inline and looking back on older threads it seems to be what use to happen when Ellis posted this message and this is the Ellis system apparently.

20 hours ago, NEENEE NYC said:

Based on  replies here it seems like ELIS site shows that message when you are "inline" for the interview. So Question - Does being Inline mean that you are cleared security checks? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.