2,268 posts in this topic

Just now, evapaula said:

Fingers crossed that you're right. I'll come back with updates. 

Ok, but obviously its based on field office times, mine luckily isnt terrible backed up, I think 5 months, hence me expecting a letter next week a month before my 3rd year anniversary, not sure about Portland though. Any way good luck and a I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

Ok, but obviously its based on field office times, mine luckily isnt terrible backed up, I think 5 months, hence me expecting a letter next week a month before my 3rd year anniversary, not sure about Portland though. Any way good luck and a I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

Portland reports a N400 processing time of 7.5 to 11.5 months. but USCIS has been very unpredictable, so, who knows? 

Anyway, the waiting seems long now, but it will eventually happen and I'll forever be done with them. 

7 minutes ago, evapaula said:

Portland reports a N400 processing time of 7.5 to 11.5 months. but USCIS has been very unpredictable, so, who knows? 

Anyway, the waiting seems long now, but it will eventually happen and I'll forever be done with them. 

Amen to that one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
51 minutes ago, evapaula said:

I logged into this site and I'm not sure if I should get too worked up about this. My latest notice shows the date of my biometrics appointment letter. Nothing on the regular website either. 

image.png.00e5ffd0f8ea1dec4ff989edae0b9653.png

Hi there, hope you been doing well. I see the same status message. Since my field office in Portland OR too and I would be following your progress. I wonder how accurate is this Elis website because so many people are seeing the exact same status. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi there, hope you been doing well. I see the same status message. Since my field office in Portland OR too and I would be following your progress. I wonder how accurate is this Elis website because so many people are seeing the exact same status. 

hi Name O Boy,

Life is good, I can't complain :)
I"m not getting my hopes up too much about this status message, I saw many other people reporting the same on other threads. I'll report back if anything changes. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have the same message.  I'm going to go with a more pessimistic approach and say that the "status" is related to the fact that "scheduled your interview appointment" has to do with our biometrics appointments (since we all have them by now) and that some programmer who knows nothing about the process and our heart-attacks-waiting-to-happen wrote the verbiage.

I see no reason for our "real" interview appointments to have been scheduled without all the different status sites saying the same thing.  Unless every single one of us get the email notice tonight, then I think it has to do with the biometrics.

I would LOVE to be wrong!!!!

Sukie in NY

Edited by Sukie
More words
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, evapaula said:

hi Name O Boy,

I"m not getting my hopes up too much about this status message, I saw many other people reporting the same on other threads. I'll report back if anything changes. 

Yeah, you are right Eva. Retrospectively Portland field office takes about 6 months to process naturalization application. I filed for naturalization with a pending I-751 so it could be odd as compared to the regular naturalization process. Having said that I am positive and can't wait to be over with this process successfully. I will keep you posted.The weather isn't bad in Portland I like it :) Glad to hear from you, regards. 

11 hours ago, Sukie said:

I have the same message.  I'm going to go with a more pessimistic approach and say that the "status" is related to the fact that "scheduled your interview appointment" has to do with our biometrics appointments (since we all have them by now) and that some programmer who knows nothing about the process and our heart-attacks-waiting-to-happen wrote the verbiage.

I see no reason for our "real" interview appointments to have been scheduled without all the different status sites saying the same thing.  Unless every single one of us get the email notice tonight, then I think it has to do with the biometrics.

Sukie in NY

I believe you are correct. That message has been there forever and it was for FP notice. 

I filed in Jan and did FP in Albany as well, although my county actually belongs to Syracuse. Funny thing there's no field office in Syracuse in the Case Processing Site, but we do have an applicant in that office on March filer thread.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, after not seeing any changes in the contradicting statuses, I called USCIS and got some disturbing news from a T2 representative. She could not locate my oath ceremony date/time in the system. She said that maybe the officer had somehow manually put me in for a ceremony. Her advice was to go, and to "maybe call [them] a couple of days in advance". I made an infopass appointment for Tuesday morning to see if I can get any additional information. I wanted to have some close friends at the ceremony who would need to drive from hours away, but I obviously don't want to ask them to come if there's a good chance that I will be just turned away.

I'm attaching a copy of what the officer who inverted me gave me, if you have an oath invitation letter in hand, could you please compare it to what you've got and let me know if there are any differences? Thanks in advance.

image2.thumb.jpeg.732af026674b1a9d799a7977d61f6c91.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.95278b9bfba82242d578a7b324445a9c.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, shell20 said:

The other two sites say the same to be either reviewing or such. This is the old N400 site, (ellis) if you look it has to link there to go to the new n400. I often wondered what inline meant and apparently its the old system you just looked at that shows if youre inline or not, which seems so in your case.

15 hours ago, evapaula said:

hi Name O Boy,

I am seeing the same message. Like Sukie said above, it just could be for biometrics appointment. Let's see. 

15 hours ago, Sukie said:

Sukie in NY

I feel its not bio-metrics but the old system of being "inline", the new system for whatever reason doesn't seem to put anyone inline and looking back on older threads it seems to be what use to happen when Ellis posted this message and this is the Ellis system apparently.

1 hour ago, shell20 said:

I feel its not bio-metrics but the old system of being "inline", the new system for whatever reason doesn't seem to put anyone inline and looking back on older threads it seems to be what use to happen when Ellis posted this message and this is the Ellis system apparently.

The only issue with that logic is it says that the appointment is scheduled and they will mail you the letter. Which is why Sukie says it’s likely the biometrics appt. A lot of others in different threads have said it means the biometrics appt as well. If it said “USCIS is scheduling your interview appointment” instead of “USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment”, I would say maybe that it could make sense that it correlates with the old “in line for interview” status but the phrasing says it’s already been scheduled and that’s not the case for a lot of people who see this status on that site. I think it’s outdated and not supposed to be a reliable source of information. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

27 minutes ago, CTgal18 said:

The only issue with that logic is it says that the appointment is scheduled and they will mail you the letter. Which is why Sukie says it’s likely the biometrics appt. A lot of others in different threads have said it means the biometrics appt as well. If it said “USCIS is scheduling your interview appointment” instead of “USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment”, I would say maybe that it could make sense that it correlates with the old “in line for interview” status but the phrasing says it’s already been scheduled and that’s not the case for a lot of people who see this status on that site. I think it’s outdated and not supposed to be a reliable source of information. 

I see.  Although looking at older posts, they are talking about in line for interview and passing security checks.  Any way doesn't matter, we can agree to disagree. 

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, ilyak said:

Well, after not seeing any changes in the contradicting statuses, I called USCIS and got some disturbing news from a T2 representative. She could not locate my oath ceremony date/time in the system. She said that maybe the officer had somehow manually put me in for a ceremony. Her advice was to go, and to "maybe call [them] a couple of days in advance". I made an infopass appointment for Tuesday morning to see if I can get any additional information. I wanted to have some close friends at the ceremony who would need to drive from hours away, but I obviously don't want to ask them to come if there's a good chance that I will be just turned away.

I'm attaching a copy of what the officer who inverted me gave me, if you have an oath invitation letter in hand, could you please compare it to what you've got and let me know if there are any differences? Thanks in advance.

image2.thumb.jpeg.732af026674b1a9d799a7977d61f6c91.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.95278b9bfba82242d578a7b324445a9c.jpeg

Believe what your letter says and go to the ceremony at the time indicated.

17 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I see.  Although looking at older posts, they are talking about in line for interview and passing security checks.  Any way doesn't matter, we can agree to disagree. 

Anyone who is done with biometrics but on the ELIS site shows a different case staus than this one , I wonder? 

Edited by CoffeeVegan

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.