2,268 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It seems judging by the experiences others report that if you apply online for N-400, once you get the case to the local office it's a matter of how busy it is there.

Omaha appears to be processing pretty quick at the moment - there was a January filer who applied online and was approved a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by trekkypj

K1 Visa Timeline

• I-129F Sent via USPS EXPRESS MAIL: 05/01/2013 -  NOA1: 05/10/2013 - I-129F NOA2: 08/06/2013 Consulate Interview Date (Dublin, Ireland): 11/25/2013 - Interview Result: APPROVED! - Entered US via DBL POE (Dublin,IE): 04/27/2014 
  • Married on 05/11/2014

AOS Timeline

• Mailed I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 05/28/2014 - I-485 and I-765 NOA1: 06/03/2014 received -  06/10/2014 Biometrics Appointment -  06/25/2014  I-765 Approved -  08/11/2014 - *POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER*: Dated 09/10/2014 .  EAD/AP renewal sent by FedEx - 04/13/2015 NOA1 for EAD/AP Renewal -  04/16/2015 Green Card Ordered for production!!! 05/01/2015

ROC Timeline 

• Mailed I-751 application California Service Center : 2017-01-25 NOA1 / 1 Year Extension letter date : 2017-01-26 Biometrics Appointment - 2017-02-22 Nebraska DMV does not recognize extension letter - require I551 stamp  Got I-551 Stamp valid until 3/20/2018 - 2017-03-21 - Infopass Omaha NE: 2018-03-06 - I-551 stamp for renewing Driving License  - Approved during N-400 interview 2018-05-17. :jest:

Naturalization Timeline 

• N-400 e-filed: 2018-02-17 - NOA1 received: 2018-02-17 - Biometrics Appointment:2018-03-15 (Early walkin on 2018-03-06) - 2018-04-11 - Notification of Interview Scheduled  - Interview set for 2018-05-17 :dance:
  • N-400 Interview on 2018-05-17 - Passed - Administrative Oath Ceremony same day.

am a US Citizen now.B-)

3 minutes ago, trekkypj said:

It seems judging by the experiences others report that if you apply online for N-400, once you get the case to the local office it's a matter of how busy it is there.

Omaha appears to be processing pretty quick at the moment - there was a January filer who applied online and was approved a couple of weeks ago.

It seems to go off 1, Security Checks, 2 Local office processing times and 3. Whether you are near your 3rd or 5th year anniversary. Normally if they are not too busy in your jurisdiction and you have passed the security checks you will hear from them around a month before your 3rd or 5th anniversary. Yours was a tad late, but still just before your 3rd anniversary of the date on your conditional GC.  I think the major thing that stops everyone getting this is the field office processing times, although some of them are now going to a different field office to help with the back log.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

12 minutes ago, trekkypj said:

Also correct, online cases seem to be processed a lot quicker than paper filing. I think they make the online filers priority as they are trying to encourage it and also because the one via mail/post has to arrive to its destination and then be scanned. I hear that then it goes to NBC, who actually seem to be the ones who make the appointments for field offices.  I don't  know the statistics regarding NBC, so not sure if all go there or some go directly to the local field office.

Edited by shell20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

It seems to go off 1, Security Checks, 2 Local office processing times and 3. Whether you are near your 3rd or 5th year anniversary. Normally if they are not too busy in your jurisdiction and you have passed the security checks you will hear from them around a month before your 3rd or 5th anniversary. Yours was a tad late, but still just before your 3rd anniversary of the date on your conditional GC.  I think the major thing that stops everyone getting this is the field office processing times, although some of them are now going to a different field office to help with the back log.

But it doesn't work for everyone.  We are well past our 3rd anniversary date, and applying based on marriage.  So we don't have a "month before your 3rd anniversary" to go by.   My local friend (not on VJ) has been here for 23 years on a Green Card, and he has not been scheduled, either, and he certainly does not have a 5 year anniversary!

I think the fingerprint check is the first real hurdle, as you surmise.  It's taken me as long as 8-12 weeks to get FBI clearance for visas before. 

And then I think it is based on whether your ASC is well-organized or not.  Every time my spouse's fingerprints have been taken, her appointment has been at 1:30 p.m.  And each time, the fingerprint clerk has gone to lunch at 1:30 and she has had to wait.  Go figure.

I thought our ASC (Albany, NY) would have been a not-so-busy office, but last time we were there, it was CHOCK-A-BLOCK with people.  There were not enough seats left! 

I'm very happy for those who have gotten appointments - it is encouraging!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

4 minutes ago, Sukie said:

But it doesn't work for everyone.  We are well past our 3rd anniversary date, and applying based on marriage.  So we don't have a "month before your 3rd anniversary" to go by.   My local friend (not on VJ) has been here for 23 years on a Green Card, and he has not been scheduled, either, and he certainly does not have a 5 year anniversary!

I think the fingerprint check is the first real hurdle, as you surmise.  It's taken me as long as 8-12 weeks to get FBI clearance for visas before. 

And then I think it is based on whether your ASC is well-organized or not.  Every time my spouse's fingerprints have been taken, her appointment has been at 1:30 p.m.  And each time, the fingerprint clerk has gone to lunch at 1:30 and she has had to wait.  Go figure.

I thought our ASC (Albany, NY) would have been a not-so-busy office, but last time we were there, it was CHOCK-A-BLOCK with people.  There were not enough seats left! 

I'm very happy for those who have gotten appointments - it is encouraging!

Sukie in NY

Absolutely it is security checks and organisation of the local office and processing times. When the security checks are quick and the field office processing times are short and also organised etc, then quite a few people receive emails regarding interviews prior to their 3rd or 5th year anniversary. I think someone on VJ in either 2012 or 2014 actually tracked the numbers and the correlation and came up with it and I just looked to see if there was any correlation with peoples timelines and such. There seems to be so. However, that was then, this is now with all the back logs. I do expect to hear from my local office around the 26th of April a month before my GC 3rd anniversary. I doubt I shall be held up in security checks, very doubtful and my office are giving out 5 month processing times. I guess I will find out in 2 weeks.  I am very surprised Albany is behind and you haven't heard yet. As you are aware, they are transferring some cases to other field offices to sort out backlogs (I assume).  I hope you hear shortly! :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, shell20 said:

Absolutely it is security checks and organisation of the local office and processing times. When the security checks are quick and the field office processing times are short and also organised etc, then quite a few people receive emails regarding interviews prior to their 3rd or 5th year anniversary. I think someone on VJ in either 2012 or 2014 actually tracked the numbers and the correlation and came up with it and I just looked to see if there was any correlation with peoples timelines and such. There seems to be so. However, that was then, this is now with all the back logs. I do expect to hear from my local office around the 26th of April a month before my GC 3rd anniversary. I doubt I shall be held up in security checks, very doubtful and my office are giving out 5 month processing times. I guess I will find out in 2 weeks.  I am very surprised Albany is behind and you haven't heard yet. As you are aware, they are transferring some cases to other field offices to sort out backlogs (I assume).  I hope you hear shortly! :)

Not sure how Albany will fare since it seems that the western half of Connecticut is being assigned to the Albany office!

Oh, well.  Let's just wait and see. 

I actually DO appreciate the every-two-weeks "we're still working on your file and you don't need to do anything" notice we get every two weeks....

Susan

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

15 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Not sure how Albany will fare since it seems that the western half of Connecticut is being assigned to the Albany office!

Oh, well.  Let's just wait and see. 

I actually DO appreciate the every-two-weeks "we're still working on your file and you don't need to do anything" notice we get every two weeks....

Susan

I am sure that they will prioritize local cases and I am guessing they will send Connecticut cases to other offices too.  I have been looking at your timeline, hoping and wishing you will get a notice shortly. I don't know the wait time at your office, but I suspect if they are sending cases to it, then they are not overly back logged. 

I know what you mean about that message, its nice to receive updates than nothingness. I know @Derwood case was sent to NBC recently, a joint filing and I have said to them that they most likely will hear in a week or so a month before their 3rd anniversary, as their office isn't too bad logged right now and NBC arrange interviews to local field offices.  I guess we shall find out next week and find out about mine the week after.   Exciting times really. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

I am sure that they will prioritize local cases and I am guessing they will send Connecticut cases to other offices too.  I have been looking at your timeline, hoping and wishing you will get a notice shortly. I don't know the wait time at your office, but I suspect if they are sending cases to it, then they are not overly back logged. 

I know what you mean about that message, its nice to receive updates than nothingness. I know @Derwood case was sent to NBC recently, a joint filing and I have said to them that they most likely will hear in a week or so a month before their 3rd anniversary, as their office isn't too bad logged right now and NBC arrange interviews to local field offices.  I guess we shall find out next week and find out about mine the week after.   Exciting times really. :)

I am going to trust your every word you have typed or uttered. You can't beat those connections. Does your online status say in line for an interview? 

1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

I am going to trust your every word you have typed or uttered. You can't beat those connections. Does your online status say in line for an interview? 

No, I am not even sure they do that any more. People just seem to get a notice about an interview without the inline stuff. I wish it did say that, although I guess in 2 weeks we shall find out for sure if I am correct. Connections, wink, wink, nudge, nudge!  I wish!! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, trekkypj said:

16 hours ago, shell20 said:

How do we know when our case gets to the local office? How long does it usually take?

1 hour ago, dee&vee said:

How do we know when our case gets to the local office? How long does it usually take?

As above really. Depends on your local office processing times, security checks, whether you efiled or via mail and if you or not far off from your 3rd or 5th anniversary.  So I would suggest you look at your field processing times firstly. You wont know if its at the local office unless you are applying for joint ROC/N400 and not always then will you get a transfer note. What normally happens with N400 is that you will receive an email to say there is a document waiting for you there, thats if you have had your biometrics and past the security checks etc.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Is it certain that we will receive a notification( text/email) from USCIS once our interview is scheduled? Just wanna avoid checking the website everyday.. thats all!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, INCHAPE7 said:

Is it certain that we will receive a notification( text/email) from USCIS once our interview is scheduled? Just wanna avoid checking the website everyday.. thats all!

Nothing is ever certain, INCHAPE7, but I think the system is working pretty well these days.  If, for example, you are getting the bi-monthly "We are still working on your file" notices, then you know they have your email address correct!

Hoping that our month starts cranking soon.  Half of us are now two months into the process....

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

@Anabless and @CTgal18. I called USCIS around feb 19th and got L2 rep and she told me that it will be scheduled within 60 days. Today, I decided to call L2 and she said i should get an interview notice within next week ( end of 60 days period) if I don’t, I should give them a call.. so I assume that good news? We’ll see! 

1 hour ago, AmusingCamera said:

@Anabless and @CTgal18. I called USCIS around feb 19th and got L2 rep and she told me that it will be scheduled within 60 days. Today, I decided to call L2 and she said i should get an interview notice within next week ( end of 60 days period) if I don’t, I should give them a call.. so I assume that good news? We’ll see! 

Thanks for sharing! I hope they’re right and you get your interview notice soon!

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.