dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Angie135 said:

I have been reading this forum on the NVC process and i am a little confused so I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me clear up. 

I just received my I-130 approval. I understand that the next step is wait for USCIS to send my file to NVC. In the meantime, I can continue checking the USCIS website to see if they have already sent my file, but it typically takes up to 11 weeks, is that correct? 

Once NVC receives my file and assigns my invoice number, what happens? How will I know? will they contact me through mail? I read that some people call NVC weekly, but assuming that I don’t call them, how will I still get my invoice number? 

Also, I read that NVC will send me a check list and some forms. Are these the forms I’m supposed to fill in? Is there anywhere else I can find the updated forms? Because my spouse will be returning to the US soon to establish domicile and it might be better if we can have a rough idea of what we need before he leaves.

i apologize if these questions have already been asked elsewhere, but this stage of the process is a bit overwhelming so I appreciate your advice. 

It van take some time for USCIS to send your docs to nvc however it doesn't always take long. You can call the nvc # to find out if they have received your file. 

Once they verify they have received your files from USCIS. You can call to get your invoice number  etc. I did not wait for them to send a notice via email to me. I kept calling.. on the call you can give them all the email addresses you would like to be notified. 

Yes nvc will send you some info that you need to send in along with your Affidavit of support and other documents. You can find the affidavit of support form on the USCIS website i864. The other forms and fees you have to fill and pay will be on the ceac site. When you get your invoice number etc. You will be able to log into the ceac website. Note all the forms/fees  will not be available at once. As you complete one and they review the next step will become available. But you got to keep checking your ceac account.

Hope this helps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Angie135 said:

I have been reading this forum on the NVC process and i am a little confused so I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me clear up. 

I just received my I-130 approval. I understand that the next step is wait for USCIS to send my file to NVC. In the meantime, I can continue checking the USCIS website to see if they have already sent my file, but it typically takes up to 11 weeks, is that correct? -- no, depending on which center you have received noa2 from, it could take from few days to 6 weeks for NVC to receive your file.

Once NVC receives my file and assigns my invoice number, what happens? How will I know? will they contact me through mail? I read that some people call NVC weekly, but assuming that I don’t call them, how will I still get my invoice number? -- You can call NVC to get your case and invoice number and provide them with email address where they will communicate with you by sending the invoice for you to pay.

Also, I read that NVC will send me a check list and some forms. Are these the forms I’m supposed to fill in? Is there anywhere else I can find the updated forms? Because my spouse will be returning to the US soon to establish domicile and it might be better if we can have a rough idea of what we need before he leaves. -- Please check NVC wiki for list of documents you will need to send to them. There are plenty of threads as well where you can find information.

i apologize if these questions have already been asked elsewhere, but this stage of the process is a bit overwhelming so I appreciate your advice. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hey all! 

Question about the AOS. My wife (the US citizen sponsoring me and already living in the US) will have 'no' income from previous tax years (since she made her money here in the Netherlands befor moving back in October) but she *does* already had a job (and letter from her employer) showing that she earns over the required income threshold. 

So, I don't need a joint sponsor right? 

2 hours ago, seewolves said:

Hey all! 

Question about the AOS. My wife (the US citizen sponsoring me and already living in the US) will have 'no' income from previous tax years (since she made her money here in the Netherlands befor moving back in October) but she *does* already had a job (and letter from her employer) showing that she earns over the required income threshold. 

I'm using RapidVisa to review my petition and they told me that I needed a joint sponsor before they will send it to the NVC. I have a similar situation where I currently make enough to sponsor on my own, however my last tax return doesn't show that (I was still a student for the majority of the year and only worked part time). They said earning over the required income needs to be reflected in both current income and your last tax return so I would add a joint sponsor to be safe!

3 hours ago, seewolves said:

Hey all! 

Hi! I am the USC and I lived abroad in Ecuador in 2015 until July 2017. I filed taxes with Foreign earned income. (So I just I basically sent the IRS the amount I made and since it was under $108,000 a year, I was free of being taxed.  I requested Tax transcripts of those years.  Therefore when I sent my information to NVC, I sent my US job (since october 2017 with the same international organization)  which states I make more than 125% above poverty level for three people (myself, my son and my husband who is in Ecuador) I added a personal letter stating that I made X amount of money in Ecuador, along with a letter of my employer in Ecuador stating how much money I had made over the 7 month period. And my recent paystubs. I was cced on Jan 29th!!! So, I think if your wife sends a letter explaining how much money she made in total and how now she has a permanent position in the U.S. and makes more than the 125% above poverty level a year, you should be ok!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question. 

My husband filed his tax return, however, they need amendment and that will make his income lower. It will still be above the poverty guideline but lower. Should I take the amended income tax return with me, or since I already sent it the first one, thats the one I should stick to?

also, note, he filed for 2015 and 2016 last year, but IRS need both years to be adjusted for errors. 

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

9 hours ago, KarmelAnn said:

It van take some time for USCIS to send your docs to nvc however it doesn't always take long. You can call the nvc # to find out if they have received your file. 

Once they verify they have received your files from USCIS. You can call to get your invoice number  etc. I did not wait for them to send a notice via email to me. I kept calling.. on the call you can give them all the email addresses you would like to be notified. 

Yes nvc will send you some info that you need to send in along with your Affidavit of support and other documents. You can find the affidavit of support form on the USCIS website i864. The other forms and fees you have to fill and pay will be on the ceac site. When you get your invoice number etc. You will be able to log into the ceac website. Note all the forms/fees  will not be available at once. As you complete one and they review the next step will become available. But you got to keep checking your ceac account.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much! This is very helpful 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 01/02/2018 at 1:44 PM, scarlett262004 said:

I would call tomorrow or Monday to get scan date. It took 2 business days for my documents to be scanned in after they were received. Just remember NVC doesn’t use the term scan date so just ask when your documents were put into the system. 😊

Thanks a million most grateful... scan date is Nov 2 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, SME2017 said:

Is it possible that it takes 6 weeks to receive an NVC number ????

to receive case number from the time your documents are delivered to NVC ?  i sure hope not ..... 

my case was delivered to NVC on 22nd , I called NVC tonight they said no case # yet it can take UP to 2 weeks on  most occasion to receive your case #  

on average i have seen it taking from 10-20 days from the time they received your case ,   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.