dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Nepenhyah said:

OMG that would be a dream come true. 

Yea I am hoping before the end of February so we can still stand a chance at a March date. lol I was told they schedule in first week and last week of the month so..

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

2 minutes ago, Curiousmind said:

Yea I am hoping before the end of February so we can still stand a chance at a March date. lol I was told they schedule in first week and last week of the month so..

That is interesting.  I remember when I used the consulate a couple of times in Cairo, I was able to schedule myself in for slots on their website.  It was apropos to do so within two weeks to get a slot, but it was certainly better than waiting for these weird cycles haha. I wonder if the beginning and end of the month is when the officer typically conducts these interviews?  Where did you find this information?   :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nepenhyah said:

That is interesting.  I remember when I used the consulate a couple of times in Cairo, I was able to schedule myself in for slots on their website.  It was apropos to do so within two weeks to get a slot, but it was certainly better than waiting for these weird cycles haha. I wonder if the beginning and end of the month is when the officer typically conducts these interviews?  Where did you find this information?   :)

I read here in the forum that they said the do scheduling on the first and last week of the month. The last set of scheduling yesterday seems to be an exception. Im not sure. 

7 minutes ago, kareng5 said:

Hi My I-130 got Approved on Feb 8 TSC how can I know when its sent to NVC or when NVC gets it??

My Case status changed to Approved on Feb 11

Your status will change to send to Department of State and an email will be sent. Keep checking your status.

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

15 minutes ago, kareng5 said:

Hi My I-130 got Approved on Feb 8 TSC how can I know when its sent to NVC or when NVC gets it??

My Case status changed to Approved on Feb 11

The USCIS will send you a notification if you opted in for Text or Email alerts when it shifts your case to the Department of State.  For me it took exactly 7 days before USCIS did this.  Once it arrived to NVC it took another week before I was given steps and timelines and received correspondence from the NVC.  A case # and login was created shortly after.  I called to get my case # before it was emailed to me.  Typically this onboarding process takes 2-3 weeks in total from USCIS to NVC with Case Number; however some cases, although very few, have experienced greater gaps.   

12 minutes ago, Curiousmind said:

I read here in the forum that they said the do scheduling on the first and last week of the month. The last set of scheduling yesterday seems to be an exception. Im not sure. 

Your status will change to send to Department of State and an email will be sent. Keep checking your status.

Ah okay.  I wonder if each consulate is different then.  We shall see!  Thank you for answering.  :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, kubes said:

Congratulations. 🎊 you can start now. We have been calling like 4 times a day but sadly nothing yet. They have been telling us it should be any time now. The links are being created. Hope we get smth soon. 

Become a pest. A nice pest. Continue calling till you get the number.

Timeline
7 hours ago, dandydee said:

Congrats Lyn and Lan! I’m now at 3 weeks and 5 days ☹️ I’ve been calling at least twice a day. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor every time? Maybe that’s where I’m going wrong. It’s so frustrating- you wait months and months for a USCIS approval then think it’s smooth sailing once you get to the NVC stage only to be waiting longer than normal again!! I hope this doesn’t mean the rest of the NVC process is going to drag on.

Noooo @dandydee, 3 weeks and 5 days?!!! Become a pest, a nice pest. Call them at least 3 times, they will say your case is past due for a case number and will start asking for birth dates, names, etc., then send to a Supervisor. They asked me when I called after the 2 week mark. So, I got 3 Supervisor inquiries ( I didn't ask, they referred it for Supervisor Inquiry). Per adventure they don't ask you, very very nicely ask if a Supervisor can look into it. All the best and don't stop calling.

2 hours ago, Geodude850 said:

I got an e-mail from NVC stating my case number was changed from NWD to BMB- apparently they are "phasing out" New Delhi and all interviews will be held in Mumbai from now on. Anyone else received the same notification? SD 02/13. 

Whats the last 3 digits of your new number ? If they are phasing out then the number should be higher... did you read anywhere about phasing out?

6 minutes ago, NikC said:

Whats the last 3 digits of your new number ? If they are phasing out then the number should be higher... did you read anywhere about phasing out?

Yes, the last three digits are higher on my new case number. 

Here is the only other reference I can find: this was only for k1 it seems like. 

Timeline

I noticed that almost everyone with case Numb starting with "RID" who submitted their package from late December till date have their ceac webpage showing the same thing. We called 2days ago and was surprised when we were told that they haven't received our package yet. Does this mean they haven't received the package of everyone with the RID case Numb or is it just me. Besides,  I also read on the vj-wiki sometime ago that it is possible that an agent may not see a case Numb on their system if review hasn't started on that case. Please, if anyone knows how this works, kindly share more light on this topic. Thanks

IMG_20180216_042026_479.jpg

4 hours ago, Biljana said:

¡Estamos tan felices! Caso completado! SD 01/18 CC 02/15! ¡Gracias Dios!

Congratulations!!! 

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, k123 said:

AOS packet question: I am filing i-864 as a sponsor for my wife and I do not have any joint sponsors. On the document cover sheet it asks for "Proof of U.S. Status". Do I need to submit a document for it? (US citizen certificate copy, passport copy, driver license)

Let me know when u get an answer I am looking to make sure I put my package together without missing anything!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.