dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone, we are new to this group and I am not sure if we will actually be March filers? We received our NOA2 in January and the package was sent to the NVC Feb 13th. Now, from what I am reading here, it takes between 2-4 weeks to get a case number, am I right? 

Or is it just like the USCIS stage where some get an approval sooner and others, for some random reason, six weeks later (or more)? What can we expect from here on out? My husband is super excited and wants to start right away.

Also, I heard that the documents one is allowed to upload should not have more than 2 MB. Any advice on which software to use? We are filing with the new electronic system CEAC as far as I know as I am residing in Germany.

Any advice on what our timeline could look like is much appreciated! Are we February filers or March?

When did you start calling NVC? I am thinking that calling them now is way to early as the package just left yesterday. Would you advise us to call as of next week?

Edited by R&OC

1 hour ago, Rose Sharon said:

I just called and the lady told me that my documents are actually on the review so I’m going to hear from them soon. Hope everybody here will receive something soon 

That's great!  When I call they only give me the recited narrative about the process being 11 weeks.  Anyways, I really hope there is an order to this review process and that the DOS is reviewing a batch from this week. 

10 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Hi everyone, we are new to this group and I am not sure if we will actually be March filers? We received our NOA2 in January and the package was sent to the NVC Feb 13th. Now, from what I am reading here, it takes between 2-4 weeks to get a case number, am I right? 

Or is it just like the USCIS stage where some get an approval sooner and others, for some random reason, six weeks later (or more)? What can we expect from here on out? My husband is super excited and wants to start right away.

Also, I heard that the documents one is allowed to upload should not have more than 2 MB. Any advice on which software to use? We are filing with the new electronic system CEAC as far as I know as I am residing in Germany.

Any advice on what our timeline could look like is much appreciated! Are we February filers or March?

When did you start calling NVC? I am thinking that calling them now is way to early as the package just left yesterday. Would you advise us to call as of next week?

To be honest, the generation of a case number depends solely upon how quickly the service center sends your application upon I-130 approval.  I used Potomac, and they had sent my case to NVC in exactly 7 days.  After a few days in transit I received a welcome letter from the DOS.  I waited a week, and started calling, and was able to get a case number.  It also came via post the very next day.  So in all it is a 2-3 week process for case generation. 

You will likely be a March filer since you wont have all the fees paid, DS260 and DS261 and AOS sent in before March, but if you are proactive, I imagine you'll have a Scan Date in the second week of March! 

I mailed my docs in; however, you shouldn't have a problem loading docs with Adobe for any PDFs.  I think 2MB is generous for plain docs. 

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hbgarcia25 said:

SD of 1/22 got off the phone with NCV and they’re saying they haven’t reviewed my husbands police certificate now. When a couple of days ago they told me it was in review 😞 anyone have a CC close to my scan date? 

That sound like a checklist

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Jan 10,  NVC received from USCIS.

Jan 29,  Got case number and IIN number by calling, and submitted  DS-261.

Jan 31,  Paid AOS fee.

Feb 2,    Paid IV fee.

Feb 3,    Send AOS and IV submission by Email.

Feb 6,    DS-260 opens, submitted one day after.

Feb 12,  IV fee rejected, don't know why, nothing to do with the account balance. Paid it again.

Feb 13,  Got an email from NVC saying case number changed from GUZ********** to GZO**********

Timeline
41 minutes ago, R&OC said:

My service center was Potomac they mailed my husband's document to the do s one week after approval NVC received it two weeks later and assign my husband's case and invoice ID number two days later. But based on others who are currently waiting it seems like they've been having issues with assigning case and iin lately. Your service center only mailed your documents out yesterday so you have at least one to two weeks wait time before NVC receives it

Edited by Netta

We have SD jan 9.... Nothing yet. Why is there so much timedifference in waiting. Its seems for Some people to be days, other weeks and some even months. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hbgarcia25 said:

Already had a checklist this is my second scan date. 

I'm sorry that really sucks. Did you send the police certificate? 

38 minutes ago, Je_D_R said:

Hi All, 

Just checking in with update.

SD:  Jan 11th 

CC:  Feb 13th

Good luck to you all.

Br, J

Congrats

21 minutes ago, Netta said:

I'm sorry that really sucks. Did you send the police certificate? 

Congrats

1 hour ago, Je_D_R said:

Hi All, 

Just checking in with update.

SD:  Jan 11th 

CC:  Feb 13th

Good luck to you all.

Br, J

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
7 hours ago, Melencarnacion said:

Mine was received on 1/29 so a week later than yours but I keep getting the standard 'it takes about 2 weeks to get a case number'...obviously it's been just over 2 weeks but still frustrating when you're still so excited from finally getting your approval and you just want to move forward with this part of the process. I'll be watching for your updates to see if any of you get the case number assigned soon. 

mine was received on the 8th Jan

Timeline
2 hours ago, R&OC said:

Hi, congrats on your USCIS approval and welcome at the NVC stage. I'm filing with the new CEAC system , since I live in Germany. some others and me that have pivot case kind of came to the conclusion that pivot cases are kind of taking longer to get a CN and IIN assigned because their system has been down so often. mine was received on the 8th Jan and still waiting. I would suggest to just call whenever you feel like it and I really hope it doesn't take this long for you or anyone else for that matter. It's just insane. I would say prepare everything you need. get you police clearance "Fuehrungszeugniss" i got the erweiterte fuehrungszeugniss just to be sure. and prepare everything else, we even have our I-864 ready just not dated, scan them, you'll save yourself a lot of time. So that as soon as you get your CN and IIN you are ready to go 

Timeline
6 hours ago, dandydee said:

When did they recieve your cases? I’ll watch for your updates.

on the 8th Jan. And I'll watch for yours. I need a AA group:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.