dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jujubsweet said:

I have a question I paid the iv bill today but it won't let me pay the $325 and nvc is closed apparently! What should I do?

The IV fee is the one for 325. Prbably you paid the AOS for 120. The IV takes a few business days to be available to be paid. Keep on checking daily.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, WCH said:

I have the same issue. It does say "pay now" but it will take me back to the AOS fee not the IV

OK thank you!!!! :)

1 minute ago, WCH said:

I have the same issue. It does say "pay now" but it will take me back to the AOS fee not the IV

thank you luna!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 minutes ago, WCH said:

I had the same issue. I believe the IV Fee depends on your DS-261 being completed.

I paid my AOS fee on Jan 31st (it showed as paid on Feb 2nd) and submitted the DS-261 on Jan 29th.

My IV fee was finally invoiced today and I paid. So, seven business days for me from the DS-261 being submitted. 

4/22/17:   Got married in Mexico!

***I-130***

6/14/17:   I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

6/21/17:   NOA1 received by Potomac Service Center

12/26/17: I-130 approved

12/30/17: NOA2 received in the mail

1/2/18:      Case sent to NVC from Potomac

***NVC***

1/9/18:      Case received by NVC

1/24/18:    Case # and IIN obtained over the phone 

1/29/18:    Complete DS-261 

1/31/18:    Received NVC welcome letter and AOC invoice via email

1/31/18:    AOS fee paid

2/2/18:      AOS fee shows as paid on CEAC site

2/7/18:      IV fee invoiced and paid

2/12/18:    IV fee shows as paid on CEAC and DS-260 opens up

2/12/18:    Complete DS-260 

2/13/18:    IV and AOS packets sent to NVC

2/14/18:    IV and AOS packets delivered to NVC via FedEx

2/15/18:    Scan Date

3/12/18:    Case Complete

6/26/18:    Interview Scheduled

6/27/18:    Interview letter received via email

***CONSULATE***

*8/17/18:   Interview in Ciudad Juarez

Timeline
6 minutes ago, supernik87 said:

I had the same issue. I believe the IV Fee depends on your DS-261 being completed.

I paid my AOS fee on Jan 31st (it showed as paid on Feb 2nd) and submitted the DS-261 on Jan 29th.

My IV fee was finally invoiced today and I paid. So, seven business days for me from the DS-261 being submitted. 

Thanks for that info

Actually, on the nvc website under the "check template" it says "please note, you cannot pay for both fees simultaneously. That explains it..

More time to wait...ugh!!

2 hours ago, Jujubsweet said:

OK thank you!!!! :)

thank you luna!

I suggest that you guys call and ask about the status of your agent form. One of the reps did it for me over the phone since I had called. It was very simple. Less than 36 hours later I got the IV fee. It is either option 2 or 3 that's for to request the invoice. I usually like calling in the evenings. @Jujubsweet @WCH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 2:09 PM, scarlett262004 said:

There are still people with CC mid January waiting for interview dates. 

I got my CC on feb 02 and waiting to receive email too. I a, hoping to receive Interview soon too.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
10 hours ago, H.S said:

I got my CC on feb 02 and waiting to receive email too. I a, hoping to receive Interview soon too.. 

Oh congratulation!! Per you timeline, seems like you had sent AOS package on 1/29 and got CC on 02/02. Its so quick.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nurse1015 said:

Hey everyone. Called NVC today and they received all my papers! Now the waiting begins again.. is there anything I can do in the meantime? Can my husband start anything abroad??

Not really ,  you can start counting 8-11 weeks for CC ,   keep checking NVC website to see if you got CC already or not  every so often ,  

and your husband can start enjoying in joy :)   he is ALMOST  Done with this visa process and ALMOST here With you in few months !!!!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, H.S said:

Hi @H.S did you send in your documents on the 29th? Or they got it on that date? And if so, did you case really complete in 5 days?  Thats amazing!! Everytime I tell myself I wont start checking until 5 weeks and I see these timelines it just pumps my blood to keep calling lol 

After further review:

It appears you may have gotten a checkilist, is that right? I say this because your fees were paid from 12.18 so  wondering why you would send docs at end of January

Edited by Curiousmind
Further Review of Timeline
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.