dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2018

827 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

Do you know if for Islamabad we have to sign up for courier service? I read the instructions but it doesn’t really state on there or the options for it. Thanks for any replies. 

Nope when you will go to embassy they would ask you to give them two phone numbers. They will send passport through American express near to your location. You would pick from there

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Hello Everyone ,

I got an email on 30th January 2018 stating that they have received  all documentation for the case and I'm in queue awaiting an interview appointment. However each time I track my case online it shows "At NVC " so I decided to call NVC yesterday and the rep told me they are awaiting the embassy here (Nigeria) to tell them what dates they are holding interviews. Do you guys think it's a good idea to call the embassy and ask them how soon they can get in touch with NVC  regarding my case. I haven't  seen my husband in 2 years , I'm  going crazy over here.

Hello NellyBee, 

Congrats on your CC! At least you got a CC and it’s only interview left. I’ve also been separated from my husband a long time all coz of this processes. Please what was your scan date and how long did it take to get a case complete. I’m still waiting for a CC and my consulate is also Nigeria. Please enlighten me on how long yours took at least I can hope  I’ll get my CC soon. It’s crazy! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Curiousmind said:

Anyone with a SD in the  20's of January with a CC as yet?

My second scan date: 01/26/18 still waiting for a CC

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Long story, I could get a visiting visa and he couldn't come because of work and school. 

Nigeria is a tough embassy but be truthful to the CO that your husband haven't been able to visit cos of work&school.

You should get your interview date for April sooneat cos it seems March is filled already.

Goodluck on the remaining part of the journey,you are very close to the finish line 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, AJLove said:

Yes there is. You will see the list in drop down when you get to that point.

Hey did anything change on you ceac  status after they schedule your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
Just now, AJLove said:

Nope, no change.  Still says 'AT NVC'.

Oh ok was just curious. To know if it made sense just checking the site or if I should call as well....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, KarmelAnn said:

Oh ok was just curious. To know if it made sense just checking the site or if I should call as well....

Np, I had the same doubt in mind. Only way to find is to call them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Abies said:

Nigeria is a tough embassy but be truthful to the CO that your husband haven't been able to visit cos of work&school.

You should get your interview date for April sooneat cos it seems March is filled already.

Goodluck on the remaining part of the journey,you are very close to the finish line 

Thank you very much 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 5:14 PM, AJLove said:

Interview date: March 29th :jest:

Called NVC, and quick update: Email generation is complete, and we should be receiving the email in the next day or two.

8 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Hello Everyone ,

I got an email on 30th January 2018 stating that they have received  all documentation for the case and I'm in queue awaiting an interview appointment. However each time I track my case online it shows "At NVC " so I decided to call NVC yesterday and the rep told me they are awaiting the embassy here (Nigeria) to tell them what dates they are holding interviews. Do you guys think it's a good idea to call the embassy and ask them how soon they can get in touch with NVC  regarding my case. I haven't  seen my husband in 2 years , I'm  going crazy over here.

We are in the same boat my friend. I am also waiting for interview date in Lagos as well. My CC was 1/19/18 and I got that same email on 1/26/18 saying I am in queue for interview date. I call them every day but no date yet. I am not sure if calling the embassy in Lagos will make a difference but if you do please let me know. 

5 hours ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello NellyBee, 

Congrats on your CC! At least you got a CC and it’s only interview left. I’ve also been separated from my husband a long time all coz of this processes. Please what was your scan date and how long did it take to get a case complete. I’m still waiting for a CC and my consulate is also Nigeria. Please enlighten me on how long yours took at least I can hope  I’ll get my CC soon. It’s crazy! 

Well I am also waiting for interview date in Lagos. My scan date was 12/21/17 and CC was 1/19/18. I hope that helps.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bos said:

Well I am also waiting for interview date in Lagos. My scan date was 12/21/17 and CC was 1/19/18. I hope that helps.

Yes it really helped. But does it take this long to schedule an interview? Coz most of the comments have read for other countries they got their interview date within days to a week. Nig is complicated tho. Hopefully you get a date in March. All the best and congrats once again.

2 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Yes it really helped. But does it take this long to schedule an interview? Coz most of the comments have read for other countries they got their interview date within days to a week. Nig is complicated tho. Hopefully you get a date in March. All the best and congrats once again.

Am not sure why it's taking this long to get an appointment in Lagos. My guess will be they probably have a backlog of people waiting for interview. Yes as I can see from this forum with other people from different countries getting interview dates within 2 weeks after their CC. I call NVC everyday maybe that will put a little pressure on them to schedule the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.