1,601 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Some updates on my case. MY PD date is February 7, 2018 (in my timeline/signature)

I was frustrated since I had not received a single update on anything since my Biometrics. So I called the USCIS number and bypassed the automated prompt by following directions and pressing 1,2,2.

It landed me a very helpful Tier-1 officer, who asked me for my receipt number.

I started off with I-765 and I-131: she mentioned that I was within the processing time and that I could contact them once the date was up for an inquiry per the Case Processing Timings. She did mention that there was no update on the case or no other documents mailed to me since the Biometrics.

Then I asked about the I-485, and she was trying to confirm my DOB for the form and she mentioned that it didn't match with what I was saying (although I had the correct DOB on all other forms). So I opened my I-485 notice and voila, realized that I had messed up my DOB. What my wife or I, didn't realize while we proof read all our application forms in detail was that I swapped the last digit's in the Birth Month and the Birth Date. Such NOVICES! Arrghhhh....

The agent was very helpful and mentioned that this can be corrected - and to write a cover letter mentioning that it was a typographical mistake and send documentation to prove and correct the DOB (Passport/Birth Certificate).

Sent the letter last week - waiting for a response/some feedback...

What I have a question about - I got myself an Infopass appointment on July 26. I know that my case processing time will still not come up to February 7 at the time of the appointment. Does it make any sense in going for the appointment? If yes, what status updates can they help me with? Additionally - I was also thinking it might help in taking all the original documents with me to correct my DOB on the I-485, if they haven't corrected it already...

Thoughts/Comments appreciated!!

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For sure go! Your i485 ultimately is controlled by the field office and you are on the virtue of getting a full out denial if they cant fix the BC down the line. The infopass has potential officers who will get your file at end of the day or work with them, this your best chance to make sure this cover letter/fix get to them. Beyond that you can ask if they initiated FBI check, security name check etc...It is hard to say if truly any of your checks could have been started truly you could be looking at 5 more months of waiting.

Actually I may consider printing out a correct i485, if in the very low chance they ask for the forms all over again.

Edited by A&H2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone recieved a date for their interview after ead recieval this month? I recieved my ssn in the mail yesterday. One week after my combo card arrived.

09/12/17          Married my love

01/28/18          AOS Sent

02/01/18          AOS Recieved

02/10/18          NOA1 Text E-mail Notification recieved

02/15/18          NOA1 Hard Copies recieved

02/24/18          Biometrics Letter Received (Scheduled for March 9th)

03/02/18          RFIE Letter Received (I-864 form)

03/09/18          Biometrics Appointment Done!

03/15/18          Sent RFIE Response with Joint Sponsor

03/22/18          RFIE Received by USCIS (Email notification)

07/21/18          New Card is Being Produced (Notification)

08/14/18          Interview was scheduled

08/17/18          Received Notice Interview for 09/19/18

09/11/18          Received Cancellation Notice :( 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, Nikolet Kamenov said:

Has anyone recieved a date for their interview after ead recieval this month? I recieved my ssn in the mail yesterday. One week after my combo card arrived.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Etamkoos said:

EAD arrived a week ago today, SSN arrived on Tuesday and now case has updated to say an interview has been scheduled.  Feeling slightly overwhelmed! :energy:.

Hey Nikolet!  Yes. our interview date arrived about a week and a half after the arrival of the EAD.  Getting rather nervous now!

Edited by Etamkoos

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just got done with my Infopass Appointment - the IO mentioned that he didn't want to open my file since all my cases were just assigned to an officer on July 20. Guess that is good news.

Also, he mentioned not to worry about my DOB on the I-485. He said I did a good thing by sending out the Information to the NBC with all the documentation. If anything is incorrect, they would send me an RFE or would just ask me during the interview for any update.

He also mentioned that since my case was just assigned to an IO/Adjudicator (and he/she has the responsibility for all I-485, I-131 and I-765), I should expect something soon with the EAD/AP combo card.

Feeling a little relieved! Hoping I get something in the mail or a change in status online soon. Fingers crossed!

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 7/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, Zulu Flights said:

Do we still have February fliers that have not received EAD/AP yet?

I've been waiting like forever :rolleyes:... No updates after my Biometrics/RFE 

I have not yet either.  Like you, I haven't had any updates since they received the biometrics fee. 

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Willy Wilcox said:
On 7/14/2018 at 8:25 PM, Zulu Flights said:

Do we still have February fliers that have not received EAD/AP yet?

I've been waiting like forever :rolleyes:... No updates after my Biometrics/RFE 

I have not yet either.  Like you, I haven't had any updates since they received the biometrics fee. 

I haven't received either yet either.  I applied Feb 26, did biometrics Mar 28, got an RFE dated March 26/RFE was marked as received & case taken off hold April 24, and the only update since was May 30 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." My automatic email alerts telling me there has been no change on my case now uses June 26 as the last date of action on my case, which makes me think they probably sent my case over to the field office.

I think in terms of the EAD/AP, the RFE has slowed it down. Frustrating , because our RFE was likely due to USCIS overlooking evidence. They said that we had stated a sufficient income amount for husband on the I-864 but had not included any evidence for it (we had, in the form of his tax records). They wanted details like employment letters, paystubs for past 6 months, etc. But, as our lawyer noted, they seemed to completely miss the fact that we had filed to use his father as joint sponsor (also using an I-864A to include his mother) and had included quite a bit of documentation for them such as tax records, Social Security letters etc. and which well exceeded the income requirement for my application. We had done this because my husband is a car salesman, and his income has fluctuated so greatly that our lawyer thought our case would be much stronger using a joint sponsor. In effect, USCIS ignored the joint sponsorship completely. But we gathered all requested info anyway, and lawyer wrote a strong reaffirming statement that while we were happy to provide the info on husband, we were still using a joint sponsor, as we recognized how his fluctuating income complicated things. They accepted the response just fine. In terms of EAD/AP, I was optimistic a couple of weeks ago that it was just around the corner, but now I think that since most of the people who applied around my time have received cards already (I'm at 152 days now), mine will be along in 3-4 weeks, the time that my case was on hold for the dumb RFE. Hopefully sooner :unsure: . (I know they have must have reasons, just venting a bit, haha).

Well we got an RFE in the mail yesterday asking for my 2017 tax return. Obviously I sent our AOS packet before I filed my taxes this year, so no biggy! Just sent our response back in the mail today. The officer assigned to our case is in Missouri. I am hoping once they receive the info, it won't take long after to get approved! Fingers crossed! Congrats to all the other Feb filers who have heard some good news!! Take care everybody..

Feb 1st - Overnighted AOS packet
Feb 2nd - Arrived at Chicago location
Feb 15th - Text from USCIS case was recieved
Feb 20th - I-797 AOS acceptance letter
                   I-797 AOS processing letter

Feb 28th - Biometrics Apt Letter
March 5th - Biometrics Appointment

July 26th - RFE Letter

Hey guys,

I received my combo card yesterday, i thank God. The wait has been long and very frustrating but the card finally came through. Waiting for my ssn now.  How long does it take to receive the ssn card?

I know some of you haven’t heard anything  yet but they are working on the Feb filers for sure, hang in there, your approvals are on the way. 

1 minute ago, Vanessa-Mlai said:

Congratulations!  

So you filed your case in Feb? 

Im in Feb 2th, but nothing updated! :(:(

Yes Vanessa, i filed in Feb too. They received it on the 20th at NBC

Hold on just a little longer yours is on the way too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.