1,601 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, MelandJason said:

Hahaha yes Isnt very many civil surgeon here, I am start working in a clinic so I want see what vaccines I need to do it here with my insurance, this is the other thing they told that to get the results could take even a month!! First I need to go over there talk with a nurse, check my recorded of vaccines and get the lab and after that they are going to call me again to go with the doctor for an appointment 😑 and afterrrrr that we have to go and pick the results!!! Is an hour from were I live to the city!! And my husband is the one that drive because I dont know how to drive in icy roads yet 😬 we can loose time if I want my medical ready before the interview... do you know what vaccines I need?? 

If you do not have your immunization records, then you would just get blood titers. Those tests ascertain that you have either had the disease or received an immunization to protect you. There are some vaccines that you would not re-administer because it is not clinically appropriate. 

Look through I-693 form. They are all listed there. I would also recommend reading the I-693 instructions. They are a separate document. It is important to know what the doctor is expected to do. For example, you are supposed to sign the form in their presence. Sometimes they do not sign it. 

One last thing, if you got the BCG vaccine as a child, know that may cause a false positive result when they test you for TB. If you know you've had that vaccine, inform the civil surgeon. They are suppose to skip the X-ray and go straight to a blood test. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

If you do not have your immunization records, then you would just get blood titers. Those tests ascertain that you have either had the disease or received an immunization to protect you. There are some vaccines that you would not re-administer because it is not clinically appropriate. 

Look through I-693 form. They are all listed there. I would also recommend reading the I-693 instructions. They are a separate document. It is important to know what the doctor is expected to do. For example, you are supposed to sign the form in their presence. Sometimes they do not sign it. 

One last thing, if you got the BCG vaccine as a child, know that may cause a false positive result when they test you for TB. If you know you've had that vaccine, inform the civil surgeon. They are suppose to skip the X-ray and go straight to a blood test. 

Thank you!! Yes I had that vaccine and They told me that they now are doing blood test for TB, I am going look that because I need my records about last octuber my flu shot and this week hepatitis b and also I have my immunization records from my country... and I hate needlesssss!!! 

:)Our timeline AOS:)

Jan/30/2018    Filed via UPS 2 says    

Feb/01/2018    Package delivered (Chicago locxbox)

Feb/01/2018    Priority date (in the hard copies)

Feb/09/2018    Checks cashed

Feb/15/2018    Lawyer got NOA1

Feb/16/2018    We got our NOA1

Feb/24/2018    Biometrics appoiment letter in the mail

Mar/03/2018   Courtesy letter in the mail (medical not sent)

Mar/07/2018   Biometrics appointment schedule (Done)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys, we just got our interview notice for Mar 11. 😁😁😁

I heard that the medical examination only good for a year, do I have to redo the examination to bring it with me to the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys!

We are in Houston so probably the slowest office possible... when would you consider renewing the EAD and AP?  It's still valid until July but just wondering since it took 5 months to get it maybe I should file for renewal now? ... really starting to be worried that we won't get our interview before July... what do you guys think?    (... why is Houston office so slow :( )

Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, isa_bella said:

Hey guys. When are y'all planning to renew your EADs? Can we do it 6 months before expiration since processing takes almost 6 months now?

been wondering the same thing? did you ended up filing for a renewal?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Lola B said:

Hello guys!

We are in Houston so probably the slowest office possible... when would you consider renewing the EAD and AP?  It's still valid until July but just wondering since it took 5 months to get it maybe I should file for renewal now? ... really starting to be worried that we won't get our interview before July... what do you guys think?    (... why is Houston office so slow :( )

ok responding to my own post lol... I field for renewal. It's free and better be safe than sorry. I did not apply for the AP, not sure if it will be automatically renewed but EAD is the most important. 

Filed: Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 11:19 AM, Nikku777 said:

It's been 4 months since my interview and I have'nt heard back from USCIS , no change in the status it says interview scheduled , is there anyone who faced this situations , any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks

This happened to me Personally back in the day. The best solution to resolve it. You need to schedule an Info Pass go with your spouse to the field office.

Tell the officer that during the Interview you were recommended for approval but nothing happened. If they refused to help you or they are not co-operative then request to speak with a USCIS Director or Supervisor. Explain to him the situation again.

It happened to me several years ago. I had big argument with the officers about it. Also , They lie sometimes and tell you , You should wait for another year or so.

Don't give up easily. Just schedule an Infopass and keep pressing on them with your US citizen spouse.

I did that and I got approval same day and the green card came in the mail 2 weeks after.

What happens sometimes. The officer who approved. He didn't post the approval on the system.

But the officers will keep misleading you because they are slackers and they treat immigrants worse than animals and beggars.

If someone just spent 5 minutes looking at your file, They will see the approval and post it in the system then you will get card production ordered

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys...I am wondering if I can file tax with my wife as Married but not Jointly... Coz as it is, if we are filed jointly she end up paying more refund back to both state and federal tax, but if we filed as Married but seperate she end up paying less on the tax refund and I get some refund by filing Separately but married. I will like to know if that will have no effect on our interview as we await the dates even though we just had a baby. Thanks

Edited by UncleAK

Hello guys...I am wondering if I can file tax with my wife as Married but not Jointly... Coz as it is, if we filed jointly she end up paying more refund back on both state and federal tax, but if we filed as Married but seperate she end up paying less on the tax refund and I get some refund by filing Separately but married. I will like to know if that will have no effect on our interview as we await the dates even though we just had a baby. Thanks

My wife and I just had our AOS Marriage Interview.  The interview went pretty smooth, but at the end of it, the interviewer told us that there is currently an issue with our i129f not being cleared for her to continue with the process.  She said that those in charge of the i129f are supposed to have it copied, then shred the originals, but for some reason it's stuck in that position.  Because of that there is a delay.  The Reason for Continuance states:  "Your is being held for review."  She also mentioned that they may ask for more documents, and they might ask us for another interview (she did say that she doesn't think that will happen).

Has anyone experienced this?  It wasn't exactly clear what she meant, but I got from it that it isn't an issue with us and that we just need them to clear it.  One big issue is my wife needs to go to back to her home country in about a month.  She does have her EAD/AP card, but from what I've read it is no longer valid since we had our interview.  

On 2/9/2019 at 11:56 AM, Lola B said:

Hello guys!

They just sent interview letter to 11/27/17, I believe it won't be long for us!

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

On 2/27/2019 at 5:04 PM, isa_bella said:

Are you serious?!?! They're in Nov 2017 already? How do you know? 

Facebook group for 485 Texas filers

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, txkangaroo said:

They just sent interview letter to 11/27/17, I believe it won't be long for us!

Based on my calculation I am hoping sometimes in June... just got my NOA for renewals of EAD and AP... I rather be safe than sorry. 

20 hours ago, Lola B said:

Based on my calculation I am hoping sometimes in June... just got my NOA for renewals of EAD and AP... I rather be safe than sorry. 

I think my interview will be in June too.. Got my NOA in January, hopefully I can use the GC for oversea travel for Christmas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.