1,601 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 4:19 PM, karor said:

Had my interview yesterday and was approved on the spot. Got an email this morning that the card is in production. 

Im so happy that you went through! Wouldn't want one more person getting cancelled. 

09/12/17          Married my love

01/28/18          AOS Sent

02/01/18          AOS Recieved

02/10/18          NOA1 Text E-mail Notification recieved

02/15/18          NOA1 Hard Copies recieved

02/24/18          Biometrics Letter Received (Scheduled for March 9th)

03/02/18          RFIE Letter Received (I-864 form)

03/09/18          Biometrics Appointment Done!

03/15/18          Sent RFIE Response with Joint Sponsor

03/22/18          RFIE Received by USCIS (Email notification)

07/21/18          New Card is Being Produced (Notification)

08/14/18          Interview was scheduled

08/17/18          Received Notice Interview for 09/19/18

09/11/18          Received Cancellation Notice :( 

21 hours ago, Nikolet Kamenov said:

Im so happy that you went through! Wouldn't want one more person getting cancelled. 

Thank you! They did say Boston is so backed up they got a huge amount of cases transferred to them so I really hope your file comes soon and you get your interview!

Hello All,

Here's a summary of my AOS interview which happened this morning. 

Appointment time 8:00 am Charlotte field office . Reached the office at 7:50 am (the traffic was insane I live about an hour an half away from Charlotte took me almost 2.5 hours to get there). The security officer asked for our id's and the interview notice . We then waited for the officer to call us for the interview, the officer was very professional and very kind. She walked us through the corridor and took us to the interview room. The interview went pretty smooth , she did ask what our story was ( how we met , when/where we got married, how many people attended , living situation ) she probably asked questions for a good 10-15 mins . After that she asked if anything has changed or if we have any other paper work that we would like to add to the file , I gave her copies of our house deed , latest jointly filed tax return , recent bank statements and our daughters birth certificate. Then she asked us for the wedding album , she went through the album and randomly would ask regarding what was going on during the picture was taken , after that she proceeded to ask I-485 yes/no questions (which took forever) and then she said she was going to approve both I-130 & I-485 . She did say the final approval has to come from another office which I guess is a formality :) Finally we are done the GC journey , I would like to thank all the people in the forum and this website for all the information on here . Also I wisj everyone who is in the process all the very best . 

8 hours ago, Nikku777 said:

Hello All,

Here's a summary of my AOS interview which happened this morning. 

Appointment time 8:00 am Charlotte field office . Reached the office at 7:50 am (the traffic was insane I live about an hour an half away from Charlotte took me almost 2.5 hours to get there). The security officer asked for our id's and the interview notice . We then waited for the officer to call us for the interview, the officer was very professional and very kind. She walked us through the corridor and took us to the interview room. The interview went pretty smooth , she did ask what our story was ( how we met , when/where we got married, how many people attended , living situation ) she probably asked questions for a good 10-15 mins . After that she asked if anything has changed or if we have any other paper work that we would like to add to the file , I gave her copies of our house deed , latest jointly filed tax return , recent bank statements and our daughters birth certificate. Then she asked us for the wedding album , she went through the album and randomly would ask regarding what was going on during the picture was taken , after that she proceeded to ask I-485 yes/no questions (which took forever) and then she said she was going to approve both I-130 & I-485 . She did say the final approval has to come from another office which I guess is a formality :) Finally we are done the GC journey , I would like to thank all the people in the forum and this website for all the information on here . Also I wisj everyone who is in the process all the very best . 

Congratulations!

This is great news abd thanks for the info. We are still waiting for an update on ours hoping it’s soon.  

Got my GC today!! 

Here is how our interview went at Johnston, RI office one week ago:

scheduled for 10:15am arrived at 9:45am. Room had quite a few single people waiting  - every single couple was interviewed separately - USC first with the non citizen second. Husband got called in at 10am and took about 40 minutes which seemed to be taking forever, the room had tv on and was really cold to make you feel uncomfortable I assume. Around 10:40 husband came out and I was interview for about 20 minutes. Husband got asked how did we start dating,  when did we get married, who attended the wedding - the interviewer asked while looking at a picture that on the bottom said who was in the picture. Asked if he or I take any vitamins and when husband said that I do he asked where I keep them (this question was never given to me), who lives with us in the house, what trips have we taken, what trips are we planning, we have submitted a lot of receipt from dinner that we do on his day off so he got asked about it and was ages where we went for our 1st anniversary and what did we eat, if we are into wines and etc., how many kids are we planning, are we actively trying. My interview was simple and easy - the IO had an incredible skill of making you feel comfortable and want to share, to every thing I said he had a story back so he made me feel like we are friends. I was asked both of our names, address, date of marriage, how did we meet what did we have on our first anniversary, got asked almost all I-485 questions, also what did I study, if I had met his parents and where they live. Asked about past and future trips. 

I think that is all we got asked, at the end he asked me if I have any questions which I said no but he kept saying are you sure? then he explained how removing conditions work and citizenship and said if he has everything he will approve the day or latest next day. We were approved next day and got GC this morning. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi folks, have our interview next week @San Antonio Field Office.

Just posted this in the main forum (Marriage based AOS Interview Advice) vs the reports forum...

Any help comments are welcome....

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

1 hour ago, bombayburpster said:

Just posted this in the main forum (Marriage based AOS Interview Advice) vs the reports forum...

Here's a summary of my AOS interview which happened this morning. 

Appointment time 8:00 am Charlotte field office . Reached the office at 7:50 am (the traffic was insane I live about an hour an half away from Charlotte took me almost 2.5 hours to get there). The security officer asked for our id's and the interview notice . We then waited for the officer to call us for the interview, the officer was very professional and very kind. She walked us through the corridor and took us to the interview room. The interview went pretty smooth , she did ask what our story was ( how we met , when/where we got married, how many people attended , living situation ) she probably asked questions for a good 10-15 mins . After that she asked if anything has changed or if we have any other paper work that we would like to add to the file , I gave her copies of our house deed , latest jointly filed tax return , recent bank statements and our daughters birth certificate. Then she asked us for the wedding album , she went through the album and randomly would ask regarding what was going on during the picture was taken , after that she proceeded to ask I-485 yes/no questions (which took forever) and then she said she was going to approve both I-130 & I-485 . She did say the final approval has to come from another office which I guess is a formality :) Finally we are done the GC journey , I would like to thank all the people in the forum and this website for all the information on here . Also I wisj everyone who is in the process all the very best

3 hours ago, Nikku777 said:

Finally we are done the GC journey , I would like to thank all the people in the forum and this website for all the information on here . Also I wisj everyone who is in the process all the very best

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Did the officer take another photo of you (beneficiary) on the interview day? Is the photo in your GC the same one as the one in your EAD?

Spoiler

Aug 2011 - Arrived on F1 visa

09/06/2015 Started exchanging messages

10/13/2015 We met in person

07/01/2017 We got engaged!

10/31/2017 We got married!

11/08/2017 AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

(Priority Mail - USPS autocorrected zipcode to 60680-4187)

11/12/2017 Package delivered (Delayed due to USPS mistakenly took it to 60624 and Veteran's Day) 

11/13/2017 Received Date (Priority Date)

11/21/2017 Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (01:30 AM EST); checks cashed

11/28/2017 Received 4 NOA1 hard copies

12/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for i-485 and i-765)

12/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment

01/08/2018 **I-765 and I-131 Approved** (61 days)

01/16/2018 %%Received combo card%% (tracking shows USCIS sent it on Jan 11 from MO, then Jan 15 USPS closed for MLK day) 

01/20/2018 Received approval letters for EAD and AP

09/20/2018 Received text 'Interview was scheduled' and interview notice will be mailed

09/27/2018 Received Interview notice by mail

10/25/2018 Interview day

10/26/2018 I-485 case status updated to "We ordered your new card"

10/29/2018 Case Status updated to "We approved your Form I-485"

10/31/2018 Case Status updated to "We mailed your new card"

11/01/2018 My card was picked up by the USPS with tracking number assigned

11/05/2018 Green Card Received 

Side note: I turned my maiden name into second middle name. In the combo card, my given name is First Firstmiddleinitial, however on the back of the card, they attempted to list my second middle name. 

My application package:

Interview Experience:

11 hours ago, bombayburpster said:

We also have our interview in San Antonio next week, Wednesday! I'm hoping we get somebody nice lol

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

15 hours ago, ColoradoBeauty said:

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Did the officer take another photo of you (beneficiary) on the interview day? Is the photo in your GC the same one as the one in your EAD?

Yes the officer did take another photo after she had me scan my finger print, I haven't received the GC yet , Ill let you know once I have the card in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.