JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2018 at 4:29 AM, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Still not working. I am working today so I think I may choose to set on hold and speak with a live and helpful person to alleviate my stress

Mine never worked until a month or so later. Shrugs. I never worried. Calling often gets you no where. Just my opinion. Just have to be patient. You got case numbers which means you have cases. Half the time the tracker never works anyway. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 3/5/2018 at 2:03 PM, S*UK said:

Yea, it really does vary state to state. Thats good, I wish they did that here. We are going to go and talk to someone again. We are in a strange situation because as a military dependent I don't legally need to have an in state license even though my residence is here. But we don't know if that means I can continue using my UK license or if that only applies to other states licenses. When I first went to the DMV they offered me the same thing you describe. A license that would expire once my K1 expired. Pretty useless to me at the time unfortunately. Hopefully I will get the issue resolved somehow. Otherwise, more waiting. 

One can legally drive, buy a car and get Insurance on a foreign license. I have a UK license which I am using to drive as well. As far as how long you can drive depends totally state law. For example Texas allows 1 year on a foreign license and Illinois allows 3 months only

AOS Timeline 

01/24/2018   Filed via Fedex 

01/30/2018   Package Delivered

02/06/2018   NOA1 text/email received

02/10/2018   NOA1 received formal copy by mail

02/17/2018   Biometrics letter received

02/21/2018   Early Bio walk-in unsuccessful<_<

03/01/2018   Biometrics Completed !!

03/03/2018   Courtesy letter to bring updated I-693 at the Interview

04/03/2018   Scheduled for Interview

05/07/2018   Interview Completed " Case under review"

07/02/2018   "We approved your case" for I-765 and I-131"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Biometrics done today at Elizabeth NJ USCIS office. IN and out in about twenty minutes. The biometrics were for AOS and EAD not AP.  I read somewhere on this forum that they are doing a combo card of AP and EAD. Would that be the reason for not having specifically noted on the notice and the process at the USCIS office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, pajobra said:

Mine never worked until a month or so later. Shrugs. I never worried. Calling often gets you no where. Just my opinion. Just have to be patient. You got case numbers which means you have cases. Half the time the tracker never works anyway. 

Oh I agree. But it’s still a tangible action I feel like I’m taking. The lady was super polite and nice and just said it can take a month for the online thing to update. On another note I made the infopass appt to get my wife’s biometrics done. May not speed up the overall process but at least the little things will be completed. 

Timeline
On 3/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, S*UK said:

@Missabc Im glad it all went smoothly for you in the end!

It amazes me how a lot of these places can be so unorganised/uniformed. I've already experienced it a number of times. First of all the social security centre wrongly arguing with me about whether I was entitled to work or not (they assured me over and over that I can legally work in the US... SMH). Then the DMV telling me I couldn't get a license without a green card (essentially), despite their very own website saying I could use the NOA1 along with my visa/ I-94 as proof of legal presence. 

Anyway, I do have some good news.... I got my hard copies for AP and AOS on Saturday... still waiting on the EAD though :) Not too worried because I got the 3 texts and emails.

Hope everyone is doing well and coping with the long wait. :star:

How long did it take to get your work permit after the AOS application

AOS Timeline 

15 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Biometrics done today at Elizabeth NJ USCIS office. IN and out in about twenty minutes. The biometrics were for AOS and EAD not AP.  I read somewhere on this forum that they are doing a combo card of AP and EAD. Would that be the reason for not having specifically noted on the notice and the process at the USCIS office?

We have similar timelines. I have my biometrics on Tuesday March 13. Im in NY! Keep us updated when you get the work permit lol 

12 hours ago, harhad said:

How long did it take to get your work permit after the AOS application

If you mean the EAD NOA1 hard copy, I still haven't got it yet. But then again we haven't checked the mail since Monday. We are in the middle of moving so we put our mailing address as a PO Box to prevent it from being sent to the wrong place. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, HappyBunny said:

Woo hoo! Hello everyone. I just got my biometrics appointment for March 13! 

1 hour ago, HappyBunny said:

We have similar timelines. I have my biometrics on Tuesday March 13. Im in NY! Keep us updated when you get the work permit lol 

We have similar timeline r u on K1

18 hours ago, harhad said:

One can legally drive, buy a car and get Insurance on a foreign license. I have a UK license which I am using to drive as well. As far as how long you can drive depends totally state law. For example Texas allows 1 year on a foreign license and Illinois allows 3 months only

Yea, so the rules here aren't very clear cut. Basically, anyone residing in North Carolina has 60 days to get a NC DL. In those 60 days I used my UK license but now of course I can't get the NC license. Its all very complicated because this rule doesn't apply to military and their dependents. But I don't know if I can continue using my UK license or if that 'waiver' only applies to other US licenses. lol, confusing. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I sent off our package ( my wife and my 2 kids 11 and 8 years old) on the 22nd of February and got a delivery confirmation on the 26th. Now the waiting begins. I want to wish everyone good luck and let us continue to support each other. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, HappyBunny said:

Hii. No, im not. I am adjusting my status based on marriage. I got married to a USC in October 2017. 

You r so fast and i wish you all the best. My package waa delivered on the 4th till now now biometrics i added my children may be that is the reason 

Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

If you mean the EAD NOA1 hard copy, I still haven't got it yet. But then again we haven't checked the mail since Monday. We are in the middle of moving so we put our mailing address as a PO Box to prevent it from being sent to the wrong place. 

Yup that was definitely smart on your part. I called the National Customer Service Centre (NSCS) for a courtesy letter i received about my medical I-693 form and the officer said a couple of times that as long as you keep on responding to the mails which i receive in a timely manner my application will keep on moving.  

AOS Timeline 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, HappyBunny said:

Great. Hopefully we will be getting good news at the same time. When my fiancé did the biometrics the customer service person said now just wait for the green card in the mail. If only things were that easy!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

just got notified that they cashed the Cheque today :) submitted on feb 17 and they received it on the 19. @Martella&T and just keepin you  in the loop and @HappyBunny I’m in nyc too! But was on the k1 visa

Edited by Ariel&Mahum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.