robburnsefc

Running Out of Time

113 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And others who haven't yet started their journey who have found VJ, should have figured out as much before getting to #88 in this thread.

Should have figured out as much. But then again considering post #83 STILL believes an expedite is a viable option, you just never know.

Well, for 83 and for the other thread about expediting processing, etc, they can all try if they want - call their congressional office and find out. I think the answer is pretty assured, but after they get advice here, it's their dime, not ours, so whatevs. (I don't think anyone would read around VJ and then decide to schedule the fancy wedding too soon, banking on expedited service, but you're right. You never know . . . .)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ive been on VJ a long time, and everyday when i come on it amazes me when i see new members try their hardest to either find a way to expedite their petition or find some retard shortcut to get the visa process done faster. and then when given advice from a vj member who has been here much longer, the advice is lashed at as if the older member knows diddly squat about any of this process.

And i really believe in the FAQ's should be in BOLD lettering, "DO NOT PLAN OR PAY FOR A WEDDING BEFORE APPROVAL OF INTERVEW" my goodness, its common sence to me, this is USCIS, they are SLOW, and even if they are not, no one knows how backed up the embassy may be come interview time.

The immigration process is stressful and hectic, (for the new members) WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN THRU IT OR (for some) ARE STILL GOING THRU IT!!! When given some advice, take it into thought, dont argue back about it.

My best advice and any of the newbies can take it or leave it, sit back and relex, its not an easy process, and no matter what you do it wont be any easier. Dont go by other ppl's timelines to make YOURS. NONE of us are the same or in the same situation, and everyone will have different timelines.

If you choose to do things wrongly, then your only punishing yourself, when advised not to do it, and still doing it, then omg you will only have yourself to blame.

USCIS is not fair, NO, omg news flash!!! :blink: BUT they are the ones who make the final choice in what happens with your petition. again, sit back, enjoy some OT on VJ and just wait til your time comes for rejoicing! Trying to make shortcuts in the immigration process will ONLY hurt YOU!

Oh and btw your congressional office will not do anything about an expidited petition unless its VERY important.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I'm just sharing news that I was given from a Congressman's office in Washington and they were aware I was referrring to wedding plans. Like I said, every case is treatly on an individual basis. Different people get different treatment, fair or unfair!

02.08.07-mailed I-129F

02.13.07-I-129F received in TX

02.20.07-NOA1 mailed from Cali

02.27.07- NOA1 received snail mail

04.11.07- married in Norway & withdrew fiance petition

04.12.06- DCF in Norway, mailed I-130 to Embassy

04.13.07-Interview scheduled for 05.02.07!!!!

05.02.07- VISA APPROVED

I suppose there's no reason why the congressman can't ask for a case to be expedited on that basis.

Doesn't mean the service center will comply.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ofcorse the congressman can ask, but i see 0% chance of uscis saying " oh goody lets do it, wed hate to ruin their marriage, lets push EVERYONE ahead of them to the back for this" :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

According to Huskerkiev, he said that the USCIS had a limited time to answer a congressional request. So they DO get pulled per congressional request, fair or unfair. Its up to the congressmen if they want to help or not.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

According to Huskerkiev, he said that the USCIS had a limited time to answer a congressional request. So they DO get pulled per congressional request, fair or unfair. Its up to the congressmen if they want to help or not.

Yes, the case will likely get pulled. But having it looked at is no guarantee of approval. My guess is they'd look at why she wants it expedited and will say 'she can wait her turn' - and in it goes back in the stack.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I think they have 30 days to respond to a congressional office asking "what's up," but the act of asking DOESN'T magically get you approved. I think his implication that it does is either outdated or incorrect. Or, another likely option, people tend to ask around the time when they're hitting the average-processing-time point anyway (2.9 months, not the BS website time). Correlation doesn't equal causation.

And I don't think it's a matter of fair or unfair. They won't expedite it unless they determine it meets the criteria - which - by all accounts, we don't know exactly, but the threshold is REALLY HIGH. If someone wants to ask, go nuts. If they get helped and expedited, hell, whatever.

There's much more fundamentally unfair in the disparity between VSC and everyone else anyway. If I had a way to move it along faster . . . well, I love you guys, but I'd do it. And I would expect you to do the same, and were I the foreign fiance waiting and thought my beloved weren't trying to move heaven and earth, I'd be pissed!

But of course, again, for this particular OP, it was never asked if there were grounds for expediting the process. It was someone else's suggestion - and not even a recommendation - just information about processes that are out there. Even if the OP doesn't try to go that route, or if it is unavailable, doesn't mean the process doesn't exist.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

Timeline

Yes, the case will likely get pulled. But having it looked at is no guarantee of approval. My guess is they'd look at why she wants it expedited and will say 'she can wait her turn' - and in it goes back in the stack.

I doubt the congressional office would even go to bat when "we'll lose the deposit on the caterer" is the reason for the request. "I'm dying," "she/he is dying," "I'm deploying" - those sound like stronger reasons for expediting service.

(But I do agree that even if the case gets "pulled" - and I don't think it does, I think the offices go through pretty much the same inquiries that we can do with the phone number and website, in most cases - just looking at the file doesn't mean they'll approve it while their at it.)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

I'm just sharing news that I was given from a Congressman's office in Washington and they were aware I was referrring to wedding plans. Like I said, every case is treatly on an individual basis. Different people get different treatment, fair or unfair!

TimsDaisy,

I was mainly replying to this post of soon2bmarried.

But I agree with you - I don't think a congressional person would even ask for an expedite on that basis, but soon2bmarried stated otherwise. :blink:

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

TimsDaisy,

But I agree with you - I don't think a congressional person would even ask for an expedite on that basis, but soon2bmarried stated otherwise. :blink:

Perhaps a congressman from a state that files through VSC? Just to add insult to injury? :lol:

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But if you also remember what Husker said is that they in all likelihood they will just process the case than to officially respond with the reasons for not processing, because it is the path of lesser resistance....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If a congressional or senate office liaison is stupid enough to request an expedite based on money to be lost on wedding plan deposits, they should lose their job IMO. What a complete waste of time that would be for everyone involved. Expedites for I-129Fs are for serious situations - medical emergencies and military deployment. And even then, they are not easy to obtain.

Filed: Timeline

TimsDaisy,

Perhaps a congressman from a state that files through VSC? Just to add insult to injury? :lol:

My congressperson (a family friend) inquired about our I-129f during the IMBRA business, have no idea if it helped but the info I got back was it will be done in 30 days & it was. Mind you, IMBRA was a completely different beast to today. NO ONE was getting approvals & we had no idea when we would.

Timeline
If a congressional or senate office liaison is stupid enough to request an expedite based on money to be lost on wedding plan deposits, they should lose their job IMO. What a complete waste of time that would be for everyone involved. Expedites for I-129Fs are for serious situations - medical emergencies and military deployment. And even then, they are not easy to obtain.

I think we're now confusing issues in the thread - fwaguy and devilette are talking about just calling to ask for what's-up, which isn't the same thing as asking them to expedite the case.

As far as husker's information, however, that *might* work sometimes or for some people, but considering my own experience, I'll go ahead and just volunteer a big "Not Always," because I've tried it and received nothing for the efforts.

And husker disappeared, so . . . . .

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.