MrsKhan

What does this mean? Worried!!! [merged threads]

586 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Binna said:

Who said you are? I am referring to some particular postings that were completely very negative, perhaps you think you are?

Which posts???? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, Binna said:

Who said you are? I am referring to some particular postings that were completely very negative, perhaps you think you are?

So which ones?

Timeline

***crickets****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

***still crickets***

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

***still crickets***

Stop being rascist missileman.

Yes that is a joke.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

funny since we are all on an immigration site, going through the legal immigration process....

Yes it is funny, but mostly selfish

...do good and good will be done onto you...

15 minutes ago, Binna said:

Yes it is funny, but mostly selfish

Binna,

In all sincerity if you don't agree with the points in this thread of immigration reform, which basically eliminating the parent and spouse category, that is fine. But that does not mean we are anti-immigration nor selfish. There are many flaws to US immigration that is currently being exploited.

For instance,  people who have tourist visas can get married and adjust status in the US. That means there is no wait for them to be together. Meanwhile a person who doesn't have a tourist visa must wait over a year before their visa is approved to come to the US. Many members on VJ feel that is greatly unfair to the millions who can't get tourist visas. Should there be some type of reform to close this loophole or at the very least offer some type of opportunity for spouses a chance to visit their loved one in the US? Yes, I think so. Does that make me anti-visitor visa, of course not.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

6 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

Always hear the crazy lefties on CNN say: “My Irish great grandmother came here looking for better life , America is a land of immigrants, we took the poor and hurdled ITS ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY” radadadadada

That was the last century and even hundreds of years ago . We live in a very different landscae now. America is now a land of welfare programs. 

You think they had poor childrens health care insurance , medicare, foodstamps etc .. when they arrived on the mayflower ? 

With having such a welfare country you can not take most of your new immigrants from the poorest of the poorest countries in the world. 

Chain immigration needs to stop . Democrats use it as a way to get new votes in the future but it is so wrong and bad for the country . I see my vietnamese neighbours sponsor all there parents now . Siblings already in the pipe and applied for. They still dont speak a word of english after 10 years . We need to make it easier for highly educated to come here and harder for extended family members if not scrap it all together. 

This is not how ANY other western country selects its immigrants its old and outdated . 

In regards to DACA . First they said only DACA should get amnesty because they came as no fault of there own . Then ####### Durbin and his gang of amnesty people go to trump and propose LEGAL STATUS for thr parents as part of the deal . Thats why the government was shut down . 

They want unlimited amnesty for illegal immigrants but never fix the problem of how they came here initally . 

I live in Arizona by the border and I can tell you first hand from talking to ranch owners who have illegal immigrants and drug mules break into there house few times a year and multiple border patrol agents that WALLS WORK. Yuma,AZ had a huge problem with illegal immigration and since they built a wall with fencing and sensors and drones it is down to basically ZERO . 

No one is talking about a concrete wall but a wall in terms of inpenetrable fencing . With double fencing and additional technology . It will not stop everyone but it will give Border Patrol time to react .

Everyone knows it down here and its only the leftist elitists on the east coast and in hollywood who have never even been to the border that deny it . 

Yes I am an Immgrant so what ? I did it legally and I saw firsthand what unchecked illegal immigration in the millions did to my native Germany in only 1-2 years .

If I could rep you I would because you telling it brother.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

Always hear the crazy lefties on CNN say: “My Irish great grandmother came here looking for better life , America is a land of immigrants, we took the poor and hurdled ITS ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY” radadadadada

That was the last century and even hundreds of years ago . We live in a very different landscae now. America is now a land of welfare programs. 

You think they had poor childrens health care insurance , medicare, foodstamps etc .. when they arrived on the mayflower ? 

With having such a welfare country you can not take most of your new immigrants from the poorest of the poorest countries in the world. 

Chain immigration needs to stop . Democrats use it as a way to get new votes in the future but it is so wrong and bad for the country . I see my vietnamese neighbours sponsor all there parents now . Siblings already in the pipe and applied for. They still dont speak a word of english after 10 years . We need to make it easier for highly educated to come here and harder for extended family members if not scrap it all together. 

This is not how ANY other western country selects its immigrants its old and outdated . 

In regards to DACA . First they said only DACA should get amnesty because they came as no fault of there own . Then ####### Durbin and his gang of amnesty people go to trump and propose LEGAL STATUS for thr parents as part of the deal . Thats why the government was shut down . 

They want unlimited amnesty for illegal immigrants but never fix the problem of how they came here initally . 

I live in Arizona by the border and I can tell you first hand from talking to ranch owners who have illegal immigrants and drug mules break into there house few times a year and multiple border patrol agents that WALLS WORK. Yuma,AZ had a huge problem with illegal immigration and since they built a wall with fencing and sensors and drones it is down to basically ZERO . 

No one is talking about a concrete wall but a wall in terms of inpenetrable fencing . With double fencing and additional technology . It will not stop everyone but it will give Border Patrol time to react .

Everyone knows it down here and its only the leftist elitists on the east coast and in hollywood who have never even been to the border that deny it . 

Yes I am an Immgrant so what ? I did it legally and I saw firsthand what unchecked illegal immigration in the millions did to my native Germany in only 1-2 years .

I am an immigrant and I see my native country being totally destroyed by uncontrolled immigration.

Welfare state collapsing (like there weren't enough Italian citizens gaming the system). Young educated people leaving Italy (one of the most beautiful countries in the world and still one of the wealthiest) to find opportunities somewhere else.

I do not want the US (which is my second and adoptive country) to become the same.

And Germany has it good. Italy is basically a giant landing port in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, it is literally being invaded.

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those asking for the post with anti-immigration rants, let me just say that you asking the question means you wouldn't understand anyways, therefore there is no need point you to them.

In general, I am referring to the postings that are very in support of the proposed house GOP bill in totality and want it to be passed into law as it is. I think some of the laws are rather too extreme and could use some reviewing.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Italian_in_NYC said:

I am an immigrant and I see my native country being totally destroyed by uncontrolled immigration.

Welfare state collapsing (like there weren't enough Italian citizens gaming the system). Young educated people leaving Italy (one of the most beautiful countries in the world and still one of the wealthiest) to find opportunities somewhere else.

I do not want the US (which is my second and adoptive country) to become the same.

And Germany has it good. Italy is basically a giant landing port in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, it is literally being invaded.

Amen. I spoke of this about a couple other European countries a while back and got torn into by a couple posters about "speaking of things I didn;t know about" yet just go read news from those countries, see the statistics, the numbers, the crime rate exploding... it's obvious. A country can only manage so much.

And as a combat vet, I definately didn't fight for this country to get that way.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

You assume all legal immigrants come here for free health care insurance, medicare and foodstamps? This is what is being discussed here, not illegal immigration

6 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

I agree 100%, illegal immigration should be priority #1, not cutting off others who are immigrating legally

7 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

Again, we're talking about cutting off legal immigration. I came here as an immigrant too, so did my wife and we did it legally with a ton of paperwork and money instead of hopping over the fence. But this proposal cuts off legal immigration while negotiating with the left to let the illegals stay.

Timeline:

Spoiler

K1 Visa Journey
09/21/15 I-129F Sent
09/23/15 I-129F Received
09/28/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA1
10/03/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA1 - P1
10/27/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA2
10/31/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA2 - P2
11/16/15 NVC received papers
11/18/15 NVC assigned case number
11/20/15 NVC status changed to "In Transit"
12/14/15 NVC status changed to "Ready" case at Guangzhou embassy in China
12/29/15 NVC status changed to "Administrative Processing"
1/1/16 Received P3
1/1/16 Sent back required P3 documents
1/27/16 Received P4
2/16/16 Scheduled Medical
2/22/16 Scheduled Interview - Approved!!!
2/23/16 NVC status changed to "Issued"
3/1/16 Passport with visa received in mail
4/20/16 Arrival at USA! :)

AOS:
5/28/16 Filed I-131, I-485, I-765 at Chicago lockbox
5/31/16 Date on I-131, I-485, I-765
6/14/16 NOA-1 I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - no E-confirmation was received :(
6/28/16 Biometrics letter received
7/06/16 Biometrics appointment
7/26/16 All 3 receipt numbers finally show up at USCIS online case status check
8/17/16 EAD status changed to card is being produced, AP status changed to RFE
8/17/16 same day later in the evening both EAD status and AP status changed to Approved
8/19/16 EAD status changed - card was mailed
8/23/16 EAD/AP card delivered :dancing:

9/06/16 AOS approval in the mail received

9/10/16 Green Card received :)

ROC:

6/02/18 Filed I-751

1 minute ago, Binna said:

For those asking for the post with anti-immigration rants, let me just say that you asking the question means you wouldn't understand anyways, therefore there is no need point you to them.

In general, I am referring to the postings that are very in support of the proposed house GOP bill in totality and want it to be passed into law as it is. I think some of the laws are rather too extreme and could use some reviewing.

Well that's your opinion isn't it? But still crickets on the anti-immigration posts that you are talking about. You are basically saying that everyone is to stupid to understand anti-immigration rants.....

7 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

We have to have a sensible approach . Keep the DACA people for what its worth BUT make sure illegal immgration is the past once and for all . Bring it down to the minimum , it can be done if its wanted I know that

Agreed.

The immigrants who help build this country will forever remain relevant and important. They are a staple of our history that should never be forgotten. But like you said, it was in a time when things were different.

At one point in time, not too long ago, typewriters were in every office. My job installed charging stations for cars last year. My great grandchildren may not know what it is like to drive a gas combustible car. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable