MrsKhan

What does this mean? Worried!!! [merged threads]

586 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I am glad you have been able to sit down and take a look at everything I really am. I think me and you got into a argument here on VJ several months back in regards to immigration if I recall. But it's always good to keep a open mind on everything and take in all the facts no matter where they lie.

I wish I could rep you but in all honesty I am all rep'd out today, like seriously I can't give anymore by VJ rules.

I always try to keep an open mind, but of course, that doesn't mean I don't make mistakes or let emotion cloud my judgment from time to time.

This process is incredibly humbling, and I'll continue to do my best to listen to both sides. I won't agree on every single thing, but it keeps life interesting. We all have our opinions and talk based on our own experiences and insights. Right now, I truly understand why new immigration rules have to exist. 

thanks for the symbolic rep! I'll take it 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

39 minutes ago, Illiria said:

So many threads on here lately start with ‘so my parent just immigrated and has their green card what rights are they entitled to for healthcare, housing etc’ then get annoyed when it is pointed out that they signed the affidavit of support.

Thank you. I was about to respond with the same statement. I, myself, have replied to more than my share of posts on VJ asking about getting Medicaid to their newly immigrated parents. 

45 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

My MIL is elderly and half-senile in being truthful with people. I asked my wife if she wanted to petition her mother and my wife said "No". This is her response to my why: "My mother is old already and spends her days walking around town talking to people and picking nuts from the trees. Do you think she will like it here not being able to talk to everybody on a daily basis out here in the country?"

My wife's view of American life has changed. She has a complete understanding of it from the inside now. My MIL suffers a from lot of ailments and, quite honestly, she has had no interest to working since my wife was old enough to start working and providing to the household (which is a whole other issue for topic for another time). I asked my wife if she had any interest in bringing her mother and she told me she did at first but now know it is not for the best. She told me that her mother would literally just sit in the house and do nothing every day. When my wife and I are at work, kids are in school, there is nothing for her to do. My MIL is living with my adult sister in law and her new husband my MIL also has multiple  immediate family within 10 minute walking distance from their place. Not only that, the treatment for her ailments are a fraction for what it cost here. 

52 minutes ago, Vintat said:

I don't think that most immigrants that come to the US, legally or illegally, come here with the mindset of living off the system. They come here to work, 2 or 3 jobs if they have to, in order to support their family in the US or back in their homeland. Also the vast majority of immigrants, legal or illegal, do not commit crimes and for those who do, I dont believe that its at a rate any higher than that of the general "native" population. In fact, if I had to bet the farm, I would say the rate is probably less..

The US historically admits roughly 1million LEGAL immigrants each year, 45% of which are new arrivals to the country and the rest 55% are those that are already in the country that are upgraded to Permanent Residents. That represents just 0.3% of our US population of 327,000,000!  

I like the fact that you posted numbers. I will contribute by saying that even though a small fraction of immigrants that are able to make it here and help their family back in a country that is suffering extreme poverty, there are tens of million NEW people in the world that enter the poverty level EVERY YEAR. http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/poverty-and-shared-prosperity So for every immigrant that is able to flee poverty there are millions new immigrants who enter poverty per year. It is like pouring a bottle of water on a raging forest fire.

People in poor countries think the solution to poverty is to simply immigrate to a first world country (which I think is the ultimate motive for chain migration), but in reality that is only an individual solution and it doesn't alleviate the overall problem.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

I know that I will never be in the position to be effected by this, but my great grandmother and her entire family came on the boat from Hungary. They went through Ellis Island and went through the process to become American citizens because they wanted a chance at a better life. 

I cannot fathom, for the life of me, why people think that we should act like we're not a land of immigrants. 

Visa fraud is very real, and there are a lot of faults with our current system, but I do not like the attitude that so many people have about immigrants - especially on a website that is here for people going through processes like this. Come on. Have some tact.

Very well stated. 

It is quite interesting to see that a lot of the postings here are so very anti immigration whereas most of them are immigrants. Yes I completely agree that there is need to review and make some changes to the current laws on immigration but definitely not eliminating them completely.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

I had already answered it,  They are siblings so my current right to have them with me overcomes their personal behavior and they have to traceable criminal record.  Do you think others haven't sponsored family members with bad habits ?

So you would bring bad people into this country knowing they would be a burden just because it's your right? I certainly wouldn't bring anyone like that in here even if it was my sibling..

Working for scammers or a police officer helping scammers is hardly a "bad habit."

Timeline:

Spoiler

K1 Visa Journey
09/21/15 I-129F Sent
09/23/15 I-129F Received
09/28/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA1
10/03/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA1 - P1
10/27/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA2
10/31/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA2 - P2
11/16/15 NVC received papers
11/18/15 NVC assigned case number
11/20/15 NVC status changed to "In Transit"
12/14/15 NVC status changed to "Ready" case at Guangzhou embassy in China
12/29/15 NVC status changed to "Administrative Processing"
1/1/16 Received P3
1/1/16 Sent back required P3 documents
1/27/16 Received P4
2/16/16 Scheduled Medical
2/22/16 Scheduled Interview - Approved!!!
2/23/16 NVC status changed to "Issued"
3/1/16 Passport with visa received in mail
4/20/16 Arrival at USA! :)

AOS:
5/28/16 Filed I-131, I-485, I-765 at Chicago lockbox
5/31/16 Date on I-131, I-485, I-765
6/14/16 NOA-1 I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - no E-confirmation was received :(
6/28/16 Biometrics letter received
7/06/16 Biometrics appointment
7/26/16 All 3 receipt numbers finally show up at USCIS online case status check
8/17/16 EAD status changed to card is being produced, AP status changed to RFE
8/17/16 same day later in the evening both EAD status and AP status changed to Approved
8/19/16 EAD status changed - card was mailed
8/23/16 EAD/AP card delivered :dancing:

9/06/16 AOS approval in the mail received

9/10/16 Green Card received :)

ROC:

6/02/18 Filed I-751

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

My wife's view of American life has changed. She has a complete understanding of it from the inside now. My MIL suffers a from lot of ailments and, quite honestly, she has had no interest to working since my wife was old enough to start working and providing to the household (which is a whole other issue for topic for another time). I asked my wife if she had any interest in bringing her mother and she told me she did at first but now know it is not for the best. She told me that her mother would literally just sit in the house and do nothing every day. When my wife and I are at work, kids are in school, there is nothing for her to do. My MIL is living with my adult sister in law and her new husband my MIL also has multiple  immediate family within 10 minute walking distance from their place. Not only that, the treatment for her ailments are a fraction for what it cost here. 

The same way with my wife as well. Also with my MIL that is what she knows and loves and in all honesty if she doesn't see people everyday/week/month she will forget them. She is the best person to borrow money from though when she goes to pick up big $100 a month pension because by the time she picks it up and is able to get off the bus from the next town over she will have forgotten that she has given you the money. Luckily we have a handle on that now so that it doesn't happen anymore. She is living at her home with my SIL helping take care of her and that's fine by us. We are much happier at her being happy and us only having to spend $300 a month to take care of everything.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JonasSobieski said:

So you would bring bad people into this country knowing they would be a burden just because it's your right? I certainly wouldn't bring anyone like that in here even if it was my sibling..

Working for scammers or a police officer helping scammers is hardly a "bad habit."

They were being sarcastic to show why the system is broken by allowing these type of people to be brought in by chain migration.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

51 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Gosh my asawa and I hate that in all honesty. Then I am the bad one because I want to go buy some ammo or a new gun instead of helping out just alittle more.

My wife once threw a cup when I came home with a drone :jest: but when she says I am unfair on limiting the amount of money to send to her mom when her mother is living with two adult people (with no kids)who have jobs. I told her her mother is being well taken care of and we have a house and two children to look after. If she wants to use the money she spends on getting her hair done to send to her mother she is more than welcome.

12 minutes ago, Binna said:

Very well stated. 

It is quite interesting to see that a lot of the postings here are so very anti immigration whereas most of them are immigrants. Yes I completely agree that there is need to review and make some changes to the current laws on immigration but definitely not eliminating them completely.

Once again... we are NOT  ANTI IMMIGRATION!

This is another post where a person has not taken the time to read our replies. If we were anti-immigration, why would be immigrating loved ones and contributing to an immigration board?

Not only that, if you would have continued to read the thread, you would have seen that jaquelly (the person you quoted) later had a different insight on the points we were trying to make.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Binna said:

It is quite interesting to see that a lot of the postings here are so very anti immigration

Please give some examples of these "anti-immigration" posts....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

They were being sarcastic to show why the system is broken by allowing these type of people to be brought in by chain migration.

Fair enough. I just don't see where an extreme situation like this should be considered. Of course there will be a few bad apples but to cut off immigration to the majority of the folks who actually do the right thing seems a little rough.

Timeline:

Spoiler

K1 Visa Journey
09/21/15 I-129F Sent
09/23/15 I-129F Received
09/28/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA1
10/03/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA1 - P1
10/27/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA2
10/31/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA2 - P2
11/16/15 NVC received papers
11/18/15 NVC assigned case number
11/20/15 NVC status changed to "In Transit"
12/14/15 NVC status changed to "Ready" case at Guangzhou embassy in China
12/29/15 NVC status changed to "Administrative Processing"
1/1/16 Received P3
1/1/16 Sent back required P3 documents
1/27/16 Received P4
2/16/16 Scheduled Medical
2/22/16 Scheduled Interview - Approved!!!
2/23/16 NVC status changed to "Issued"
3/1/16 Passport with visa received in mail
4/20/16 Arrival at USA! :)

AOS:
5/28/16 Filed I-131, I-485, I-765 at Chicago lockbox
5/31/16 Date on I-131, I-485, I-765
6/14/16 NOA-1 I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - no E-confirmation was received :(
6/28/16 Biometrics letter received
7/06/16 Biometrics appointment
7/26/16 All 3 receipt numbers finally show up at USCIS online case status check
8/17/16 EAD status changed to card is being produced, AP status changed to RFE
8/17/16 same day later in the evening both EAD status and AP status changed to Approved
8/19/16 EAD status changed - card was mailed
8/23/16 EAD/AP card delivered :dancing:

9/06/16 AOS approval in the mail received

9/10/16 Green Card received :)

ROC:

6/02/18 Filed I-751

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Please give some examples of these "anti-immigration" posts....

More of people hearing 'immigration reform' and immediately wanting to blast people as "anti immigration".... funny since we are all on an immigration site, going through the legal immigration process....

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

I am thinking about my Great-great-grandparents.  When they packed up and left Ireland for Canada years ago, they did this with the understanding that they would never, ever, see their families again. Letters, yes, although the great-grandparents in question would have had to take them to the local teacher to read for them because they could not. And yet, they did it.  Things were very bad at home, and immigrants to Canda were promised land to farm, so they signed up. So, legal immigrants. Hard graft, but in the end, they did well. And they never saw their homes or families again.

Things are very much different today. The internet, instant communication, the ability to actually talk face to face through Skype. No more waiting on sailing ships that might bring you a letter from home. These days, immigrants here can hop on a plane and be back to hearth and home in no time. If it is important to you that you are surrounded by your family, perhaps you need to rethink the direction you are taking.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

My wife once threw a cup when I came home with drone but when she says I am unfair on limiting the amount of money to send to her mom when her mother is living with two adult people (with no kids)who have jobs. I told her her mother is being well taken care of and we have a house and two children to look after. If she wants to use the money she spends on getting her hair done to send to her mother she is more than welcome.

This is another post where a person has not taken the time to read our replies. If we were anti-immigration, why would be immigrating loved ones and contributing to an immigration board.

Exactly my wife got pissed and threw a cup at me because I came home with a new gun. I told her the exact same thing you told your wife at the time. My wife's family house was ravaged by Typhoon Pablo in 2012 so I spent $20k USD last year supposedly only going to renovate but ending up being a complete rebuild of that house. So now she doesn't ask me for anything outrageous for her family, but we will send like $50USD for a graduation gift from college or a bday present to a niece.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Who said you are? I am referring to some particular postings that were completely very negative, perhaps you think you are?

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Just now, cdneh said:

I am thinking about my Great-great-grandparents.  When they packed up and left Ireland for Canada years ago, they did this with the understanding that they would never, ever, see their families again. Letters, yes, although the great-grandparents in question would have had to take them to the local teacher to read for them because they could not. And yet, they did it.  Things were very bad at home, and immigrants to Canda were promised land to farm, so they signed up. So, legal immigrants. Hard graft, but in the end, they did well. And they never saw their homes or families again.

Things are very much different today. The internet, instant communication, the ability to actually talk face to face through Skype. No more waiting on sailing ships that might bring you a letter from home. These days, immigrants here can hop on a plane and be back to hearth and home in no time. If it is important to you that you are surrounded by your family, perhaps you need to rethink the direction you are taking.

Exactly