cybermax

2018 - US Passport & Card Application Tracker

421 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2018 at 5:13 PM, cybermax said:

It's time to start a new thread for people applying U.S. passports in 2018. Good luck everyone.

========================================================================================

US Passport & Card: 2018 Applicants
======================================
==================================================

UserName | Expedited no | Sent June 15             | Cashed  june 15      | Trackable  june 21      | PP Received | PPC Received | NC Received | Location 957580

cybermax   | No             | 01/22/2018 | 01/22/2018 |                          |                         |                           |                          | Woodbridge, VA                     

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
  2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
  3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
  4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
  5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
  6. Make changes and Add Reply.
  7. Expedited - Did you choose the expedited option? Yes or No
  8. Sent - Date you applied
  9. Cashed - Date when your check, money order or any other payment was processed or cleared.
  10. Trackable- Date when your case became trackable on State Department website
  11. PP Received - Date you received passport back from State Department
  12. PPC Received -Date you received passport card
  13. Location- Local office where you applied for US Passport book and or Passport Card
  14. NC Received- Date you received your Naturalization Certificate back from State Department.
  15. Redden timeline after receiving the Naturalization certificate or any other documents back.

It's time to start a new thread for people applying U.S. passports in 2018. Good luck everyone.

========================================================================================

UserName | Expedited | Sent              | Cashed        | Trackable       | PP Received | PPC Received | NC Received | Location

cybermax   | No             | 01/22/2018 | 01/22/2018 |                          |                         |                           |                          | Woodbridge, VA                     

9. Cashed - Date when your check, money order or any other payment was processed or cleared.
  13. Location- Local office where you applied for US Passport book and or Passport Card
  14. NC Received- Date you received your Naturalization Certificate back from State Department.
  15. Redden timeline after receiving the Naturalization certificate or any other documents back.

======================================
==================================================

UserName | Expedited | Sent              | Cashed        | Trackable       | PP Received | PPC Received | NC Received | Location

Hi,

I am new on this website. I just become US Citizen and i have my certificate of naturalization. I just go through website and i see i need to submit original copy of that certificate to get passport. I am applying first time and i have to use PO box so can any one tell me are we get certificate back on po box or it required sign to receive that certificate? i am going to use expedite service.  do we have to select USPS/FedEx/UPS or they use USPS only.

If i apply at Passport Agencies what kind  Proof of immediate international travel we need to bring.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, nme2018 said:

Hi,

I am new on this website. I just become US Citizen and i have my certificate of naturalization. I just go through website and i see i need to submit original copy of that certificate to get passport. I am applying first time and i have to use PO box so can any one tell me are we get certificate back on po box or it required sign to receive that certificate? i am going to use expedite service.  do we have to select USPS/FedEx/UPS or they use USPS only.

If i apply at Passport Agencies what kind  Proof of immediate international travel we need to bring.

You will receive your certificate later. You need to submit your certificate along with your application. 

I dont know anything about which carrier to pick for expedited delivery

I would assume you have to show your tickets/reservation at the passport agency

On 6/25/2018 at 10:27 AM, ariendj said:

I am not sure about the applications being processed at Philly but I did mine at a local post office in MA. 

It took 15 days for my passport to be printed. Im guessing yours will be printed by July 7th.

On a side note, please  add your timeline since it will be helpful for other passport applicants.

You guess was good, passport is on its way, betwen Tuscon, AZ and MA, arriving Friday the 6th!

I did not take the time to enter my dates in the formatted table, but the summary is this:

Application at post office on June 22th in MA

Notification passport is ready and to be on its way early July 3rd

Notification of shipment July 4th, estimated arrival July 6th, confirmed via "informed Delivery" web portal

21 minutes ago, Seabird said:

You guess was good, passport is on its way, betwen Tuscon, AZ and MA, arriving Friday the 6th!

I did not take the time to enter my dates in the formatted table, but the summary is this:

Notification of shipment July 4th, estimated arrival July 6th, confirmed via "informed Delivery" web portal

Yours processed pretty fast.  Congrats!

I applied the same day (June 22) as yours and mine is still processing and it has the same status since June 28 (personal check cashed on June 29).  I used regular service via USPS.

Edited by bobbyapache

1 hour ago, bobbyapache said:

Yours processed pretty fast.  Congrats!

I applied the same day (June 22) as yours and mine is still processing and it has the same status since June 28 (personal check cashed on June 29).  I used regular service via USPS.

I forgot to mention mine was "routine" (or "regular"), not expedited, not with extra for faster postal service.

My all-business postal person looked like a very efficient person, he may have been a factor. I should stop by and thank him!

2 hours ago, Seabird said:

Hi Congrats!, Can you tell me are they send any tracking number? are they going to send you certificate of naturalization  and passport together? I think via informed delivery we can just track mail coming on same day Can we track in advance i mean before today ago can we see what mail are going to delivery.

Thanks in Advance and appreciate your reply will  be helpful to me.

1 minute ago, nme2018 said:

Hi Congrats!, Can you tell me are they send any tracking number? are they going to send you certificate of naturalization  and passport together? I think via informed delivery we can just track mail coming on same day Can we track in advance i mean before today ago can we see what mail are going to delivery.

Thanks in Advance and appreciate your reply will  be helpful to me.

What I got was passport only - not mention of NC.

- the email notification:
provides a link to the postal tracking, which only indicates estimated day of delivery, and point of origin, and that it is insured. You can opt for (postal) email updates.

- My Informed Delivery account:

shows the same, or very close to same information, as it seems to be a close replicate of what the link shows. No picture yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/21/2018 at 10:37 PM, drwho007 said:

Hello everyone, question for those who have received your passports: Did  any of you apply for your passports BEFORE you updated your Social Security status?   I was warned when I applied that this may cause delays in processing the passport, because my social security status wouldn't have been updated yet when they do a check (which does not make sense because they will be looking at my ORIGINAL naturalization certificate which is in the packet).  Any delays on your end? Thank you.

I haven't updated my SS status.  I became an American last August.  I got my passport in 2 weeks using routine procedure - so no.

BUT before you apply for SSI, SSDI, or retirement - yes update SS.  THat's what happened to my friend - he was applying for retirement and was denied and found out that his status with SS has not been updated.  

I plan to go to SS one day when I have NOTHING to do.  it is a long wait and I try to go in the middle of the month when it's not that busy.

Shannon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 6:48 PM, nme2018 said:

are they provide any tracking number? when they send certification of naturalization so we can login online on usps or fedex and see when it comes.

You have to apply in person to get passport - the USPS will expediate it for you.  BUT if you really need it like a week from now, you have to go to State Dept and get it extra expediate - very expensive.  Depending on when you are traveling - if you are traveling within 2 weeks, forget it.  You are not getting it in time even with expediate service.

They will mail your NC separately and in a mail - no need for you to sign it off.  It will just mailed as a regular mail with Passport official envelope.  The passport will be mailed in a package and does not require a signature.

I hope this answers your questions.

topazfae

"If you applied for both a U.S. Passport Book and a U.S. Passport Card on the same application, the newly issued documents, as well as your returned citizenship evidence, may be mailed to you in separate packages at different times.  Therefore, it is possible to receive 3 separate mailings; one with your returned citizenship evidence, one with your newly issued passport book, and one with your newly issued passport card. It is currently being processed."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.