TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Bristol Renaissance Faire... great Mead and authentic English foods.  We dress up and they have jousts and a King and Queen, traveling minstrels, ale...it is a great time.  

Here is a link...

https://renfair.com/bristol/

The blacks there are probably the best dressed!  They wear authentic aristocratic wear.  There are a lot of serving wenches with plenty of cleavage to spare!  Walking around with a turkey leg is heaven there.

See, the Bristol (or Lethal Brizzle as I call it) here is known for Banksy, the Aardman studio, and this amazing cider boat the only sells you half pints because it's that strong. It's bloody delicious though.

I find it's mad that there are so many places over there that have been taken from our place names. I currently live in Essex and I'll be moving to, or near to, Essex in Maryland. I just can't seem to get away from this bloody place. 😂😂😂

Timeline
Just now, Lotts said:

Dress in old English gear? Oh man. I'm laughing already. So Kappa track suits? Shellsuits?!?!?!!??! Do they talk with a horrendous Cockney accent? (Because Americans think the only accent we have is a London regional accent) -i do... 😳

Are they proper chips and not these "fries" that are everywhere?

This sounds awesome. See you there 😂😂

Huh... I went to university in the Midlands. Stoke-on-Trent. Used to go to Birmingham and Manchester quite a lot for gigs and shopping.

Omg I laughed out load too hard! Don’t forget the Rockports.

i took my fiancé to my fave chippy (in Dudley, it’s in the Black Country where the old steel workers were back in the day, hence the name) and it annoyed my soul when he was like “girl these ain’t nothing but fat fries” No mofo they’re battered chips! 

I went to see a band downtown and a friend of my fiancé (who clearly travelled the U.K. a lot) said how he lived my accent as he hated typical London accents. He said the northern the better, except Scotland as he couldn’t understand them. I said most of us in the U.K. can’t either lol. But he said he like Midlands, Manchester and Liverpoolian accents. 

But yes, everyone think the U.K. is made up of London, so I give people a little lesson about the main cities in the U.K. 

4 minutes ago, Lotts said:

See, the Bristol (or Lethal Brizzle as I call it) here is known for Banksy, the Aardman studio, and this amazing cider boat the only sells you half pints because it's that strong. It's bloody delicious though.

I find it's mad that there are so many places over there that have been taken from our place names. I currently live in Essex and I'll be moving to, or near to, Essex in Maryland. I just can't seem to get away from this bloody place. 😂😂😂

It used to be King Richard's Faire.  It was taken over by another group and the town it is in just happened to be Bristol, Wisconsin.

Not to bring up old wounds but some of those places were named while you actually had control!  We kind of kicked your butts a few hundred years ago and it has been ours since.  We keep some of your names because it reminds us that we were actually a British colony.

And they are "real" chips, not french fries...malted vinegar and all.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Well let’s not forget who colonised the US. No surprise the names are all the bloody same. Lol

I love Bristol. Their accents are like farmers.

Bristol was just a coincidence.  It is the name of the town the faire is in.  Bristol, Wisconsin.  The fair had another name until a few years ago when this group took over.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Ahhhhh, I'm so glad we're back to making each other laugh, sharing stories, and comparing ways of life. This is the stuff that makes the waiting less horrendous..

I am all up for a Lethal Brizzle WI meet. Or wherever it is. I'll even bring my Kickers. I never got a pair of Rockports. 

I'm off to bed. My alarm goes off in 7 hours. Goodnight everyone. Remember, happy thoughts. Think of that amazing future. 💜

Edited by Lotts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

In the course of today we've gone from Ready, to Application Received, to Administrative Processing...good lord!  Just issue it, already!  In 2 days we'll be a month post-interview - never expected it to take this long at this stage.  Don't trust the embassy when they say it won't be a problem to interview pending your medical results...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lotts said:

I’m from MD...remind me what part you’ll be in? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

In the course of today we've gone from Ready, to Application Received, to Administrative Processing...good lord!  Just issue it, already!  In 2 days we'll be a month post-interview - never expected it to take this long at this stage.  Don't trust the embassy when they say it won't be a problem to interview pending your medical results...

What happened to you guys??? Did they tell you any reason why its taking so long???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, MarksMate said:

:wub: I had my interview today. Waited 2 hours and the interview was over in 2 mins. 

WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! K1 VISA  JOURNEY DONE!!!!!!!! No lawyers, just us and visajourney. 

He will be coming to NZ to get me in 2 weeks and in 3 weeks we will enter the US . :wub:

Goodluck everyone! I can't wait till we all are over the k1 hump. Keep positive and look after your fiance! 

Holy moly you done DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck yeah!! I was thinking about you all day today knowing you had your interview.  Did you end up walking out with visa in hand or are you waiting for it to arrive in the mail?  Also, 2 minutes?  Lord have mercy that is mega fast.  Also also, that's so awesome that he's coming to get you in NZ!!! I'm so excited for you!!!  

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.