TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, JWNord said:

Finally received our NOA2....took forever and they didn't bother updating the online system, and we received our notice by mail. Our NOA1 is dated 06/23/2017 and our NOA2 is dated 02/13/2018.....only 235 days. Be prepared to wait....USCIS is taking their sweet time.

235?  You are so lucky!  Congratulations.... :D

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Day 249. I remember Day 200 and thinking/hoping it couldn't be much longer. How stupid I was. 

Fiance is still unemployed (his workplace declared bankruptcy right before Christmas) and out searching for a job every day but we're both in limbo because who knows what's going to happen? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

Day 249. I remember Day 200 and thinking/hoping it couldn't be much longer. How stupid I was. 

Fiance is still unemployed (his workplace declared bankruptcy right before Christmas) and out searching for a job every day but we're both in limbo because who knows what's going to happen? 

I’m sorry to hear that. Not really sure what to say other than what all of us repeat to those still waiting daily. 

You really have a lot of strength. I really can understand how it must feel. 

I really hope you hear the news you are waiting for ASAP. 

Im also sorry to hear about your fiancé. Hopefully he’s in an area where he can find something quickly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, JWNord said:

Finally received our NOA2....took forever and they didn't bother updating the online system, and we received our notice by mail. Our NOA1 is dated 06/23/2017 and our NOA2 is dated 02/13/2018.....only 235 days. Be prepared to wait....USCIS is taking their sweet time.

Congratulations!! That's awesome!

Want to come party it up in Los Angeles once your K-1 is in hand? Add your name to the list (everyone is welcome)! :jest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcLp5pKlTwcn_Gv-eibkW4RQiCUOq_GSJXVQTarG2Vs/edit

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker. Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Still waiting for NOA2 Approval? Call USCIS and ask to speak to Tier 2.

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ -USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval?  https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to contact NVC https://goo.gl/zssbX1 - NVC - (603)-334-0700

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Desi1012 said:

Medical results were picked up today early morning today. TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MY NERVES ARE. I CAN'T EAT JUST THINKING HOW MY LIFE WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER :) PRAYERS ALWAYS UP AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY FAMILY HERE :) 

Haha, that's awesome!!

Good luck on your interview!!

Want to come party it up in Los Angeles once your K-1 is in hand? Add your name to the list (everyone is welcome)! :jest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcLp5pKlTwcn_Gv-eibkW4RQiCUOq_GSJXVQTarG2Vs/edit

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker. Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Still waiting for NOA2 Approval? Call USCIS and ask to speak to Tier 2.

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ -USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval?  https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to contact NVC https://goo.gl/zssbX1 - NVC - (603)-334-0700

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

3 hours ago, LydiaP said:

I was "convinced" we would be approved between 160 and 180..."missed it by that much...." to quote Maxwell Smart.

Now I have to worry about paying tuition for the schools in Manila for next year.  It is prepaid at the beginning of the year and school starts in June.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I was "convinced" we would be approved between 160 and 180..."missed it by that much...." to quote Maxwell Smart.

Now I have to worry about paying tuition for the schools in Manila for next year.  It is prepaid at the beginning of the year and school starts in June.

I feel for you so much. I see people from August getting their approvals and people having POE's who received their NOA1s around the same time as us and I wonder just who/what did we piss off to be forgotten?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I feel more upset about the October filers complaining about how long this is taking.  They have no idea.  We have lost too many good couples because of this stress.  We need to focus on our loved ones not this terrible process.  Today is a bad day.  Lots of arguments happening that mean nothing.  It is sad to see that the process has become more important than our loved ones.

Alex and I are still strong, we're just frustrated because, plans. You know what I mean.

I try to explain this waiting to my family and friends and it's difficult. I've reached almost a place of dread because I have become so accustomed to the wait that I'm scared of what comes next almost. I've become an expert at waiting. The next step I'm a novice in. It's a strange way of living.

16 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

Alex and I are still strong, we're just frustrated because, plans. You know what I mean.

I try to explain this waiting to my family and friends and it's difficult. I've reached almost a place of dread because I have become so accustomed to the wait that I'm scared of what comes next almost. I've become an expert at waiting. The next step I'm a novice in. It's a strange way of living.

Yes it is.  That was perfectly stated, though.  I cannot even imagine my approval now.  I try to help some of the later filers but I think some of my frustration still leaks out.  I am afraid of the next step.  Right now I know how to wait.  Rose and I are doing that great.  What next???  Unknown and at this point, not even in the realm of possibility in my head.

IMG_5168.jpeg

41 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I feel more upset about the October filers complaining about how long this is taking.  They have no idea.  We have lost too many good couples because of this stress.  We need to focus on our loved ones not this terrible process.  Today is a bad day.  Lots of arguments happening that mean nothing.  It is sad to see that the process has become more important than our loved ones.

October filers complaining? Erm.. i havent been & many others havent either.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

3 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

It happens every month.  People show up for the first time and talk about how their lawyer told them they would be approved in 3 months and the wait is killing them!!!  I don't blame them.  They don't know.  It is when they tell us that because their lawyer told them 3 months, we must be wrong.  My heart goes out to them and I do hope they dont have to wait as long as some of us are.

Most people get it.  It is a long and nasty process.  The fact that November had those approvals really hurt because they are all thinking they are late now... I have to think USCIS does that just to mess with us. :P:D:rolleyes:

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I believe you are the same one who told me that you didn't like my negative attitude in the October thread about a month ago.

Those of us who have been here for a while (re: since before August of last year) have seen the process go on so many times that we're insensitive to the 'newer' months complaining about the process.

Complaining can just be things like, UGH we have been waiting SO long. Which, you know, is normal, but it has happened in the October thread LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.