TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lotts said:

Riiiiiight, gotcha. Fellow UKer here too. Awaiting my NVC number so I can get things moving with the medical and interview. Just wanted a rough idea of how long it's taking between NOA2 and being issued with the NVC number. 

My american got an email this morning with our NVC number in it... so 1 week for us. WAY faster than i was anticipating. Now to suss the next bit. There's so much information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
5 hours ago, KBA said:

Unfortunately I am not that computer savy

I’m a little confused about the scans... i understood them when they had a WAC # attached to it. Now it just doesn’t make any sense for me. I wish I could even read them so I’m not even sure about being able to run them.🤔😳

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

My american got an email this morning with our NVC number in it... so 1 week for us. WAY faster than i was anticipating. Now to suss the next bit. There's so much information.

My NOA2 was Feb 6th. Not got anything yet. You're suuuuuuper lucky. Yey.

Yeah, I've read everywhere that there is a lot of info and stuff for the next bit. My American can be as dumb as anything sometimes so I'm pretty nervous about it. 😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Yeah, I've read everywhere that there is a lot of info and stuff for the next bit. My American can be as dumb as anything sometimes so I'm pretty nervous about it. 😐

Honestly I think the I-129f stage is more involved.  Don't sweat it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lotts said:

Yeah we are lucky, i appreciate that. I'm just nervous about some how missing something dumb. And i want to give my notice at work a couple weeks before my interview so that i don't have to wait so long between the interview and leaving. Is it at all common for people to get refused their visa at the interview stage as long as they are not actually dodgy?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, KBA said:

Congrats!! Another one voted off the island! Is there just 3 of us left now? @John & Rose @Martin3517

And me!!!😭😭

Timeline
25 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

nope theres 1 RFE thrown in there on 2nd Jan which we responded to a couple of weeks later (cos my petitioner was visiting me at the time) but otherwise it's been a long ### wait. NOA1 20/06. NOA2 09/02.

Feb 9th and you just got it! It took a long time... but I’m so happy you got it! It gives me hope that mine is on its way soon. Just keep on praying..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

Feb 9th and you just got it! It took a long time... but I’m so happy you got it! It gives me hope that mine is on its way soon. Just keep on praying..

I hope it's on it's way to you soon! Everyone has waited long enough!

Timeline
Just now, mac.brilliance said:

I hope it's on it's way to you soon! Everyone has waited long enough!

I know... especially when you see November getting approved in less than 3 months... happy for them don’t get me wrong but it hurts even more so for us because why don’t they prioritize what left behind so they can get on with the new.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Interesting twist with our married friend...He can just change the K-1 to a K-3 and keep going.  I've never heard of that.  He just needs to file an I-130!.

I thought the K-3 was obsolete?

Timeline
Just now, Kari & Atti said:

I know... especially when you see November getting approved in less than 3 months... happy for them don’t get me wrong but it hurts even more so for us because why don’t they prioritize what left behind so they can get on with the new.

yeah i don't get it but nothing we can do unfortunately other than settle in for the wait :(

Just now, o0o said:

I thought the K-3 was obsolete?

It is almost the way of the Do Do Bird but apparently it is just very rare these days.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 hours ago, KBA said:

I am a 6/22 route and contacted my congresswoman last week as I haven’t gotten anywhere with the inquiries I have made. So I think it’s worth a shot...I figured I had nothing to lose!

@AnxiousCitizen Absolutely! I went and would go everywhere. All they can do is say what they normally say. Sometimes you get lucky and you someone who pretends they care. I got the most out of my visit to the local office but some of my friends here didn’t get any help. Try everything and never give up!

Edited by Kari & Atti

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.