TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, SM2017 said:

yeah! I'm comparing it to your timeline so I think we'll have it early next week.

Getting all my documents ready while waiting. Got my NSO BC yesterday, now I'm waiting for the CENOMAR.

I didn't know that it takes longer than the BC and it's delivered separately. I got so confused yesterday when I just got one envelope from 2Go yesterday.

Yeah I got both yesterday but they came in two separate deliveries and couriers. :blink:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

Yeah I got both yesterday but they came in two separate deliveries and couriers. :blink:

I was just wondering. Does it have to be office hours for them to actually receive our petitions? Or when you say electronic, it can be anytime of the day and once the system gets it our status on the CEAC website automatically changes to ready? lol

Filed/Sent  i-129F: 06.26.17

NOA1: 06.30.17

RFE Received: 01.16.18

RFE Sent: 01.23.18

RFE Response Received: 01.24.18

NOA2: 01.31.18

NVC File Received: 02.08.18

NVC Case Number Assigned: 02.09.18

NVC Status "at NVC": 02.09.18

NVC Status "in Transit": 02.15.18

NVC Status "Ready": 02.16.18

Medical: 02.20.18 - Got the packet! :)

NBI Clearance: 02.27.18

CFO: 02.26.18

Interview: 03.12.18 --- Passed!

VOH: 03.16.18

POE: 04.02.18

Timeline
33 minutes ago, SM2017 said:

I was just wondering. Does it have to be office hours for them to actually receive our petitions? Or when you say electronic, it can be anytime of the day and once the system gets it our status on the CEAC website automatically changes to ready? lol

I'm not so sure about that but I would think they still do it during office hours. #1 Because our case was in transit on a Friday MNL, did not change over the weekend, then updated to ready on a Monday.

#2 Those whose cases were in transit on a weekday were updated to ready in less than 24 hours.

If the embassy does not observe the Chinese New Year holiday today, your case may get updated to ready today too.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

And there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that if you did. Ours will likely be much like that. Between the money we've spent during our relationship, on top of what we're currently spending and will spend on this process, ON TOP OF him not being immediately employed upon moving here.... we decided to veto the traditional wedding route and have something very small and private. I have a couple of uncles who are ordained, so one of them will officiate our ceremony and it'll just be outside somewhere that either doesn't cost anything, or is low cost. We have some local botanical gardens you can reserve by the hour (think Miranda and Steven from Sex & the City), or will use someone's backyard. Upside to living in the south/country; most people you know have some pretty backyards. :P

It'll just be immediate family and close friends also. We'll probably have a meal, because between Paul being a chef and me just generally being from the south, we have to have food. :pop: I plan on buying a regular dress and not necessarily a "wedding gown", so hoping that won't be too costly. I'd rather us have the money to use on something more important later, but still have that day be special because it's still a celebration. :) 

You can also check on the state parks around your area. You can rent/reserve some of it for cheap. I think we're gonna do that route since Colorado has some pretty spectacular places. $100-$150 to reserve a spot. :)  Also planning to have a picnic, make some smoked salmon and avocado with cream cheese sandwiches and chips before heading to some late lunch with the family at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. 

Might have to spend a little bit on a wedding photographer as we like to have really nice photos and have it printed and framed. 

We originally wanted to invite as many as we can but since visa, flights, and hotels are expensive then we just decided to have a small and intimate wedding with family and close friends. :) 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tony and Tillie said:

I'm not so sure about that but I would think they still do it during office hours. #1 Because our case was in transit on a Friday MNL, did not change over the weekend, then updated to ready on a Monday.

#2 Those whose cases were in transit on a weekday were updated to ready in less than 24 hours.

If the embassy does not observe the Chinese New Year holiday today, your case may get updated to ready today too.

I just checked and it says ready now! :wub:

Now all I have to worry about is my NBI since I applied for it last week but they asked me to come back after two weeks. 

Filed/Sent  i-129F: 06.26.17

NOA1: 06.30.17

RFE Received: 01.16.18

RFE Sent: 01.23.18

RFE Response Received: 01.24.18

NOA2: 01.31.18

NVC File Received: 02.08.18

NVC Case Number Assigned: 02.09.18

NVC Status "at NVC": 02.09.18

NVC Status "in Transit": 02.15.18

NVC Status "Ready": 02.16.18

Medical: 02.20.18 - Got the packet! :)

NBI Clearance: 02.27.18

CFO: 02.26.18

Interview: 03.12.18 --- Passed!

VOH: 03.16.18

POE: 04.02.18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

i am currently waiting for the embassy to send me an email i.e packet 3 and the link to schedule the interview. I've emailed them and they replied that i should wait for them to process and send the next intructions. Does any one know how much time it takes,? im tired of waiting and changing dates that ive planned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Amar & Aimee said:

i am currently waiting for the embassy to send me an email i.e packet 3 and the link to schedule the interview. I've emailed them and they replied that i should wait for them to process and send the next intructions. Does any one know how much time it takes,? im tired of waiting and changing dates that ive planned.

I wish I had your wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

10 more days to hug her! I’m feeling relieved already!

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well, after the 3rd week of post-interview AP, my fiancé sent another email to the embassy about our case today: 

"I'm emailing to enquire about the status of my application as my original interview date (Feb 15th) has been and gone without my passport returned, and CEAC shows my application has remained untouched since Feb 1st. A preferred travel date range of 5-10 Feb was noted during my interview, and I was told that the visa would be issued before then -- but these dates have passed without any update on the case.  As I'm sure you can imagine, my fiancée and myself are desperate to be together, and in two short weeks we will surpass 9 months of waiting for the K1 (2017 saw some horrendous slow-downs at USCIS, from a 6-month wait for petition approval to an inexplicable 7-week delay in simply sending our case to the NVC).  Any news, or help, would be very greatly appreciated."

The response: "The visa is still being processed. As soon as the process has been completed, we will let you know."

Looks like another long weekend for us - a bit bummed since it's our 3rd anniversary tomorrow and we were pretty excited to finally spend it together.  We have no clue what the hold up could be and it looks like we won't be getting answers.  This whole process has been a disappointment through and through...guess I shouldn't have expected things to be different at this stage.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, LydiaP said:

Yup. got a letter saying that my case is being adjudicated.

Well that’s good news! You should hear something soon! I haven’t even gotten a response from my inquiry on 1/29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, KBA said:

Well that’s good news! You should hear something soon! I haven’t even gotten a response from my inquiry on 1/29

I made my inquiry on 1/28. You will probably receive a letter soon. It's nothing but a form letter that essentially says what the app says.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

I made my inquiry on 1/28. You will probably receive a letter soon. It's nothing but a form letter that essentially says what the app says.

Oh ok, but how did you find out it was being adjudicated? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.