TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
16 minutes ago, KBA said:

How can they say it has been completed if you’ve heard nothing? Bizarre!! At least you got this much...I’ve gotten zip for a response from my inquiry in 1/29 :huh: 

I think that Once they say your request is completed It is followed by some type of response by mail. At least for me it was like that. We can only hope 🙏🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So, as expected it’s a BS RFE. I’ll just leave my lawyer’s response to explain. Seems if they want to give you an RFE then they will make up a reason. 

I am at a loss for words. They are asking you for answers to questions that you did not need to or have any obligation to answer. For example they ask you if you require a waiver (a forgiveness of sorts) and which waiver you are requesting. You needed no waiver and therefore requested none, and now they are saying why haven’t you marked the appropriate box. Or if you committed a crime, while suffering as a battered spouse, and what was your excuse for the crime, as in, "I was acting in self-defense", but you neither committed a crimes, nor did you ever needed to justify the crime that you never committed!!!!!!!

I have never seen an RFE like this in a  fiancé matter!!

The good news is that they are not questioning the legitimacy of your relationship.

Notwithstanding the irrationality of the RFE, I will take care of things immediately.

They’re not even yes/no questions. In the RFE they literally ask us to write “N/A” in every check box.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

So, as expected it’s a BS RFE. I’ll just leave my lawyer’s response to explain. Seems if they want to give you an RFE then they will make up a reason. 

I am at a loss for words. They are asking you for answers to questions that you did not need to or have any obligation to answer. For example they ask you if you require a waiver (a forgiveness of sorts) and which waiver you are requesting. You needed no waiver and therefore requested none, and now they are saying why haven’t you marked the appropriate box. Or if you committed a crime, while suffering as a battered spouse, and what was your excuse for the crime, as in, "I was acting in self-defense", but you neither committed a crimes, nor did you ever needed to justify the crime that you never committed!!!!!!!

The good news is that they are not questioning the legitimacy of your relationship.

Notwithstanding the irrationality of the RFE, I will take care of things immediately.

They’re not even yes/no questions. In the RFE they literally ask us to write “N/A” in every check box.

I'm sorry to hear that. Thats maddening and it's not even my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

This is what should have been done on the original I-129F form, which could be why they are requesting the RFE answers now, not that I'm justifying their reason - it sounds a bit 'out there'.

At least its an easy fix and then you can move forward - thats good news! 

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

This echos the article I read, that shows how this administration is making it difficult even for legal immigration: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/us/trump-immigration-slowdown.html

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

This is what should have been done on the original I-129F form, which could be why they are requesting the RFE answers now, not that I'm justifying their reason - it sounds a bit 'out there'.

At least its an easy fix and then you can move forward - thats good news! 

The form is literally like if you answer no to question X (which we did), then you can skip questions Y-Z. But yes it’s an easy fix, but it’s like they waited until they knew I’d be out of the country to request it (and yes they would know my upcoming travel from the background check since they asked about that when I had my global entry interview).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

Do they even know which file they were sending that rfe to???? I can't believe this bs

at least you have a good lawyer to get angry with this genuinely like that! 

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

The form is literally like if you answer no to question X (which we did), then you can skip questions Y-Z. But yes it’s an easy fix, but it’s like they waited until they knew I’d be out of the country to request it (and yes they would know my upcoming travel from the background check since they asked about that when I had my global entry interview).

Good news that it will be easily fixed, but seriously...all this waiting just for that? Ugh! Enjoy your time away! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Do they even know which file they were sending that rfe to???? I can't believe this bs

at least you have a good lawyer to get angry with this genuinely like that! 

Oh it’s most def mine since it has all my biographic info from my drivers license on the same page. Good news is I guess my “official” weight in the government’s eyes is what I weighed at 15.5 when I got my license. I wish! 😂 

And yes, my lawyer must be really mad since he’s normally the one talking me off the ledge.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

Oh it’s most def mine since it has all my biographic info from my drivers license on the same page. Good news is I guess my “official” weight in the government’s eyes is what I weighed at 15.5 when I got my license. I wish! 😂 

And yes, my lawyer must be really mad since he’s normally the one talking me off the ledge.

Well at least it's "easy" more like ridiculous but easy to fix now...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mike and Wendelyn said:

I'm stunned to say the least... WE GOT OUR APPROVAL TODAY!!!

No letter, nothing... just a message saying to check the USCIS website for a change in status :)

So... NOA 1 on June 28th

RFE received on January 18th by us

RFE returned and acknowledged on January 31st

NOA 2 received via notification on February 12th

I'm so excited!!!

My sincere wish is for @John & Rose to get their approval NOW!

And special thanks to @Naes @vocaledge, and everyone who makes this forum a success!

Congratulations!!! 

I'm so happy this week started this way and hopeful for a good level of clean up of both May and june! Approvals everywhere!!! 

And some stupid rfes....

Edited by Naes

I hope so too!!! So many of us have just been left wondering what and/or when we will be approved, what they might need, and on and on...

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Congratulations!!! 

I'm so happy this week started this way and hopeful for a good level of clean up of both May and june! Approvals everywhere!!! 

And some stupid rfes....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Allthephils said:

Well folks, this will probably be my last post until I return from the Philippines with my fiance (AHHHHHH!!!!!! still can't believe it). I will fly out tomorrow morning and will arrive at midnight on the 15th (his time). Best wishes to you all! The journey is long, but it does eventually end. Thank you all for the support and always being there to answer all of my silly questions! <3 

Have a great time and Enjoy your visit! :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.