levitude23

221-g received at CR1 interview. Help!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mano said:

if u r using income from his/her other family member to qualify the povetiline then u must hv to get I-864A from his/her family member.

Hi Mano and thanks for your response.

Honestly his W2 for 2016 are enough to show and they match it with his return.

Its just that he is married and filed his return jointly is what making me have his wife fill out 864A

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, levitude23 said:

Hi Mano and thanks for your response.

Honestly his W2 for 2016 are enough to show and they match it with his return.

Its just that he is married and filed his return jointly is what making me have his wife fill out 864A

if joint sponsors himself income is enough then they don't need to use her wife or children income. I-864A is just required when one person's income is not enough according to his household size then he/she use income from his household member while living at same residence. I-864A signed form actually is the contract between the joint sponsor n household member. Hope it helps

I'm also having the same 221-g for new joint sponsor. But m waiting to file 2017 tax returns n then will send that joint sponsor to embassy.

Edited by Mano

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mano said:

if joint sponsors himself income is enough then they don't need to use her wife or children income. I-864A is just required when one person's income is not enough according to his household size then he/she use income from his household member while living at same residence. I-864A signed form actually is the contract between the joint sponsor n household member. Hope it helps

I'm also having the same 221-g for new joint sponsor. But m waiting to file 2017 tax returns n then will send that joint sponsor to embassy.

My question is just because the tax return is filed jointly, the consulate wouldn't look for 864A would they? 

His personal income is enough, proven by the W2's

You are Waiting for 2017 return? Did the embassy asked you for 2017 return?

Timeline
1 minute ago, levitude23 said:

My question is just because the tax return is filed jointly, the consulate wouldn't look for 864A would they? 

His personal income is enough, proven by the W2's

You are Waiting for 2017 return? Did the embassy asked you for 2017 return?

The consulate will require i-864A if the actual sponsor's income is low. n please kept in mind that household member must have the same residence as sponsor's only then u can use  i-864A.

No they didn't asked for that. because new fiscal year has been started and my spouse income will be fine this year so we decided to send AOS with new year taxes n new year W2's. 2017 W2's are also available so we use that.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mano said:

The consulate will require i-864A if the actual sponsor's income is low. n please kept in mind that household member must have the same residence as sponsor's only then u can use  i-864A.

No they didn't asked for that. because new fiscal year has been started and my spouse income will be fine this year so we decided to send AOS with new year taxes n new year W2's. 2017 W2's are also available so we use that.

Got you

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, Mano said:

if u r using income from his/her other family member to qualify the povetiline then u must hv to get I-864A from his/her family member.

Hi Mano, need your feedback

After the consulate received the joint sponsor paperwork, they sent her another letter asking for following:

1. Signed statement from petitioner (myself) when, where, how did you meet, who introduced you, plane tickets & passport stamps.

2. Same signed statement from beneficiary (my wife)

3. Signed statement of all my education history, credits earned, degree earned

4. Signed description of any paid work done since my arrival in 2005

5. Statement detailing how, when, where I met my Ex and How it ended in divorce.

Why signed statements?

Coz they weren't satisfied with her answers at the interview?

Timeline
11 hours ago, levitude23 said:

Hi Mano, need your feedback

After the consulate received the joint sponsor paperwork, they sent her another letter asking for following:

1. Signed statement from petitioner (myself) when, where, how did you meet, who introduced you, plane tickets & passport stamps.

2. Same signed statement from beneficiary (my wife)

3. Signed statement of all my education history, credits earned, degree earned

4. Signed description of any paid work done since my arrival in 2005

5. Statement detailing how, when, where I met my Ex and How it ended in divorce.

Why signed statements?

Coz they weren't satisfied with her answers at the interview?

it's really odd they required such things after interview :/ Unfortunately we hv to follow the instructions we hv no other choices. i have hear in some cases they required further documents and after providing that documents they got their visas in few weeks so be positive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.