smilesammich

Trump vs. Trump, again: Judge cites presidential tweets as he blocks DACA phaseout

99 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

too late. you misrepresented my comments from another thread, and brought it up again after i said i was done repeating myself. that thread is still here if you need to reread my comments (including the entire conversation we had yesterday regarding oprah's not racist comments) for clarity.

the only thing worse than making you repeat yourself is to make you repeat yourself after you clearly stated you were done repeating yourself.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Timeline
25 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i would visit the u.s. but then i'd be back in the happiest place on earth.

Maybe.  It’s a beautiful country to be sure.  People are friendly.  But it’s rather expensive for my tastes, and I’m not a fan of everyone dressing alike.  Travel is expensive, taxes are high (though I would be retired if I did move there).  Like I said, I would enjoy a visit, not sure the expense would make it high on my list of places to live.  I’m leaning more towards Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, personally.  But I’ll come visit you if you move there!

2 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

the only thing worse than making you repeat yourself is to make you repeat yourself after you clearly stated you were done repeating yourself.

and yet it just keeps popping up in every thread..weird huh.

Just now, IDWAF said:

Maybe.  It’s a beautiful country to be sure.  People are friendly.  But it’s rather expensive for my tastes, and I’m not a fan of everyone dressing alike.  Travel is expensive, taxes are high (though I would be retired if I did move there).  Like I said, I would enjoy a visit, not sure the expense would make it high on my list of places to live.  I’m leaning more towards Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, personally.  But I’ll come visit you if you move there!

meh, i'd rather have high taxes and actually get something in return. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

and yet it just keeps popping up in every thread..weird huh.

You need to look at the possibility that a co-dependency has been established, just sayin

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

3 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

You need to look at the possibility that a co-dependency has been established, just sayin

and i thought having stalkers would be more glamorous.  :(

*eta THIS IS A JOKE. I DO NOT THINK ANYONE HERE IS STALKING ME AND I AM NOT STALKING ANYONE, HERE. ;)

Edited by smilesammich

6 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

and i thought having stalkers would be more glamorous.  :(

*eta THIS IS A JOKE. I DO NOT THINK ANYONE HERE IS STALKING ME AND I AM NOT STALKING ANYONE, HERE. ;)

Reported.  You are not joking 

Filed: Timeline

Some of you need to get real.  While it is unfortunate that Trump happened to pick a country whose population is primarily black to disparage, that doesn’t mean he was referring to their skin color.  The country is a cesspool of crime and corruption.  Homicide rate more than double the US (which gets a lot of attention here in CEHST), a high number of sexual violence crimes, crimes are way underreported (making the country more unsafe than claimed), and the list goes on and on.  Poverty is rampant.  GDP is $1800 per capita.  

Here’s a few fun facts about the country ( https://borgenproject.org/top-five-facts-about-poverty-in-haiti/ ):

1. Even before the earthquake hit, 1.9 million people were in need of food assistance. Around 60 percent of the population lives on less than $1.00 a day. As a result, malnutrition and anemia run rampant. Haiti is the third hungriest country in the world.
  2. Only 50 percent of the people have access to an improved water source, such as a hand pump or a well. This means that most of the population depends on lakes, streams and rivers for their water, regardless of the cleanliness. Even if some people can get to better water than others, a total of 80 percent do not have adequate sanitation available. So even if they run less risk of becoming ill from bad water, they are unable to clean themselves and are susceptible to disease and infection.
  3. Only fifty percent of children living in Haiti are able to go to school, while 30 percent of those only progress to the fifth grade. As a result, half of Haitians are illiterate. Without a proper education, the people are unable to break free of the cycle of poverty.
  4. Haiti is the poorest country in the world with a poverty rate of 77 percent, closely followed by Guinea with a 76.7 percent poverty rate. The World Bank estimates that the earthquake caused about $8 million in damage, or 120 percent of the GDP.
  5. There is a large population of orphaned children in Haiti, many of whom are living on the streets. There were an estimated 380,000 prior to the earthquake and untold thousands added to that number after it. There are also about 250,000 restaveks, or children working as servants and often treated as slaves

Trump called it like he saw it.  May have been in poor taste, but I don’t see it as inaccurate.  Ask yourself... how come YOU’VE never planned a vacation there?

I don’t see how any but the richest 1% could even qualify to immigrate here.  

Edited by Penguin_ie
citing source