smilesammich

Trump vs. Trump, again: Judge cites presidential tweets as he blocks DACA phaseout

99 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, Keith & Arileidi said:

In 10-20 year Mexico will have a higher standard of living.
In fact, the trend shows a downward slope when it comes to immigrants crossing the border.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/03/02/what-we-know-about-illegal-immigration-from-mexico/

The "Slippery slope" term only comes out when you dont have much of a logical reason to disagree with a piece of policy.
Especially when you are actually a supporter of its premise.

It didn't work with gay rights, its not going to work with DACA.
These types of situations that effect REAL peoples lives need to be taken on case by case basis.

That is laughable to say the least. Mexico can not get it's corruption or security under control to get even close to us.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, Keith & Arileidi said:

It's over 30 years old, So it needs a fresh update. 

Like I said in a previous post, immagration is constantly evolving topic that needs to be dealt with case by case. 

The last immigration bill is 20 not 30 years old fyi. But I do not think it needs to be nullified or "evolved" at all. I do think that they need to do away with chain migration and the DV program though.

4 hours ago, jayjayj said:

I doubt we will see a clean bill.  Dems wants a clean bill, because they don't want to have to give anything up to get what they want.  That won't be the case with DACA.  They are going to have to give up wall funding, elimination of the visa lottery system, elimination of chain migration, full implementation of e-Verify, and additional border security funding.  None of those commonsense measures to secure our country's borders should be showstoppers for the Dems, if they truly care about DACA recipients they'll drop the nonsense insistence for a clean bill and start negotiating.        

19 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

He's tried it a few times.. and it's exactly what's he doing with DACA if Congress passes a clean bill and trump fails to sign. 

I am all for the "Approved" DACA people to stay and be held to the same rules as EVERY OTHER LPR here in the USA. That means if they mess up or get in trouble with the court system then they get deported, just like what would happen to my wife or your wife. BTW I am assuming that your a guy and if your a woman then I sincerely apologize.

I really do not think that there will be a "Clean Bill for DACA" only at all. I think that Trump thinks that this would a great time to call the Dems out on how fake they are. If they seriously want to help the DACA recipients then they will come to the table and negotiate. That means that you have to be able to give and take on some things, not just ok this is it and it's all or nothing.

Edited by cyberfx1024

33 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I am all for the "Approved" DACA people to stay and be held to the same rules as EVERY OTHER LPR here in the USA. That means if they mess up or get in trouble with the court system then they get deported, just like what would happen to my wife or your wife. BTW I am assuming that your a guy and if your a woman then I sincerely apologize.

I really do not think that there will be a "Clean Bill for DACA" only at all. I think that Trump thinks that this would a great time to call the Dems out on how fake they are. If they seriously want to help the DACA recipients then they will come to the table and negotiate. That means that you have to be able to give and take on some things, not just ok this is it and it's all or nothing.

Trump wants to put the lives of Americans at jepordy for political gain. 

That doesn't sound very presidential. 

41 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That is laughable to say the least. Mexico can not get it's corruption or security under control to get even close to us.

What about the post is laughable? 

14 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Trump wants to put the lives of Americans at jepordy for political gain. 

That doesn't sound very presidential. 

By definition DACA reciepients are not truly American at all. Yes, they are usually brought here when they are very young but by definition they are not Americans. The ONLY DACA recipients who I would consider to be "American" are those that signed up to join the military. It is very Presidential to debate and negotiate to get a deal through to help Americans overall.

24 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

What about the post is laughable? 

Do you know any Mexicans or people that have family still in Mexico that they go see regularly?

I have really good friends of mine whose parents came from Mexico and she goes back regularly to be with family and vacation. She decided to not make that trip this year due to all the violence going on in the country. The last time they went 2 years ago a drug cartel shut down the airport because they shot down a helicopter in the city, and they were restricted to the hotel due to the violence.

19 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Clean Bill

Translated to MDL

It means "We get everything we want the way we want it"

You forgot this part "We get everything we the way we want it, and you don't get anything because your racist".

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You forgot this part "We get everything we the way we want it, and you don't get anything because your racist".

glad to see ya'll are finally coming around to the fact that trump is racist.

1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

glad to see ya'll are finally coming around to the fact that trump is racist.

and anyone who likes Trump or disagrees with what Oprah said is Racist , right ?

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

and anyone who likes Trump or disagrees with what Oprah said is Racist , right ?

better read your bible.

3 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Do you know any Mexicans or people that have family still in Mexico that they go see regularly?

I have really good friends of mine whose parents came from Mexico and she goes back regularly to be with family and vacation. She decided to not make that trip this year due to all the violence going on in the country. The last time they went 2 years ago a drug cartel shut down the airport because they shot down a helicopter in the city, and they were restricted to the hotel due to the violence.

Yes I'm from Detroit. 

I work with Mexican and Arab immagrants that go home regularly. 

Every place has it's good and it's bad.. wages are growing in Mexico. 

"Mexico's minimum wage will rise almost 10% on Sunday, in a jolt to the system meant to stoke the poorest workers' buying power, which has been eroded by recessions and past bouts of high inflation. "-Fox buisiness 

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/12/31/mexicos-minimum-wage-set-to-rise-nearly-10.html